• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

No Topic, just Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You know I have never understood what the big deal with tasting nic is. We sucked on a cigarette for years and years, did we think no nic seeps into our mouths from the wet end of the cig? Howabout those who use chew or cigars? What about using one of the approved devices like, that puffer thing or nicorette. then of course there is getting it on your skin, what about the patch.
Potatoes, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, tomatillos, tamarios, pepinos, pimentos, paprika, cayenne, and Tabasco sauce are classified as nightshade foods. All contain a tiny bit of nic.
I am not saying we should sip nic juice or use it as a hand lotion, Precautions should be taken when handling any toxic subtance.
We just need to keep things in perpective.
8-o All that said...yuck! I hate it when I get a mouthful of nic!:D

Nette62

Jun 4, 2009
Lawrenceville, GA
Girl, I've been a lunchlady for 10+years and worked with alot of teachers, they make a huge difference in a kids life. We always joke about switching for the day.

I've been smoke free for 18 days and can't figure out how to put that "thingy" on my posts that says that....anyway..smoked for 35 years. Divorced after 20 years- woke up a week before my 40th b-day and realized I didn't want this for another 40. Have 3 wonderful kids 2 boys, 26 and 22 and a girl 18. The 26yr old is married and going to make me a Nana this year, I am soooooo excited.
I live with a BF-kinda weird saying that in your 40's-for 5 yrs now, he's a truck driver so in and out alot. We have 2 cats and a dog, dog thinks it's a cat...so sad....

can't think of anything else....will go back to reading about ya-ll.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Welcome nette, It's good to have you here! Please feel free to post anywhere and everywhere. :rolleyes:
To get the quit sign, just click on someone's sign, it will take you to where they got it.
You need to be careful, those things are advertising for someone. When you click see who is sponsering it. If you feel it's spam..click on some one else's (of a different type.). The span could be to send people to their site, or maybe worse. Please be aware of what you add when you surf the web.:oops:

crafty-myra

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Orange County CA
etsy.com
Thanks Mary Ann for the invite to the womens room. Right I will now tell you all a little about myself. My name is Myra and I am happilly married to a guy I met on the internet in 2001 (yes some of them do turn out happy). I met him face to face when he came to UK to meet me in July and by September I had made up my mind to move here. I went back in December and sold my business, gave up my house and moved 6500 miles :rolleyes:. I used to work at Frys answering all the questions and taking a lot of abuse from customer phone calls. Yea I was a customer relations . I handmake jewelry and sell to whoever wants to buy it, but I had to have back surgery 3 weeks ago and havent got back in the swing of it yet. I started vapping (if thats what its called) 4 days ago, after smoking around 3 packs a day for years. So far I prefer vapping to smoking real ones now. I have just ordered a 901 and some other bits from China and cant wait for it all to get here. I am dying to try the chocolate one.
Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all and making new friends.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Hello, my name is Judy. I am from Oklahoma. I am a 61 year old hairstylist. My family is pretty much on self propel now. My Uncle is 94 and living in a nursing home. His mind is still great. He had polio as an infant and has been severely crippled all of his life. He raised 3 daughters and worked until he was 89. He was always very strong in his upper body but as he started losing his mobility he couldn't take care of himself any longer and had to go into the nursing home. He started using a computer at 90. He is the most remarkable man I have ever known. He needs more email buddies. I don't know where to find him any buddies in a safe way. He doesn't like to watch TV and the other patients in the nursing home are mostly adorable but not at the same level that he is mentally. The staff don't really have time to talk to him. He has family that visits but He just need more than we can give him. I am sure some of you girls can give me some ideas about how to find him more friends to keep him busy. My mother was in the same nursing home and died recently. He is just so alone now. He was afraid that when Mom died that my kids and I would stop visiting him. Well we have not but he needs more than just us and his daughters and grand children. I would greatly appreciate any ideas that any of you may have.

Cori

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
USA
Welcome to both of you Myra & Stormy..its great to have you here. I'm fairly new myself.

On the email buddy Stormy.. I did the email pen pal thing once and I just have to say I got emailed by a lot of really weird people with strange ideas lol. If he goes that route he should get a special email address just for this purpose.

My suggestion would be to find a forum online, that has people with similar interest as him. Help him set up a user name and get him started posting. I've found many friends online posting to different forums. Eventually he'll meet someone on there he has a lot in common with and they can start swapping email if they both agree.

Another option might be a live chat room. Again you would need to find one that talks about things that interest him. I think its great that he's so sharp and not afraid to try something new.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Welcome to both of you Myra & Stormy..its great to have you here. I'm fairly new myself.

On the email buddy Stormy.. I did the email pen pal thing once and I just have to say I got emailed by a lot of really weird people with strange ideas lol. If he goes that route he should get a special email address just for this purpose.

My suggestion would be to find a forum online, that has people with similar interest as him. Help him set up a user name and get him started posting. I've found many friends online posting to different forums. Eventually he'll meet someone on there he has a lot in common with and they can start swapping email if they both agree.

Another option might be a live chat room. Again you would need to find one that talks about things that interest him. I think its great that he's so sharp and not afraid to try something new.
I think he would be offended at the language in most of the chat rooms. It has been a real struggle trying to find the right thing for him. He is a very interesting person but it is hard finding groups that he has much in common with. There just aren't a lot of people left that have things in common with a 90 year old.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Hi Myra and Judy! Welcome to the Women's room. Please check your heels for T.P. as you exit:D
Myra, glad you found your way down here, I hope it was worth all the halls and stairs. You will love your new 901, I haven't put mine down in almost 2 months! The flavors are wonderful too. Don't be afraid to mix them..you won't have a choice anyway, if you are like me all those little bottles look alike and I manage to to mix the flavors at radom. Tonight I am vaping Coffee with an accidental drop or two of banana..it's good!
Vapor=vape (as in cape)+vaping
Smoke=Smoking= yuck
Hey Judy, Sorry to hear your Uncle had to go to a nursing home, I do understand. My Mom is 85 and living with me, she has alziemers and many other problems. She tried to use the internet but never got the hang of it.
I have a couple of ideas for you. Christain forums, retired military, retired from whatever work he did groups. Hobby groups. Fans of whatever his favorite music is groups (swing, big band, the beatles ect.) groups for the disabled.
He must have a lifetime of stories to tell. There is a library/ historical sociaty that asks people to tell their stories. He could go to Rootsweb and post on the area's he grew up in or lived his life, he might even know some of the people they are asking about. let's say he grew up in Moline Ill. and someone wants to know if anyone remembers where the old John Deere boarding house was? (my husbands Aunt ran it BTW) He could probably tell them. There are lots of places to tell the story of an area in Genweb. They would just kill to have some stories to post!
here are some places to check out..of course just to give you idea's, you would need to check the schools and libraries of his home town.

Story of your life:
Tell The Story Of Your Life

Genealogy:
Free Genealogy and Family History Online - The USGenWeb Project

RootsWeb.com Home Page

Big Band group:

Big-Band Forum - Topix

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
You will love your new 901, I haven't put mine down in almost 2 months! The flavors are wonderful too. Don't be afraid to mix them..you won't have a choice anyway, if you are like me all those little bottles look alike and I manage to to mix the flavors at radom. Tonight I am vaping Coffee with an accidental drop or two of banana..it's good!

just wanted to add that I did this on accident too and found out that red bull flavor and watermelon are delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread