Noisy Cricket II!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Has anyone found that the NCII 's lowest voltage setting Isn't 2V?

I popped a .33 build on it and at the lowest setting (full Dial CW) its hitting much harder than 2v

If I turn the dial full CCW its definitely putting much more power to the coil.

I compared with a few of my other mods and setting this at what "should be 2v" according to their documentation matchs my other mods at 3.5-4 volts.

The Fire button light is red/orange so it's definitely in Constant voltage mode.
Yup. Mine too. Feels more like 3.5 to 4 volts on the lowest setting.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Yup. Mine too. Feels more like 3.5 to 4 volts on the lowest setting.

Okay cool, it's not just me then.

Just got it in the mail today, didn't realize the was wider on the atomizer end, which is a plus since the only rda I have for it right now is the Avocado 24.

It probably wont get much use since I got the Dripbox160 and a Hadaly Clone though.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Okay cool, it's not just me then.

Just got it in the mail today, didn't realize the was wider on the atomizer end, which is a plus since the only RDA I have for it right now is the Avocado 24.

It probably wont get much use since I got the Dripbox160 and a Hadaly Clone though.
Ooooo let me know how you like the Hadaly on the Dripbox! I was thinking of getting one and an o-atty clone for my 160.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ooooo let me know how you like the Hadaly on the Dripbox! I was thinking of getting one and an o-atty clone for my 160.

So far so good.

Only been using it for like an hour though, the only build was a premade clapton that came with my dripbox a few weeks back.

I ordered the Daedalus coil kit from Efun.top for 35.99 so when that arrives next week I'm gonna pop a massive dual fused clapton in there.

The drip tip is a little short since I have thick lips, and the vapor can burn my inner lip if I'm not careful, but thats easily rectified with a replacement driptip

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
So far so good.

Only been using it for like an hour though, the only build was a premade clapton that came with my dripbox a few weeks back.

I ordered the Daedalus coil kit from Efun.top for 35.99 so when that arrives next week I'm gonna pop a massive dual fused clapton in there.

The drip tip is a little short since I have thick lips, and the vapor can burn my inner lip if I'm not careful, but thats easily rectified with a replacement driptip
One more question where did you get the Hadaly clone? Thanks!

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Reactions: Btsmokincat

DocChimney

Mar 12, 2016
One of my modes does not work (white light) it flashes 3 times and nothing happens, however the orange/red in series works and so does parallel.... any ideas? To low resistance? Also, no difference when turning the dial, if anyone has the same problem or any ideas, please share them!
Never mind! My resistance was to low, so it cut off. Vape on mates!

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hello!

Need some advice. Ran it in regulated mode with LG HG2 batteries and a dual coil at 0.24 Ohm. Chainvaped <10 times, and it got a little hot, but it was the tank and not the batteries. Can those batteries be used in regulated mode with that low ohm? My Smok Alien handles that well, and thought as long as it was in regulated mode it would handle it too.

Also wondering why I got too much power running a single coil at 1.1 Ohm in serial mode and unregulated. It burnt the rayon. Thought high Ohm was OK in serial unregulated.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hello!

Need some advice. Ran it in regulated mode with LG HG2 batteries and a dual coil at 0.24 Ohm. Chainvaped <10 times, and it got a little hot, but it was the tank and not the batteries. Can those batteries be used in regulated mode with that low ohm? My Smok Alien handles that well, and thought as long as it was in regulated mode it would handle it too.

Not sure how the regulated mode works but what setting are you at? That determines if your batteries can handle the draw.

Also wondering why I got too much power running a single coil at 1.1 Ohm in serial mode and unregulated. It burnt the rayon. Thought high Ohm was OK in serial unregulated.

1.1Ω is about 65w with fully charged batteries (not accounting for voltage drop). Seems that's simply too high for your tank/build.

You know ohms law, right?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: nocigsnomore

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Me does!
biggrin.gif

Hardest with the Version 1: 0.24 Ohms...really hard. any people would say: "Don't do that!!!"

But: I do...because it is winter time and like nice handwarmers...
greeting.gif

My 26650 4Niners are also nice warmers: one with 0.05 Ohms and theother with 0.06...A123 ANR26650M1-B the batteries...

Look there, german crazyness: RE: Zeigt her eure Wicklungen! - 17

Me am I.
bye.gif

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Not sure how the regulated mode works but what setting are you at? That determines if your batteries can handle the draw.

1.1Ω is about 65w with fully charged batteries (not accounting for voltage drop). Seems that's simply too high for your tank/build.

You know ohms law, right?

Thanks!

I saw the below video before I fired it up. I know a bit a more Ohm's law now, but I have always done my research before firing up a mech, I did now too, but forgot to put in 8.4 Volt at Steam Engine. Knew it's dangerous to go below 0.5 Ohm in serial.

Mechs are more complicated than baking bread, that's for sure!

Last edited:

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Me does!
biggrin.gif

Hardest with the Version 1: 0.24 Ohms...really hard. any people would say: "Don't do that!!!"

But: I do...because it is winter time and like nice handwarmers...
greeting.gif

My 26650 4Niners are also nice warmers: one with 0.05 Ohms and theother with 0.06...A123 ANR26650M1-B the batteries...

Look there, german crazyness: RE: Zeigt her eure Wicklungen! - 17

Me am I.
bye.gif

Thanks, I feel a bit more relaxed now, but Is that safe? :p

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Thanks, I feel a bit more relaxed now, but Is that safe? :p

Just because someone else does it, doesn't mean you should. There is a reason they are getting hot.

I don't think any sensible vaper would recommend those builds - but that's his choice (it's his hand and face at the end of the day). I just hope that people don't read posts such as those and then go and try it. I also hope that if such builds do go wrong and cause injury that the people don't then go spouting off about vaping when it's their own ignorance that has caused the problem - not their gear.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Just because someone else does it, doesn't mean you should. There is a reason they are getting hot.

I don't think any sensible vaper would recommend those builds - but that's his choice (it's his hand and face at the end of the day). I just hope that people don't read posts such as those and then go and try it. I also hope that if such builds do go wrong and cause injury that the people don't then go spouting off about vaping when it's their own ignorance that has caused the problem - not their gear.

Thanks! :) I wont take my chances no!

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

Indeed. Joergl seems to be eager to advocate unsafe builds to people without the proper knowledge and experience, or he simply enjoys bragging about his super low builds thinking we'll think he's cool...

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Saw a youtube video on how to build for serial unregulated, and one needs a lot of wraps. Built this with 24awg kanthal, 2mm and 19 wraps each, and it really hits! Ohm is 0.59. Got Sony VTC6s in it. 6mg nic is too high with this. Used Fiber Freaks precut, and the fit is too tight for this build with 100% VG.

serial.jpg

Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread