Not open for further replies.

PisangLaut

Jun 7, 2015
Indonesia
Hi
I have been vaping for a while now
and I hear a lot of buzz around these mods

I'm sorry of this stupid question but

what is the advantages of using a NC-II-25 or the Tesla inveder III over any good regulated mod like ipv 6x or dna 250 boxer mod ? why go back into a voltage based mod over something with preheat and TC function and a battery charging ?

I'm really seeing people going the the NC/tesla is awesome best device ever
but no explanation
Somehow it feels more reliable. The weight (somehow connected to it's ruggedness) and the simplicity. Still having the overpowered issue though.

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
Somehow it feels more reliable. The weight (somehow connected to it's ruggedness) and the simplicity. Still having the overpowered issue though.

I have serious doubts that the minimum voltage is 2 volts as stated, in constant voltage mode. However, potentiometers are notoriously inaccurate by nature, but they make up for their shortcomings with their reliability. My 2-25 certainly produces more than 2 volts on the minimum dial setting, so I tend to build slightly higher in resistance. That said, I'm more of a parallel user and find the 2-25 to be superb. Battery life is great and the overall form factor, well thought out. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
It looks like they fixed to the potentiometer direction.
My friend and I picked up NC II yesterday.
Turning it CW turned the dial to 100 and raised voltage.

I thought I'd picked up a 2-25 with the only potentiometer that worked the 'right' way round. Mine also gives maximum voltage when turned fully clockwise. Well done JayBo and Wismec to listening to all the customers out there. Tremendous product.

Reactions: Joergl100

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
One thing: The maximum voltage - 6 volts - is adjusted with the dial fully counterclockwise, not clockwise! This is at the NC-II 25mm. I have no 22mm.

That seems to have been fixed in the latest batch - mine is full voltage clockwise. Gave me quite a shock when I put it in constant voltage for the first time and wound it fully clockwise to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Joergl100

Volition

Feb 20, 2017
IMG_1098.JPG
Hi guys

This is my favourite mod this week lol. The only drawback for me was that the dial is/was too hard to turn. Well thanks to one of the guys on the ELR forum today. He worked out you can pry the button off gently with a dental pick, then there is a Philips head plastic dial underneath. You can wind it back and forth a few times. Then snap the button back on and it's great. I also added some grease (special RC stuff for plastics) to the button just a smidge and wiped off the excess. It's bloody awesome how it should have been and it is a very easy fix. Be careful though I'd hate to have a heavy handed klutz blame me for breaking it, but you would have to be pretty heavy.

Overall it's a great mod, I've got a goon with a 0.12 Ω build running amazing and a little hot in parallel mode. Loving it. Flouds for days.

Volition

Feb 20, 2017
@sonicbomb i put some tiny amount grease, on that indented collar bit and around the edge of the collar. Where any plastic to metal touch I'd occuring. I don't think it needs it, but it also can't hurt. Make sure your grease is plastic safe.

I'm know up to my third NC2-25. I just can't get enough. Smallest dual battery semi regulated mod in the business.
WR50OHa.jpg

Bling bling

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Mine does need it, it is completely impossible to turn without using a tool. On the flipside, I like that it's not going to be moved accidentally, I tend to find a power level and then leave it alone. Also I hate disassembling vital components without a really good reason, especially when those parts are made of plastic.

I've only had mine a few hours, but I'm really liking it despite the fact that I poo-poo'd it when this thread was started. Reliable, sturdy, ergonomic, small, efficient, simple, versatile, these are the attributes I'm looking for in a device and so far this device seems to tick those boxes. It may take the place of my NC V1.

Last edited:

Volition

Feb 20, 2017
I can assure you of two things;
1. The dial is press fit, unless you are crazily fist handed. Removing the dial is easy and non-damaging.
2. Once fixed, it is not too lose that you can accidentally rotate it.

However, the loosening in the fix is not provided by the grease. The key is to wind back and forth the plastic Philips head screw. Somehow it just makes the dial perfect.

Turns the NC2 into a beast in my eyes. they are my daily mods. @sonicbomb I thought I'd reassure your concerns Your call obviously but if you have a overly stiff dial. You will not be disappointed in this fix, I've done it to three of them.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I measured the voltage, minimum setting 2.1 volts and maximum on the dial 6.1 volts.
With a 0.6 ohm load in unregulated series I got 7.5 volts at the atomizer with fully charged batteries. Pretty darn good.
The only thing that bothers me slightly is the PWM rattlesnake, but I'm getting used to it.
Well played Wismec/Jaybo.

Reactions: xpen

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
I can assure you of two things;
1. The dial is press fit, unless you are crazily fist handed. Removing the dial is easy and non-damaging.
2. Once fixed, it is not too lose that you can accidentally rotate it.

However, the loosening in the fix is not provided by the grease. The key is to wind back and forth the plastic Philips head screw. Somehow it just makes the dial perfect.

Turns the NC2 into a beast in my eyes. they are my daily mods. @sonicbomb I thought I'd reassure your concerns Your call obviously but if you have a overly stiff dial. You will not be disappointed in this fix, I've done it to three of them.

What tanks do you have on them? I have never been into tanks personally but damn those are sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread