NoLax ???

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by Rippspeed, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippspeed

Rippspeed Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

is this actually never seize ??? What is it and where can I get somemore ??? because if its just never seize I can get a ton of that at work ... If it conductive or something like that then, I need to talk to some of my electrician buddies ...

Can you guys put some light on what NoLax is ????

2. Synthnadz

Synthnadz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. New_World

New_World Super Member ECF Veteran

if you can get some that is similar to it just use the stuff you can get for free.

but honestly, a bottle will last you almost forever so I guess it doesn't matter to much.

4. BrockJ

BrockJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you have electronic buddies, get Silver Conducting Grease.

It's much better than Naolax but cost around $20/oz.

You want it to be conductive, that's the main reason your using it.

5. Rippspeed

so I'm guessing thats for the terminals not on threads. What do you guys use for the threads???

6. bearscreek

bearscreek Super Member ECF Veteran

It's great on threads too.

7. BrockJ

BrockJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

it's really good on the threads.. just the smallest little amount goes a looooong way

8. Jimi Mack

Jimi Mack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I tried this on my Protege and now I am having problems getting the battery cap to thread on correctly. It seems that it is causing it to seize.

9. Rippspeed

I've been using this never seize liquid spray from work on the threads and the slide nice... But I've been using Noalox on the battery post...

10. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Brock, what do you like about the Silver Conducting Grease better than Noalox? I've never heard of it or tried it so just curious. Also, where do you purchase it? Thanks.

11. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Electricians use the Silver conducting Grease for certain wiring fittings it is a conductive Greace to keep things lubricated so no corrosion gets on there fittings and current can easily flow through it without effcting the wiring to my knowledge

12. Vaporologist

Thanks for your help but it sounds very much like Noalox. Are there any major differences or benefits? When using on mods, do you need to clean it and reapply less often? Thanks.

13. bearscreek

The thing about the silver kind is that it may be a bit better, but it costs WAY more, so the Noalox will serve you just fine. I'm not sure what your other question is exactly, but you would apply Noalox every week or 2 after cleaning. I'm sure everyone has their own way of using it. Once you get some on your hands, you'll see that it won't really need to be reapplied all that often if not cleaned off, because it's really think and greasy.

14. Vaporologist

Sorry that my question was not clear enough. I have been using Noalox and am pleased with it. I clean my devices and reapply Noalox once a week. I didn't know if Silver Grease may last longer and wouldn't need to be cleaned or reapplied as often, that's all.

15. bearscreek

Well, I can just say that the silver probably costs more than it's worth for our purposes. A tiny tube is something like $25 from what I can remember. I'm sure Brock can fill you in on the details and all. I'd say the silver is more conductive but maybe not worth the money for us.

16. Rippspeed

I use liquid never seize on the threads and it last for a while but on the battery terminals I use the noalox ...

17. Vaporologist

Great. Thanks a lot

18. outz

outz Full Member ECF Veteran

i had several people at home depot swear to me they've never heard of noalox, they don't carry it... but it's definitely there. mine was in the section with electrical wires, outlets etc.

19. Vaporologist

Same here. And that's exactly where it was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.