Non-smoker wanting to start vaping (without nicotine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
There's a huge difference between an ex-smoker going down to zero nicotine and an admitted non-smoker using an e-cig at zero nic. Those that want to ban e-cigs are looking for stuff like this which shows they're attracting non-smokers.

What is so wrong with attracting non smokers? The vapors taste great and the practice is relaxing. With 0 nicotine the hobby offers all the positive aspects of meditative smoking without many of the health risks. My non smoking wife started vaporizing 0 nic to curve her sweet tooth to great effect. She lost 15 pounds so far vaping 0 nic desert juices. Just as there is gum with and without nicotine there are ejuices with and without. I have no problem with non smokers vaping; in fact there are benefits.

V00D00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Massachusetts
I find things like smoking pipes and cigars without inhaling the smoke quite relaxing. I'm quite interested in vaping for flavor and relaxation.

Everyone needs to stop taking this out of context. From what I gather, he smokes an occasional cigar or pipe. I know many people that do this that do not consider themselves 'smokers'. If he wants to switch to vaping, why not? Its a better alternative than a cigar or pipe tobacco isn't it? Why scold him for making a smart decision? At least there probably won't be a chance for nicotine addiction later on in his life... which there would be with the 'occasional' cigar or pipe. Folks, we all started with the 'occasional' smoke. Look where that got most of us. Most of us here are nicotine addicts and use vaping as a healthier way to cope with that addiction. At least he is being proactive about it and not giving himself the chance to get addicted in the first place. So I say kudos to him. I think its a smart decision.

Reactions: ShannonA

kuklaki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
Georgia
You all got something totally different from the OP then I did. Did everyone miss the part where he said he said he enjoys a pipe or cigar to relax? I took that as him wanting to replace those tobacco products by vaping. I don't understand why all of the negative posts just because he does not use cigarettes-but does use other tobacco products.

Wouldn't his wanting a zero nic e-juice to replace his cigar or pipe smoke be at least a little better? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that vaping is under the microscope right now, and I know that you guys have good intentions, but the treatment of that new member was a little harsh. It seems that just about everyone zero'd in on the part where he said he did not smoke cigarettes, but missed the other part of his post.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Welcome to ECF hope in all the tempest you got your answer. In another addiction I have you have you Purists that if your not a real addict by their definition you don't belong there. If vaping will keep you away from the alternative so be it. I don't recommend it but If your two choices are tobacco or vapor then ok vape. Just keep in mind that it's not like eating candy. I goes in your lungs.
Hope this helps.
Flavors are subjective try to go with as little PG as possible and more VG. Get a good supplier lots of them on here.

Only possible exception would be for someone under 18. No vape.

Last edited:
I think us smokers need to regroup as vapers and fight these smoking nazis with all we've got. As smokers they absolutely destroyed us and we can't let it happen again.

In this case the guy is using as a sub for a pipe or cigar. Probably harmless either way but this could be great. Maybe more people could enjoy the cool flavors of vaping over pipes and cigars and then we have a bigger army of vapers to stand up for our rights. If we lose and let them take away our right to vape a lot of people are going to die. My counter to the whole people are going to start out smoking with e-cigs is if those people didn't vape they would probably pick up a real cig, a cigar, a pipe, or chew or something more harmful than an e-cig anyway.

I think some of the smoking nazis are just mad at e-cigs becuase if it dominates the smoking market they aren't going to have anything to complain about. I think a lot of non smokers/non vaporsare on our side! I work with almost all non smokers and everyone is thrilled that I'm smoking e-cigs instead. Some are absolutely shocked becuase I always smoked and didn't care what people thought about it and never really tried to quit. Now some are like OMG if he stopped anybody could.

sectorz

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
I took up vaping to reduce my cigar use and I enjoy it! I'm an ex analog smoker from 4 years ago who kept on with Cigars on occasion. Now, my clothes don't stink, and neither does my breath. It's silly, perhaps hypocritical for someone who is vaping to tell someone who wants to vape that they shouldn't. Everyone here is an adult and can do their own research, who may have their own reasons to vape or not.

DR. Schwartz

Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Panama City, Panama
Seriously... I read on this forum all day about people who say they vape in the grocery store and how vaping is their right, and now some of us are telling a guy that if he is not vaping nic he should not vape... come on. It is HIS right.

Dude... almost every supplier I have seen offers all of their juices in 0 nic. If they don't list it call and ask, I'm sure they will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread