Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I think the main thing that bothers me about it is the "use" of exactly what you are talking about OP that some who want to see (much) stricter regulations/bans/laws against vaping are getting from this trend, especially, but certainly not limited to, when it comes to teens. Yeah, there I said it, "the children"

What Lures Teens Into Using E-Cigarettes? Flavors And Smoke Tricks : T-Lounge : Tech Times

As much as some here hate hearing that inconsiderate cloud chasing and trick vaping is having an impact on vaping laws and bans, especially at a local level, it's a fact happening daily all across the US.

After seeing discussions/arguments/debates concerning this trend here on ECF I really started to believe this might be more of a generational type issue and also a antz-type issue on how people viewed this trend, but my daughter who is 28, a vaper and a district manager of a large retail clothing chain and my son who is 26, also vapes (but still smokes at times) and the general manager of chain restaurant, proved me wrong on both thoughts.
They and their respective mates came to my home on mother's day and as we were enjoying the afternoon out on my back patio large clouds of "smoke" began blowing across the yard from my neighbors home. Everyone jumped up to see what was happening and it was my neighbor's son vaping and blowing clouds out back their house. We all kinda laughed when we realized nothing was on fire and then my daughter said "that is ridiculous we have vapers all of the time like that blowing huge clouds in the mall, all of the store managers have gotten together to petition the mall owners for a indoor vaping ban" to which my son replied "yeah we were experiencing the same issue and banned vaping inside our restaurant (even though it is not the chain's policy nationally)." both agreed it was mainly the 20's and under crowd they were having these issues with.

I feel most agree the entire teen vaping trend is just not right. I realize an entire sub-culture of vaping has come up in the last few years and honestly to each their own with that, but, I also feel the original intent of vaping, to help smokers stop smoking as a healthier alternative, is in serious jeopardy and things like this and what the OP expressed are not helping matters.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Just because someone vapes does not mean they are a good considerate person. And rowdy drunks and those who drive drunk give the rest a bad image.

True but I do neither so I am a considerate vaping drunk. Cheers mah friend!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I think the main thing that bothers me about it is the "use" of exactly what you are talking about OP that some who want to see (much) stricter regulations/bans/laws against vaping are getting from this trend, especially, but certainly not limited to, when it comes to teens. Yeah, there I said it, "the children"

What Lures Teens Into Using E-Cigarettes? Flavors And Smoke Tricks : T-Lounge : Tech Times

As much as some here hate hearing that inconsiderate cloud chasing and trick vaping is having an impact on vaping laws and bans, especially at a local level, it's a fact happening daily all across the US.

After seeing discussions/arguments/debates concerning this trend here on ECF I really started to believe this might be more of a generational type issue and also a antz-type issue on how people viewed this trend, but my daughter who is 28, a vaper and a district manager of a large retail clothing chain and my son who is 26, also vapes (but still smokes at times) and the general manager of chain restaurant, proved me wrong on both thoughts.
They and their respective mates came to my home on mother's day and as we were enjoying the afternoon out on my back patio large clouds of "smoke" began blowing across the yard from my neighbors home. Everyone jumped up to see what was happening and it was my neighbor's son vaping and blowing clouds out back their house. We all kinda laughed when we realized nothing was on fire and then my daughter said "that is ridiculous we have vapers all of the time like that blowing huge clouds in the mall, all of the store managers have gotten together to petition the mall owners for a indoor vaping ban" to which my son replied "yeah we were experiencing the same issue and banned vaping inside our restaurant (even though it is not the chain's policy nationally)." both agreed it was mainly the 20's and under crowd they were having these issues with.

I feel most agree the entire teen vaping trend is just not right. I realize an entire sub-culture of vaping has come up in the last few years and honestly to each their own with that, but, I also feel the original intent of vaping, to help smokers stop smoking as a healthier alternative, is in serious jeopardy and things like this and what the OP expressed are not helping matters.

Well said.
$2CEAB13792B696ED.gif

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I started vaping as basically a non smoker, yes I had smoked, but usually only here and there, maybe one or two a week, once 5 in a day. In no way was I addicted to smoking- mainly because of the horrid smell and taste. I tried vaping, and now vape WAY more than I ever smoked, because I enjoy it. I feel it has no connection to smoking or that rotten filthy habit, because it isn't smoke, and (at least as far as anyone can tell) I'm not harming myself or anyone around me, so it is just another thing adults can choose to partake in if they so desire- same as cigarettes or alcohol. I doubt I'll ever touch another cigarette, and I choose not to drink alcohol at all- so be it. I enjoy vaping nicotine, but I don't feel that I'm addicted to it, I can go hours or days without vaping and not "need" to. To me, vaping is a hobby, not an addiction.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I've been away from ECF for awhile but due to the influx of new devices, I recently returned (and got a bunch of new vape gear, but that's another story :) ).

Was just browsing the New Members forum and I am very disturbed by the amount of posts being made by people who have never smoked asking for advice on how to "blow clouds", "get into vaping" or even "get a better buzz" from vaping. o_O

Of course, the vast majority of replies in these threads are from knowledgeable and helpful ECF'ers telling these poor, ignorant folks that it's probably a bad idea to start vaping 36mg juice in a sub-ohm device if you've never smoked...and that is great!

I just can't help to think that all these young (I'm assuming) non-smokers taking up vaping and "blowing clouds" can't be good for our cause and I find it quite disturbing.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I currently vape on an SX Mini / Goliath @ .4 ohms and can blow some pretty good clouds, but that's not what it's all about for me...it's about staying off the ciggies.
It's ANTS ammo. The claim being vaping is a gateway to smoking.

Reactions: Cacique

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Excellent post YoursTruli, thanks :thumb:

I've read similar posts a few times now and I think discouraging high power vaping in public places unless it's at a cloud chasing event is the right thing to do. The only way to force people to stop doing it is by banning vaping entirely where smoking is not allowed and anything that helps avoid that scenario is IMO a good thing.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I tell you what. Back in my day, there didn't seem to be as many distractions as what kids have to face now. Sure, there was the occasional one or two at my school who needed to take this or that to get through the day, and there were quite a few smokers in the section where I hung out.

It seems now days, a lot of kids are needing more to take their minds off what is constantly bombarding them, be what it may.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that vaping has shown to be soothing activity, nic or no nic;
    and kids get it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: newvaper92

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2014
    Baker, MT
    I couldn't care less about what they do to their own bodies...I only care about how this will reflect on the vaping community in general. I'm sure you're aware of how the "cloud chasers" are frowned upon whilst blowing giant clouds in public places and how that is bringing the antz down even harder on vaping, right? And how all of these flavors are attracting non-smoking children to vaping? And how nicotine is as addictive as ****** (kids chasing a "buzz")??

Yeah, you're right. I'm way past the "stop smoking" stage and firmly in the "hobbyist/I'm gonna vape forever" stage. :)

I retract my earlier statement.
    Regurgitating the flavor nonsense too? Come on. There's been no indication of any significant increase in non smoking youth taking up vaping. What there has been an indication of is some of the smoking youth taking up vaping, as while the number of kids vaping has increased, the number of kids smoking has decreased (at least according to the "studies").

People do what they want. Who are you to care?

Reactions: Cacique

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 28, 2014
    Springfield,Oregon,USA
    Ok I see it this way RUDE is rude whether vaping or smoking or belching or any other thing that could be considered an uncouth action. And it all depends on where you live if it is illegal for minors to vape. And if you think you have any lasting control over what a teen or older person does you need to think again.;) I would never go to a vaping event because I find it too funny that people want to get together to vape. :lol: I also will not vape anywhere that I could not smoke, I try not to push my habits onto others. It would make me uncomfortable to be next to a cloud making vaper in a small area and I vape.:confused: But I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy past the age of needing to attract attention.:vapor: Please feel free to throw rotten tomatoes :cool:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Ok I see it this way RUDE is rude whether vaping or smoking or belching or any other thing that could be considered an uncouth action. And it all depends on where you live if it is illegal for minors to vape. And if you think you have any lasting control over what a teen or older person does you need to think again.;) I would never go to a vaping event because I find it too funny that people want to get together to vape. :lol: I also will not vape anywhere that I could not smoke, I try not to push my habits onto others. It would make me uncomfortable to be next to a cloud making vaper in a small area and I vape.:confused: But I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy past the age of needing to attract attention.:vapor: Please feel free to throw rotten tomatoes :cool:
    Yep Cloud Blowing competitions seem silly to me. But to each his or her own. As long as they do it in the proper venue and not in my face.

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Miami
    Its funny vapers blaming subohm vapers or "cloud chasers" for regulation.
    Only people who care about subohm vapers are the old tootle puffer crowd with entitlement issues.
    Government cares about money. Not you, not me, not kids vaping, not batteries blowing up, not any of that. If theyre not getting their slice of the pie then theres problems.
    Look at tobacco and alcohol, bad for the health, kids do it, people die from it but its taxed, so its ok.
    If vaping was taxed thered be a b&m in every neighborhood like theres a liquor store in every neighborhood now.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I understand where the OP is coming from. Those that are doing this for no other reason than "to get their buzz on" will in the end lead to bans. Kinda like the ones that found over the counter cold meds could help them "get their buzz on" ended up getting those cold meds, that people actually needed, pulled from the shelves. They didn't care. They just moved on to the next thing.
    Please don't take this wrong, I would much rather a young person take up vaping instead of ending up with a lifetime struggle with cigarettes. Those that are using it just trying to get high are the ones that will, in the end, be very detrimental to the ones that need this wonderful invention and then they will move on to the next thing leaving the bans behind them.

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
    • Deleted by sonicdsl
    • Reason: Please - no mention/discussion of illicit drugs
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread