Non-Smokers .... Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
It's supposedly still a free country. They can do what they want. Who am I to stop them?
By no means do i think anybody should try and stop them, i just think it is completely stupid. Sure its not as dumb as picking up your first smoke. It is more of an opinion not me trying to get any laws passed lol. Just think it is absolutely stupid.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I disagree. Although some are taking on the "entertainment" element of it rather than the nicotine, I'd bet a lot of those who take up vaping would have taken up smoking in the end anyway.

Rather them vape from the beginning and stay off the stinkies completely than start on a tobacco habit.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
So to me it seems completely idiotic for these kids to vape so they can do tricks, kids who have had no desire to smoke a cig ever in their life vaping. How do y'all feel about that?

As long as they are not using nicotine I have no problem with it. I'm still a "kid" since I'm 20 but I started vaping to quit my 2 pad addiction not for "clouds bro." I think most of the kids out there are smart enough to get nicotine free liguid so if they want to look "cool" (and no blowing clouds and smoke rings doesn't make you cool) more power to them. In my opinion cloud competitions and doing tricks is stupid, it's vaping not basketball.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
As long as they don't start "weazin ma juice", doesn't bother me.
If they take the time to educate themselves, I'm all for them not smoking. Education is important, I'd rather not see a clown chasing, mod womper on the news, yes I said " clown chaser"

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
As long as they don't start "weazin ma juice"
I just died right there. :lol:

Vaping is pleasurable, nicotine or not. I used to enjoy smoking hookah once upon a time and have known many non-cigarette-smokers who also enjoyed it. I'd much rather see someone skip cigarettes all together if they have any inclination to ingest nicotine or make smoking-like actions.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Honestly, I have a bigger issue with the younger generation's lack of concern with posting their lives on the internet than I do with them picking up vaping, with or without nicotine. However, I don't make a fuss about it unless it's my child, or it has some direct effect on my life.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Honestly, I have a bigger issue with the younger generation's lack of concern with posting their lives on the internet than I do with them picking up vaping, with or without nicotine. However, I don't make a fuss about it unless it's my child, or it has some direct effect on my life.
Amen

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
All I have to say is that I'm glad the internet wasn't around to record all the stupidity of my youth...

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Once upon a time i would have said live and let vape. Unfortunately it is becoming a bit of an issue with me now when i see youngsters (anyone under 30) blowing clouds in my favourite watering holes. They annoy the sh*t out of me.
In answer to OPs question - it doesn't bother me that non smokers have taken up vaping as long as they don't impact on my life in any way. At all.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Honestly I have no problem with it. As long as they are of age, let them experiment with it. Just like they are going to try alcohol for a while. They need to try new things and are finding theirselves out there in the big world. As long as the take the right safety measure let 'em do their thing.

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Doesn't bother me at all. Clouds, no clouds, nicotine, no nicotine, tricks, whatever. I am just glad they aren't smoking. That to me is a win. Live and let live. Even if it is my own kids. I was smoking by 10, drinking by 14, and lots of other stuff by 16.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    All I have to say is that I'm glad the internet wasn't around to record all the stupidity of my youth...
    ever so thankful of the same!

i have mixed feelings about it...

with the way some of the newer generations are turning out... yes it bugs me, with their lack of consideration and care, their stupidity will affect people who are just vaping to get off smokes. some are waiting for their darwin awards for a variety of reasons.

i am not a cloud chaser and while i find them fun they're not a big deal to me, i can understand why some would take up vaping to do it, i think the comps are silly but get it. as long as they're being safe i have no worries...

problem is, the news and lawmakers notice the first lot, while ignoring the second, hence my mixed feelings.

Reactions: NU_FTW

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    Do I think it's pointless to pick up a habit that is primarily used to quit a worse habit? Yes.

Do I think people who only chuck huge clouds for the sake of chucking huge clouds give the rest of the vaping community a bad image? Absolutely.

Do I have the right to judge someone for a hobby that satisfies them? Not at all.

I may not agree with it, but I'm not gonna try and stop them.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread