Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I put it in the category of things I don't understand. Then I think about it and realize I vaped to quit smoking. I have no desire at all to smoke any more but I continue to vape solely because I like it. It's relatively benign when compared to people who feel the need to try to slide a skateboard down the railing of a flight of concrete stairs and end up racking themselves or giving themselves a concussion. (Has anyone other than Jason Bourne ever needed to do this in adult life? I used to skateboard as a kid but not one as an adult have I wanted to risk like and limb to make it down the stairs quicker) Or like base jumping off a wire tower only to have your chute not open and smack into the ground. Or like trying to ride your $10K motorcycle on one wheel down the freeway when odds are you or parts of you will end up having to be hosed off the road. Maybe some people are just looking for a thrill and think they will find it out there. Maybe others are just bent on proving natural selection at an accelerated rate. Either way, you may think I am not in favor of other people being allowed to do such things but in an epically American selfish way, I know that the more young people doing these things means the less congestion on the freeway for me.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
When did it become OK to decide whether you think what someone you know nothing about is acceptable or not. You are not your brothers keeper, he or she has their own path in life to walk, and the right to decide what they want to do with their time and their body, regardless of how anybody views their actions. This applies to all things, which vaping is just a small part of...

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    When Recreational Vaping became apparent a while back it caught me off guard and I was annoyed because this is like medicine to me and just a fun past time to them. I got over that eventually.

Then I got re-annoyed because they often caught on quickly and did quite well w/o the struggles many of us go through, lol.

Then, I got over that also eventually. Now, I kinda like being a person who gets over stuff.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    No, but many 'Range' shooters take offence with hunters..

images.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    So to me it seems completely idiotic for these kids to vape so they can do tricks, kids who have had no desire to smoke a cig ever in their life vaping. How do y'all feel about that?

Doesn't bother me. They could be into a lot worse and I have much better things to get my panties in a knot about (like getting those **** kids off my lawn!!!)

I'm actually looking for one of them so I can learn some good vape tricks. I have a hard enough time just blowing a vapor ring :cry:

LMS62

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2014
    Mesa, AZ
    I could never understand why so many people care about what others are doing. Whether it's a non-smoker vaping, someone doing vape tricks, vaping at high wattages, etc....if it's not effecting you, why would/should anyone give a damn. It's not just vaping though, it's most things in our society, people are so wrapped up in what others are doing it's almost become a joke. And if someone is doing the same thing as you, but a little differently, when then, god help us all!

As Lessifer alluded to earlier....everybody needs to mind their own freaking business. And if you think something someone does is silly or stupid, so what? Who the hell are you anyway? Live and let live.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2017
    Maldives
    it is our business... when the previously non-smoking youth... are why some regulations are brought in... that damned "think of the children!"(even if they are 18+) cry affects some of us more than others, depending on where you live.

Worst part is shops selling vaping goods to kids as young as 14! [emoji15] oh well, what they want they will do.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: NU_FTW

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    My theory is the fundamental attraction to smoking or vaping is visual,, it really is the clouds bro'. If flavor mattered kids wouldn't start smoking. Nobody is considering nicotine as a new drug to experiment with. If vaping produced no visible vapor kids would still prefer cigarettes. Vaping wins because the clouds are much bigger. One other catagory of never smoking vaper I've noticed is women who take it up to be closer to the man they are interested in. If we are right that nicotine alone is not so addictive the kids' cloud toys will move to the back of the closet the same as their other toys. My last caveat, may be nicotine is medicinal for some people and they will stick with it for that reason. If I had a kid at home who was determined to vape I'd say I pick the device, no nicotine, only at homee, you can't vape more watts than your age and we're going to make a project out of it and learn watts law,, ohm's law, battery safety, coil making, etc.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Worst part is shops selling vaping goods to kids as young as 14! [emoji15] oh well, what they want they will do.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

That's really a different issue. Age verification is now the law of the land. I no more support underage vaping than underage drinking. That's really a parental issue that, as a parent, is my task to see my kids act responsibly for their age.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    it is our business... when the previously non-smoking youth... are why some regulations are brought in... that damned "think of the children!"(even if they are 18+) cry affects some of us more than others, depending on where you live.
    "Think of the children" is the justification, not the reason. The push to regulate vaping out of existence predates any uptick in youth vaping.

It also predates "cloudz" for those who think cloud chasers brought on regulations.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country

No @Cheallaigh, that is not why we have regulations. Not even close.

But it is propaganda that the masses eat up and regurgitate to justify those regulations.
    The government doesnt give a damn about the children.
    Just look at current FDA regs.
    Its about money and controlling the profit stream.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    That's really a different issue. Age verification is now the law of the land. I no more support underage vaping than underage drinking. That's really a parental issue that, as a parent, is my task to see my kids act responsibly for their age.

Underage is a meaningless buzzword.

In California you must be 21 to buy tobacco products or alcohol.

However at 18 you can join the army, shoot automatic weapons, and be tasked with the responsibility of defending our country in WAR,... but not unless you join.
    Otherwise according to law you are not responsible enough to have a glass of wine with a meal, or buy mod.

These laws fatten pockets and control the masses. They rarely protect anyone and were designed as such.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread