Non-smokers vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapinbob

May 13, 2010
Texas
I'm assuming I'm a bit of a rarity here, but I'm a non-smoker picking up vaping. Well to clarify, I smoked for 4 or 5 years, but one morning I woke up coughing like crazy and said, 'screw this!' and quit cold turkey. I'm not letting smoking get in the way of my harmonica playing. That was 5 years ago.

The problem was, I loved everything else about smoking. I loved the hand to mouth, I loved the throat hit, I loved the feeling of a smoke in the middle of a stressful day at the office, and there's something about smoke that seems to fit the blues and jazz atmosphere. (is it just me or do blues bars not feel right without all the smoke?) I wasn't happy about stopping. As soon as I heard about vaping, I knew this was for me.

This afternoon I received a volcano e-cig. I've read a lot about these so I followed a few tips like scraping the foil off the atty. Despite the reviews, this thing had great vape right out of the box. And the flavors are pretty good. A little lighter than I expected but good.

Now I'm laying on the couch listening to some smooth jazz, watching a lighting storm, and vaping from the comfort of my couch. This is what I've been missing.

So that long rambling intro is my way of asking if there are any other non-smokers who have taken up vaping? What was your reason? How do you like it? Or am I the freak of the group?

scoobydoonut

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
I never ever smoked cigs but I liked smoking herbal shisha in hookahs simply for flavor and for the smoke....herbal shisha has no tobacco or nicotine......so a friend of mine turned me onto this which is way less messy and time consuming and I get the same enjoyment .....I vape zero nicotine and just for flavor and smoke ....and the enjoyment of it......but yes we are rare on this forum us non smokers.....I have turned many many smokers onto vapor4life and they are very thankful and I know Ive done some good....

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
I'm assuming I'm a bit of a rarity here, but I'm a non-smoker picking up vaping. Well to clarify, I smoked for 4 or 5 years, but one morning I woke up coughing like crazy and said, 'screw this!' and quit cold turkey. I'm not letting smoking get in the way of my harmonica playing. That was 5 years ago.

The problem was, I loved everything else about smoking. I loved the hand to mouth, I loved the throat hit, I loved the feeling of a smoke in the middle of a stressful day at the office, and there's something about smoke that seems to fit the blues and jazz atmosphere. (is it just me or do blues bars not feel right without all the smoke?) I wasn't happy about stopping. As soon as I heard about vaping, I knew this was for me.

This afternoon I received a volcano e-cig. I've read a lot about these so I followed a few tips like scraping the foil off the atty. Despite the reviews, this thing had great vape right out of the box. And the flavors are pretty good. A little lighter than I expected but good.

Now I'm laying on the couch listening to some smooth jazz, watching a lighting storm, and vaping from the comfort of my couch. This is what I've been missing.

So that long rambling intro is my way of asking if there are any other non-smokers who have taken up vaping? What was your reason? How do you like it? Or am I the freak of the group?

You just explained my life story..! Congrats lol
I have asmatha, i'm working on gettin my paramedic licence and yes i love "smoking" also. I always have. its relaxing for me. I was never into cigs. I've prolly only smoked the equivelent of 3-4 packs my whole life.. I hate the smell of them, it makes my breathing tight. i get headaches from them also. And having done so many hours in the hospital i've seen first hand what smoking does to a person. And when i say first hand i mean i've actually been down in the hospital morgue pulling a body out of the freezer of a person who died an early death due to bad health and cigs were a factor... Talk about an eye opening experience!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
We have a few members who needed the nicotine to try and control various medical conditions - where its been shown nicotine can actually HELP - but most of the people I've seen post are either ex-smokers (like yourself) or in some way 'smoked', but do not use nicotine. So no, youre not a total rarity. Many ex-smokers start up again anyway and have only avoided going back to cigs because they chose a PV instead (and no nic jucies). Lesser of 2 evils I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread