Noob looking for a Ego c-twist starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuru Epok

Aug 29, 2012
Newark, Ohio
I just join the ECF last night but I have been looking at lots of threads trying to figure out where to start. My first e cig was a njoy about 3 to 4 years ago and i did not like the experience. Recently I have been using the throw away e cigs and i want to get a real e cig. I have decided I would start at the twist but I am having a hard time finding a start kit. I have been through about a ten to twelve different store sites and all they seem to have is the Ego-c. I would really appreciate the help.

dkim210

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Bay Area, CA
eGo Twist Starter Kit

This is about the cheapest starter kit I've seen anywhere. It contains 2 Twist batteries plus the rest of the gear. All you will need is ejuice and you will have it made.
Incidently, the free polypro tank is a truly awesome gift. It will make off stinkies a breeze!

Wow, that IS a deal! I bought my twists, tanks, and chargers separately cause I couldn't find a starter kit.

Welcome Zuru! Best of luck! I'm in a few days now, completely cigarette free, and loving my Twist.

Hawkins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
central fl
eGo Twist Starter Kit

This is about the cheapest starter kit I've seen anywhere. It contains 2 Twist batteries plus the rest of the gear. All you will need is ejuice and you will have it made.
Incidently, the free polypro tank is a truly awesome gift. It will make off stinkies a breeze!

Not sure if it matters, but should be noted, the twists in that kit are not genuine joye brand.

edit: Oh yeah, and I just ordered this yesterday from Totally wicked... It only comes with one battery, but its genuine Joye, and includes 10ml of juice as well.

Last edited:

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Just checked with Vicki at Cignot, and she's got great kits in all the colors (look for the Twists options in the drop-down lists) ... check them out. (Vicki's a real sweetheart, too. She'll make sure you're satisfied!) https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

Vicki carries only geneuine Joyetech products. I've gotten all my Twists, eGo-C tanks (type A), atomizers and carts from her and I'm still using all the original Joyetech stuff I got over 3 months ago ... haven't even lost an atty, yet!

Last edited:

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks guys on your input. On the regard for it being not a Joye brand ego, does that mean there is a higher likely hood of it being trash? Also what is the method of changing out flavors. Would I be better at buying multiple Clearomizers. My head is swimming from all the different options and such. This seems more like a hobby.

It is definately a tinkerer's dream hobby. Lots of shiny toys you can buy and play with. However, it can also just be an easy alternative to analogs, it really is your choice.

Go with the ego twist, I wish I had started with one it would have saved me a few hundred dollars.

That kit looks pretty nice, and the price is right. I was also going to point out that it clearly says it's not genuince Joye. Does it matter? I would guess it isn't a big deal, personally. I wouldn't be surprised if the batt's are all made in the same factory in China anyway. If your buying from a reputable site (just do a search here and read about them), my guess is they aren't selling junk. All of these suppliers are making a living by internet word of mouth, mostly here on these forums. If they sell junk they won't last long.

bpthomas85

Aug 30, 2012
tx
I've heard great things about the ego twist and just ordered a battery from liquidxpress with my normal juice order. i would advise against the ego-c atomizer tho. i never really liked the ego tank system. if you havent tried it yet, stick a 306 and drip tip on that ego. youll get much better vapor, flavor and throat hit than from the tank.

p.s. liquidxpress has the 1000mah for 29.99 with a charger but i think you need to buy the cone separately.

Last edited:

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
i would advise against the ego-c atomizer tho. i never really liked the ego tank system.

I've heard this complaint often about the eGo-C tanks, and I'll admit that if you don't treat them right they'll probably be a disappointment. That said, I've had nothing but great luck with them, with outstanding flavor and vapor. The only thing I've got that is better is my GG Penelope, but that's a $120 RBA so I'd expect it to outperform most things! :p

Most important tips I can offer on the eGo-C tanks:

1. When you fill the tanks, don't pop the cap off; use a syringe. (On my four eGo-C tanks, I'm still using the original hard caps!)

2. When you insert the tank into the atomizer housing, hold the housing upside down and insert the tank from the bottom.

3. While inserting the tank, use a slow, firm push with a slow twisting motion. You want the center pin of the atomizer to slip into the tank hole without buggering the edges of the hole. Also, pushing the tank on too fast and too forcibly will create a pressure build-up inside the tank which will result in leaking.

In vaping, as with most other things, if you take care of your tools your tools will take care of you ...

bpthomas85

Aug 30, 2012
tx
I've heard this complaint often about the eGo-C tanks, and I'll admit that if you don't treat them right they'll probably be a disappointment. That said, I've had nothing but great luck with them, with outstanding flavor and vapor. The only thing I've got that is better is my GG Penelope, but that's a $120 RBA so I'd expect it to outperform most things! :p

Most important tips I can offer on the eGo-C tanks:

1. When you fill the tanks, don't pop the cap off; use a syringe. (On my four eGo-C tanks, I'm still using the original hard caps!)

2. When you insert the tank into the atomizer housing, hold the housing upside down and insert the tank from the bottom.

3. While inserting the tank, use a slow, firm push with a slow twisting motion. You want the center pin of the atomizer to slip into the tank hole without buggering the edges of the hole. Also, pushing the tank on too fast and too forcibly will create a pressure build-up inside the tank which will result in leaking.

In vaping, as with most other things, if you take care of your tools your tools will take care of you ...

the problem i had was the draw really. it just didnt fit my vaping style i guess.

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
Not sure if it matters, but should be noted, the twists in that kit are not genuine joye brand.

edit: Oh yeah, and I just ordered this yesterday from Totally wicked... It only comes with one battery, but its genuine Joye, and includes 10ml of juice as well.

I know this is an old threat but I wanted to respond in case someone did a search like I did. Those starter kits from Valley Vapes ARE the genuine joye brand. I bought the kit and have been using it. Just wanted to clarify it for everyone! The tanks that came with it leaked but I think that is a risk with any clearomizers.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I know this is an old threat but I wanted to respond in case someone did a search like I did. Those starter kits from Valley Vapes ARE the genuine joye brand. I bought the kit and have been using it. Just wanted to clarify it for everyone! The tanks that came with it leaked but I think that is a risk with any clearomizers.

that is odd then as the ad itself states clearly this is not a joyetech product.... but SSt makes decent copies so............

PolskaKris

Moved On
Nov 13, 2012
Brampton, ON
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread