Noob wanting to know "Where do I start?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
Welcome on board!

2 x 510, Kgo or Ego battery. Drip tip. 5 x Boge 2 ohm or Smoktec 1,7 ohm cartomizers. juice.

Start up $30 - 40.

That was one of the recommendations I ignored when starting lol Shouldn't have but there out go.

Thanks so much for the info! Question - on the Bogeand the Smoktec 1? what does the ohm stand for? Size? Resistance? I feel dumb. Lol so many new terms.

I will also be taking your posts into consideration. Thanks again.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest a larger kgo kit because the batteries last much longer, also StarDusts, they are very easy to use & don't leak. Getting a few sample sizes of juice is a good way to start, you get a lot of flavours to try, and you don't waist much money on the ones you don't like.

DIY is fun, but I'd wait till you have gotten used to vaping.

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest a larger kgo kit because the batteries last much longer, also StarDusts, they are very easy to use & don't leak. Getting a few sample sizes of juice is a good way to start, you get a lot of flavours to try, and you don't waist much money on the ones you don't like.

DIY is fun, but I'd wait till you have gotten used to vaping.

Which kit do you recommend? I agree with you on the DIY I've decided to steer clear for now. Thanks so much for your reply

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
Been vaping 4 weeks and as a fellow newbie take my advice and start with the KGO or e-power... I have both and don't even use my cig size 510 anymore... Also boge 2 ohm cartomizers are good but the smok tech dctv2 cartomizer rocks!!!! Tropical vapors has a good deal on e-powers... About $46 for the 18650... (Click on new style add two batts and charger and the total is 46) Also good KGO starter kit at elite vaporworks for about $45 and it come with boge cartomizers :) good luck and happy vaping!

Thanks so much for the reply. I will be checking them out.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Now, if you wanna go a little fancy but still easy to use, I'm a little biased here, don't have much to compare it to. I LOVE MY LAVA TUBE! I'm using it with a 7 ml Tank, and also have a few clearomizers to play with. I like the tank because it lasts all day, the battery is a 1650 so it easily survives a whole day of happily vaping. I'm going through 3-4 ml of juice a day during the week, more on the weekends when I'm bored and at home, so I'm refilling my tank every morning if I have to go to work to avoid running out of juice in the middle of the day. Major disaster, should that happen. LOL! LavaTube starter kits run $99, extra batteries $12, I think, and a tank either $12 or 17, depending on size (4 and 7 ml tanks available). Replacement cartomizers for the tank are relatively cheap (around $2/piece) and should last you a few weeks since it never gets dry or burnt as long as you prime it well before the first use. I've had my cartomizer in the tank for 3 weeks now and it's still going strong, but I do have several extra ones, just in case.

Switching flavors with a tank is a little bit of a PIA, the flavor does carry over to the new one, no matter how hard you try to clean it out, but it subsides after the first tank filling. At least that's what I'm noticing. I'm relatively new at this myself, 2 months into vaping, and started with a Greensmoke - BAD idea, batteries didn't last and it got expensive quickly with the cartridges that don't last very long. Good luck on your journey and welcome to ECF!!!!!!!!!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
As others have mentioned, the KGO is a great place to start. Here is what I consider the best deal on it - SLB KGO Starter Kit

As far as VG juices, try Alien Visions, Copper Creek, Virgin Vapor, or Velvet Vapors.

The problem with 100% VG juices is that they are not carto friendly, so you may want to add some distilled water to the juice to thin it out. If that is the case, then order you juices with extra flavor whenever possible so that the added water does not kill the flavor.

289Notch

Apr 14, 2012
Minnesota
I did alot of research on here and after lots of reading I bought my other half her first e cig. She got a smok tech ego starter kit and she is currently very happy with it. It is a fat bat 900mah batteries with smok tech mega(lots of fluid) dual coil low resistance cartomizers. the bigger battery is a must and the cartomizers are very simple. Just pull off the tip and put juice in. No tricky filling.

With that being said which starter kit you buy really depends on what size you want. After a few weeks now she has a really big battery variable voltage on order. Nice thing about that is it takes replaceable rechargeable 3100mah batteries that are fairly cheap for Panasonic on amazon and should hold a charge over 3 times as long as an ego battery.

I wish I had just got the big battery variable voltage mod from the start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread