Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Okay, I think I'm going with a Riva kit which has the 1100 mAh. I ordered an extra batt, cartridges, and some other stuff. Hitting a couple other places for e-juice. I hope its a good choice. Its so hard to decide lol. Now to sit and wait til it comes in.. Thanks for all the help everyone. Youv'e been great!

That's a good choice. I am an avid Riva fan. Out of curiosity, where did you buy it?

Also, if the Riva kit comes with instructions to charge for 8 hours, vape for 20 minutes, then charge another hour....IGNORE! Just pop the battery on the charger, and when the light turns green, take it off and vape away! The batteries usually come with a full charge anyway, so it won't take long to get the green light.

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Okay, I think I'm going with a Riva kit which has the 1100 mAh. I ordered an extra batt, cartridges, and some other stuff. Hitting a couple other places for e-juice. I hope its a good choice. Its so hard to decide lol. Now to sit and wait til it comes in.. Thanks for all the help everyone. Youv'e been great!

Good luck! I doubt that you'll be disappointed. Don't be surprised if you have to muck about a bit until you find the set-up that you're totally happy with.
Cheers!

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
That's a good choice. I am an avid Riva fan. Out of curiosity, where did you buy it?

Also, if the Riva kit comes with instructions to charge for 8 hours, vape for 20 minutes, then charge another hour....IGNORE! Just pop the battery on the charger, and when the light turns green, take it off and vape away! The batteries usually come with a full charge anyway, so it won't take long to get the green light.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered from Northwest Vapors. I didn't find any jump out there bad reviews so thought I would give it a shot. I will put your battery info to good use. Thanks again, I can't wait. lol I am so ready to get off analogs.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered from Northwest Vapors. I didn't find any jump out there bad reviews so thought I would give it a shot. I will put your battery info to good use. Thanks again, I can't wait. lol I am so ready to get off analogs.

I hear ya! You will be amazed at how much your taste buds and smell will improve, for better or worse. :p

Keep in mind that you can smoke cigarettes AND vape at the same time, so don't beat yourself up over wanting a cig and giving in. It takes time. It took me almost 2 months of smoking/vaping before I just did not crave a cigarette anymore and I just never bought another pack. That first morning cigarette was the hardest to give up, but I eventually got there. Good luck, and if you need it, ECF members are here to help at every turn. :D

*EDIT* I just looked up the kit at NWVapors, and you did indeed get a KGO (manufactured by SLB) and not a Riva. I don't know why they call it a "KGO (Riva)." FYI Although the KGO is rated at 3.7V, it actually comes off the charger at around 4.2V, so don't be surprised if the first few hits on a fresh charge are a bit warmer than at the end of the charge cycle. Some juices may even taste burnt. If they do, try pulsing your vape -> Push the button for 2 seconds, release for 1 second, push for 2 seconds, etc......while taking a full toot off your PV.

Last edited:

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
I hear ya! You will be amazed at how much your taste buds and smell will improve, for better or worse. :p

Keep in mind that you can smoke cigarettes AND vape at the same time, so don't beat yourself up over wanting a cig and giving in. It takes time. It took me almost 2 months of smoking/vaping before I just did not crave a cigarette anymore and I just never bought another pack. That first morning cigarette was the hardest to give up, but I eventually got there. Good luck, and if you need it, ECF members are here to help at every turn. :D

*EDIT* I just looked up the kit at NWVapors, and you did indeed get a KGO (manufactured by SLB) and not a Riva. I don't know why they call it a "KGO (Riva)." FYI Although the KGO is rated at 3.7V, it actually comes off the charger at around 4.2V, so don't be surprised if the first few hits on a fresh charge are a bit warmer than at the end of the charge cycle. Some juices may even taste burnt. If they do, try pulsing your vape -> Push the button for 2 seconds, release for 1 second, push for 2 seconds, etc......while taking a full toot off your PV.

Ha! I thought it odd that it listed as Kgo (Riva) but, I am so new to all the names. I will keep your tips in mind while I'm converting. I'm just really so excited to get started. The Njoy is not giving me any JOY at all so I am back and forth now between it and the analogs so, anything will be better. A friend let me try her elite 808 and it was a world of difference from the Njoy. Thanks for everything

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I started with a V2 cigarette look alikes starter kit. I still like it because it is so discrete but the short battery life killed me my first day so I immediately ordered a kgo. I'm on a quest for the easiest most hassle free set up. that will ensure success and minimize chance of failure.
That's the same reason I'm drawn to well designed clearomizers. When they work, they are awesome. It has to 'fit' my ego/kgo-type batteries, so fat tanks are out. I want it to be reasonably discrete, so most (but not all) fat batt mods are out. 3.7v & a 2.0-2.5 ohm clearo are sufficient for my needs.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Thank you so far to everyone who has posted. I will be looking up all your suggestions and hopefully decide on something. Thank you for the "Welcomes" also.

Welcome to the party eleighc !. I just started vaping in February and felt exactly like you do " Where do i begin ?? " A few conversations later on here and I was guided to a very simple 510 kit from Totally wicked for $ 53.99 As the others have said above, your best bet is an EGo / Kgo / Riva kit ( all basically the same ) Looking back I should have picked up one of the kits i just mentioned from the start, but the 510 kit from TW broke me in slow and gave me an understanding for what the basic parts are about. 2 months, umpteen bottles of sample juice, and an EGO-T kit later ( which I really like ) and Im about to hit the ADD TO CART button on my first Vari Volt setup.

Its overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it in no time ! I didnt know any vapers at first so I hung out in the chat rooms and just listened and asked some questions. It was like a vaping crash course !

All that said.... Get and Ego style kit. You'll be glad you did.

wmbuckley

Apr 16, 2012
MD
The funny thing is that I was not trying to quit smoking. I was trying to cut back. But vaping works so well.

The battery life issue is now sorted. Once you get away from pre filed cartomizers the whole system comes down to the juice and filling cartos. Ive ordered various atomizers to see which ones are best for me to try various sample packs of juice. Im sorting through flavors and the ones I like I'm adding to the different various cartos Im also trying.

When I'm done I will have a system that will allow me to vape all day with little recharging and a stockpile of cartos filled with juice I like. All in a small carry case I made that will hold a days worth of supplies with a built in portable battery charger that will charge my 808 and 510's. I'm 10 days in and have spent 347$ but have not smoked a single cig.

Last edited:

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
I started with a V2 cigarette look alikes starter kit. I still like it because it is so discrete but the short battery life killed me my first day so I immediately ordered a kgo. I'm on a quest for the easiest most hassle free set up. that will ensure success and minimize chance of failure.
I don't know how the V2 compares to the Njoy but I know the concept is a great one. The Njoy batt was lasting me all day but I was vaping part time. I DID like the fact that it wasn't as noticeable to everyone around me. My family on the other hand and kept giving me odd looks. Lol But now they are seeing the benifits of me vaping(I am the only smoker in the house) so they are a go with it now. I don't smoke in the house so that leaves me going outside at odd times or going out before everyone at a restraunt so I can catch smoke before heading to next place so they like that I won't be doing that if I start vaping. My plans are to eventually stop smoking and nicotine and feel this is the best route. We shall NOT fail in our converting. :)

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Hello all,

I have only been at this for 3 months now and still remember that feeling of " what do I get next ?? " The small cig style batts didnt last long , was constaly switching from a dead one to a charged one. I kept asking on here about what to get next. All I wanted was something I could take out with me in the morning, vape all day long without fussing and dripping ect...ect..

I purchased a Riva 1100 mah kit with a few of the Vision clear cartomizers. HEAVEN ! i fill up the cart in the morning and im good ALL DAY. so now Im about to hit " ADD TO CART " on a vari volt !.... hahahhaa... it never ends !

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Hello Eleighc... The Riva and the KGo are basically the same thing. The 1100 will get you thru a days worth of vaping most likely. Im on the road a lot and couldnt be bothered with dripping and so on. Get some of the vision clear cartomizers. They are simple as can be to fill and work like a charm... just my 2 cents

Nice that you have some neighborly guidance ! I learn everything here.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
My first mod was a home depot flashlight mod. Cheap and easy. 6v w/ 3 ohm carto. Worked my way down on voltage to my sweet spot. Though everyone is different.

Salty
Please explain Home Depot flashlight mod. Home Depot is my favorite store! Is this something you made yourself? Would love to see pics + details.
Bullette says woof. :•}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread