Norseman’s Review on the Spanner from Vape Mechanic. Have your own Russian Hit Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norseman

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2017
www.instagram.com
bkMus9p.jpg

I received this Mech mod free of charge directly from the manufacturer Vape Mechanic for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

H5chWFw.jpg

I received two Spanner Mech mods, one black with the spanner engravings and one brass without any engravings and I must say that I like how they both look.

nfnyIxs.jpg

Packaging
The mod comes in a tube filled with foam that has a cut out in the middle where the mod itself sits. It only holds the mod, nothing else. Inside the tube however you will find a paper that tells you a bit about the tube along with a picture showing the different parts of the tube. It does also tell you how to safely use the mod and gives you a few precautions. Finally it tells you the serial number your mod has and what I believe is the production date.

qhGVudZ.jpg

The Tube
They are a gorgeous pair of 24mm tubes and the black one has really nice, crisp laser engravings that look really neat. The color does look sturdy but I am basing that on a short usage time; however as of yet I can’t see any chipping or scratches on it.

QYqP4Mt.jpg

It is a hybrid tube with the hybrid connection milled out at the top of the tube and it has the engraving Vape Mechanic sitting there. The machining on these tubes is really good and everything goes together very smoothly. The threading is buttery smooth both on the tube itself and the threads on the switch.

Q5IiiTW.jpg

The switch is different compared to what I have in my other mech mods and it consists of 6 parts. The housing itself with the silver plated button has an elevated contact point, the spring sits on a Delrin part and in that Delrin sits a silver plated contact pin, which makes the contact with the battery.

9liv04f.jpg

The spring loaded part adjusts for battery rattle (I have had no issues with battery rattle whatsoever), and also have full contact with the battery the whole time and in order to get contact so the mod fires - the elevated button contact surface needs to meet the bottom of the contact pin that sits in the spring loaded Delrin. When you look at the picture you will know what I mean.

zFeAtBF.jpg

The thing is that it does work well and I have had no issues with a hot button, despite the low builds I have exposed it to. Another thing I haven’t seen anything of on these mods is arcing, every contact point on them is still like brand new, without any marks of arcing. That to me says that the power is going where it should go - to the coils in the rda, with a minimum of voltage drop. The throw itself is fairly short and nothing to complain about but since i am spoiled with a throw around 1mm or maybe even shorter on one of my mech mods anything else does feel a bit long.

Another thing it has that i like to see on every single tube mod out there is venting holes in case of a battery going crazy and venting in the tube, and on this one it will vent through the switch. Safety first is what matters.
Something this tube doesn’t have is a lock function for the switch, not that it bothers me but i think it needs to be said anyway. I have walked around with the mod in my pocket without having it auto fire on me. The throw is fairly stiff so it takes a fair bit of pressure to make it fire.

F99PCzf.jpg

Assessment
It has been a joy to use these mechanical mods from day one! They have performed flawlessly and the switches have never given me any issues whatsoever. And to top it off they really do hit well! It is hard to describe how hard of a hit you get, but I am not disappointed thus far.

I only had one small gripe with these products and it relates to the painted tube. Apparently the center of the hybrid top is ever so slightly elevated (deliberately) to prevent any scratching of the paint. That means that regardless of what rda I put on it, I had the tiniest gap between the rda and the tube.

After a talk with Vape Mechanic I learned that they have corrected that elevated center and made it flush with the rest of the tube to prevent any gap occurring, and this here shows that they listen to their customers and adapt to make their product even better. That’s customer service for you in a nut shell!

y3VseTd.jpg

Can I recommend it to others?
That is an easy question to answer and I would absolutely recommend anyone to go out there and buy one. The whole appearance says high-end mechanical mod and it is priced between $99 and $119 - well worth the price asked, in my opinion. If anyone asked me if I would go out there and buy one if the ones I own were lost, I could easily see myself doing just that.

To me they are that good!

Pros
Build Quality
Machining
The Hit i get
Looks
Threads
That Vape Mechanic doesn't have the gap between the rda and the tube in their current production line

Cons
I've only got one con and that is the tiny gap between the rda and the tube (but as stated in the pros, this is no longer an issue

Parameters
Length - 88mm
Diameter - 24mm
Weight - 153gr
Material - Brass
Contact group - Copper
Wall thickness - 2.65mm

You can find it here
Vape Mechanic

Before ending this review I want to point out a few things of importance to those new to mech mods and also the seasoned user. Remember to always pay attention to…

Battery safety
Ohms law
With a hybrid connection you must make sure to have a protruding enough 510 pin on the atomizer
Keeping your mech mod clean at all times - the connections, switch, threading and internally
…Oh and did I mention Battery Safety and Ohms Law?

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread