• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

North Texas Brick & Mortar Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelchick

APV Coterie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Kansas City
Hey PixelChick...I would have done the same thing you did. I was going to roll up there sometime to check it out but I think I'll save the trip. Not a big fan of the mall anyway. The only B&M I have experience with is DFW Vapor's Lewisville location. They haven't even been there a year yet and they've already outgrown it. It's packed every time I go in there, which says something about James, the guy that owns it. ....

I was fairly po'd because I drove 130 miles to check out that store....my friend lives in Carrollton so it wasn't a total was of gas, but still.....just sayin'....

Anyway...Wow, talk about serendipity....Yesterday I made a list of vapor stores I want to check out and DFW was first on my list :thumbs: I'll be sure to let James know you referred me!

Have you tried Rawr vapor's juice? I bought a mod from him a few weeks ago and he included a sample of Old Man's Pipe, which turned out to be the bomb-diggity....I've been chasing the perfect analog flavor too, but when I tried this juice I was totally catfished. Rawr also has sampler sets in various flavors, including tobacco, and I believe Old Man's Pipe is included in the tobacco set. That reminds me, I need to order one....:smokie:

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Wow, talk about serendipity....Yesterday I made a list of vapor stores I want to check out and DFW was first on my list :thumbs: I'll be sure to let James know you referred me!

Have you tried Rawr vapor's juice? I bought a mod from him a few weeks ago and he included a sample of Old Man's Pipe, which turned out to be the bomb-diggity....I've been chasing the perfect analog flavor too, but when I tried this juice I was totally catfished. Rawr also has sampler sets in various flavors, including tobacco, and I believe Old Man's Pipe is included in the tobacco set. That reminds me, I need to order one....:smokie:

Cool, yeah check it out, DFW has a huge selection of juices.

I haven't tried RAWR yet. Sounds like their CC processor has been compromised so until all of this CC fraud stuff has stopped I'll have to give them a try! If you're not aware of the credit card fraud that's been going on, there are a few threads in the forum about it and some information on Reddit. Bottom line, Alien Visions, Backwoods Brew and RAWR are three names that have come up repeatedly. It's almost certainly their credit card processing company vs. the businesses themselves.

Turco Chips

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Rowlett, TX (DFW area)
Hello all...long time no post at ECF...been busy with life - my wife passed away at the age 42, 3 days before her B-day this past Sept. Now it's just me and my 2 kids (age 15 and 11). Needless to say, but I don't really have the time to visit here very often...
:( .....anyway....

There are a couple of other shops not listed yet:

In Plano:
Wicked Hot Vapors
901 W. Parker Rd, Ste 115
Plano TX 75023

Rowlett:
The Vapor Bar
8301 Lakeview Pkwy #103,
Rowlett, TX 75088

Meggapuff
4514 Rowlett Road Suite 102
Rowlett, Tx. 75088

Both are less than a mile from my house. I'll pick up stuff at Posh Vapor, but 99 % of the time I go to Good Vapes...they've gotten so busy there though!

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello all...long time no post at ECF...been busy with life - my wife passed away at the age 42, 3 days before her B-day this past Sept. Now it's just me and my 2 kids (age 15 and 11). Needless to say, but I don't really have the time to visit here very often...
:( .....anyway....

There are a couple of other shops not listed yet:

In Plano:
Wicked Hot Vapors
901 W. Parker Rd, Ste 115
Plano TX 75023

Rowlett:
The Vapor Bar
8301 Lakeview Pkwy #103,
Rowlett, TX 75088

Meggapuff
4514 Rowlett Road Suite 102
Rowlett, Tx. 75088

Both are less than a mile from my house. I'll pick up stuff at Posh Vapor, but 99 % of the time I go to Good Vapes...they've gotten so busy there though!

Thanks for the info Turco... I'll get these added to the list.

So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

TxVpLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Farmersville, Texas
Just found a couple of new stores. Lonestar Vapor Shop, Rockwall (haven't been there but going this weekend) and Vapor Stop in Greenville (went there last weekend and I really like them). Please do not confuse the Vapor Stop in Greenville with the Vapor Saloon because I was very very unimpressed with Vapor Saloon (2 cute young ladies behind the counter don't even vape, how is that possible???)

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
I've found listings for several shops in my neck of the woods. On my immediate "to check out list":

Eca-vape1 at Inwood & Maple - gonna head down there today if I can tear myself away from the forums! :laugh:

Vapor Social Club - downtown on Elm, also open Sundays!

Puff N Stuff - a head shop that would seem to have a rather large selection of vape stuff, the one near me is just off Columbia and Fitzhugh but they've also got 3 other locations around DFW. Probably not as good as a proper vape shop? But they're open late 7 days a week if my battery or cart dies before I amass a stock of reserve gear! :p

The Vapor Stop - just off I30 on Ferguson. Their web site looks unimpressive, but they're within biking distance, so I will check them out eventually.

VapeStop - on Pinson Rd in Forney. My weekday commute takes me thru Forney, so I'll be sure to take a slight detour coming home from work within the next couple weeks.

And that's just the shops that I haven't already seen listed in this thread! I also wanna check out Good Vapes and I'd love to check out DFW Vapor if I'm ever out near Lewisville or Frisco.

edit: I have no basis for comparisons yet, but Eca-vape1 seems like a great shop. Very much a mom and pop shop vibe to it. Prices were a little higher than online suppliers but still quite reasonable. Lots of flavors to try. Extremely casual and unintimidating. l.jpg

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
A few more:

DFW Vapor - the original post should be updated to include Frisco's location. Their selection is pretty good, and its certainly growing. Novas, Evods, eVics, VapeOnlys, protank various DCTs such as the new Smok Pyrex ..quite a bit of stuff but not everything (Wish they had stuff like Kanger T3s). Their juice is pretty subpar..I vaped them exclusively for the first few months before branching to online vendors. Out of about 300 flavors, I can count on my hands how many are actually great and only a few I consider making the $14/30ml purchase. Premixed 70pg/30vg. Prices on a lot of hardware and accessories are out the a** though! But their atomizers/replacement heads are priced well.

The Vapor Bar - New location in Frisco. I stopped by for like 15 minutes on my way to work so I can't say much about it. The store felt empty/lacking but they seemed to have limtied types delivery systems..the lady behind the counter didn't know what an Evod was! "you sure its a Kanger product?" Yes, I'm sure. About 50 flavors to choose from, with a giant menu on the wall. Again, flavors are premixed with a 70pg/30vg blend and I didn't have time to sample any of them. They seemed to have all your standard and basic flavors.

Artisan Vapor - Several locations around DFW. Theres one in East Plano and one that just opened up in West Plano and I went to the West Plano one. Very limited selection on clearos/cartos. They had their own proprietary Vivi Novas, had the new Smok Pyrex DCT and thats practically it. No evods, protanks, etc. They currently have about 50 juices and I sampled 6 or 7 of them and they were all great for what they were. It was $18 for a 39ml and decided to get the Orange Creamsicle..it was pretty good and also the favorite of the chick who worked there who was very knowledgeable. They have a proprietary premixed blend of 60pg/40pg and mixed locally and stored/steeped at a warehouse for a few weeks.

I tried Artisan's Mtn Dew and it wasn't terrible..I'm still searching for the best Mtn Dew and I'd rank them in the best order from the 4 I've tried: DFW Vapor, Artisan, Jvapes, MBV. Jvapes and MBV tasted like the same pure crap. DFWV's Mtn Dew was my ADV for months and lots of vapers I run in to vape it as well including behind a coworkers fave.

I will check out Wicked Hot Vapors next..its only like 5 minutes away and just now heard of it for the first time v_v

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The Vapor Stop has a new location at 6855 Greenville Ave in Dallas. It's just south of the Greenville Ave/Park Lane intersection, and they opened just a day or two ago. Parking is fairly limited, but it is OK to park in the Mexican food restaurant next door. For some reason, their name and their website URL are different. Rumor has it that an old friend of mine is running this place, but I haven't seen him in years and I wasn't aware of that when I stopped in. He wasn't there, but they have another location, so that doesn't mean a lot.

The Vapor Stop | Dallas, TX

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
If you were in town for a weekend and only had time to visit 1 or 2 shops... Which ones? Wish I had time to hit them ALL. Its a target rich environment.

I'll be in Denton/Aubrey most of the weekend in October but will be driving through so unless its just really far south I can make a side trip. Mainly want to see LOTS of gear, mod parts and try some house liquids.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
If I could only go to one, it would be Good Vapes. I also like DFW Vapor in Lewisville, and if you're going to be in Denton, that one is more conveniently located.

And I noticed someone above asked about Genesis atty's. Good Vapes carries those, as well as provari's. I think they have the biggest overall selection in the area.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Just a bit northwest of Dallas is a small town called Sachse. They have a sort of vape shop there, in a honky-tonk called The Ranch House. It's more a bar/dancehall than a vape shop, but they are selling lavatubes, various Joytech/Ego products, juice, Kanger Protanks, etc. One of the employees was vaping on a Reo VV woodie. It's a bar in an area where smokers can still smoke, but I think there were more people vaping than smoking last Saturday night. :)

http://www.ranchhousetexas.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread