NOT charging -Kamrytech AK-47 200W tc box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devix

Oct 31, 2016
Hello. I am having problem with charging this 4500mAh build-in battery ( 3 pieces 1500mAh batteries in series -usb charging). I was charging it for more than 10 hours (in manual its said it should be charged in 3 hours with 1.5 A) with my iPad 2 charger which charges at 2.1 Amps and 5.1 Volts The battery still flashes Red. I dont understand why, when I put my clearomizer on the box mod and hit the fire button it says low battery although that battery is full
bFqr7oD.jpg
Edit : As u can see
pkJZy0k.jpg
the battery indicator is a little bit different, mine looks more like an exclamation mark. Isnt it some kind of bad sign?

Devix

Oct 31, 2016
no its not warm at all, cooler than my hands
And there is no screen during charging because i have to take out the battery to charg it. In manual its saud that 0-5 V light off-Start charging
5-12.4 V red light flash-charging
12.5 V Green ligh flash-stop charging

I havent seen the green light yet :/

Yes I have< right now im trying my charger from iphone

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Could also try three additional avenues of inquiry:
Local Vape Shop -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Could be many causes, try reading through:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
That battery needs to be charged by the mod via USB. If there is not a USB port on the device then you would need a lipo pack charger.

Does the mod have a USB port? If so leave the battery in the mod and plug the mod into a power supply.

I am sure this is the case I doubt they would send a device out that required you to purchase a lipo charger.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I see now what you are talking about. It looks like the battery pack has a balance charger inside of it. Use the new cord that came with the device and see if that makes a difference. Bad thing about this being a lipo pack is if one of the cells dropped really low the pack wont charge. You may need to send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread