Not happy with Pioneer4You

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by TripleDigitRide, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TripleDigitRide

TripleDigitRide Full Member

Am I the only who's not happy with Pioneer4You right now? The iPV2 was just released, and I bought one. Next thing I know, the iPV2-S and iPV3 are about to be released already. I love my iPV2, but I'd rather have the 2-S or 3. I'll probably sell my 2 and wait a week or three for the 2-S or 3 to come out.

2. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sure, then you'll be mad you did'nt get the new 1pv4 deluxe super edition.:D I don't know anything about these devices,btw.

3. TripleDigitRide

TripleDigitRide Full Member

:laugh: No doubt.

I fully expect companies to eventually release new/improved/upgraded/updated products, but man, every few weeks? And I thought Apple was bad. :ohmy:

4. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

In the fast growing ecig market I give them somewhat of a benefit of the doubt, but really it's standard business operations it seems. Heck, the major industries hold back technologies for years just to milk everyone for all they can before moving on. Yeah, it's lame.:nah:

5. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

You shouldn't be happy with that device, not because of the next version coming out, but because they sold you a mod that self activates if the touch sensor gets wet or juice on it. What were they thinking? If it were me I would be mad at them, not because of the v3 or v4 coming out before Christmas, but because they carelessly sold me a product that could self fire when slightly wet! If you think that buying the v3 will solve your problems you're wrong. This is China within a month or two after the v3 there will be the v4.

6. crxess

crxess ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Think they will get the cases to close properly and lose some of the Hot Glue?:glare:

7. KODIAK (TM)

KODIAK (TM) Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I don't understand. If anything, you should just blame "nobody" for the bad timing. If the iPV2 was a good value and good buy in your eyes when you bought it, then it still is. It won't burst into flames just because newer versions came out. :)

i.e., nothing has changed.

8. VaPreis

VaPreis Master Lemo-ist Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What is the IPV2-S?

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Mr. Awesome Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Most people deactivate the touch sensor so it's no issue.

It's the IPV2 with an upgradeable chip, and better screws (and the touch sensor is permanently deactivated).

10. JMarca

So I can sell you a house with a minor defect, every time you turn the hot water switch on your hot water heater overheats and has a chance to explode and go through the roof.
    But don't worry, the switch can be deactivated... does that fix the problem? What if someone doesn't know you can deactivate that switch and accidentally gets the switch wet?

Those things should have been recalled a long time ago, no way in hell any US company would get away with a "minor thing" like that here. There's plenty of quality Chinese made stuff, but let's be honest this isn't one of them.

11. TheRac25

TheRac25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

that is not a minor defect, get some perspective

12. JMarca

Neither is an auto firing switch that goes off on it's own when wet. Oh, did I mention it happens to be right next to the 510 connector the spot most likely to get juice on it?

13. bulldog63h

bulldog63h Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't want the house, but if you have a car that will veer sharply off the road if you go over 25 mph unless the radio volume is at 13 and the right side turn signal is on, I'll take it. I like living on the wild side.

14. Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's pretty smart if you ask me...

'Hey! Here's a cool new toy, you should all rush to buy it. Seriously, you will love your life. A month or so later... Oh hey, here's an upgradable version of the toy you just bought, and a totally new toy that's twice as powerful. You should all rush to buy one. Seriously, you will love your life. Don't worry about your old one.'

Albeit, not cool.

15. amurphy

amurphy Full Member

so, if everyone is griping about the ipv, what would be the recommended alternative for a 100 watt device?

16. M3CH M0D M4DN355

M3CH M0D M4DN355 Senior Member

The rate of evolution in the e-cig/vaping market is mind blowing! I thought smart phones and computers were bad but in this market you purchase a newly released item and before you even receive it through the mail the new version is out or something (OK slight exaggeration) :laugh:

it is crazy and frankly I cant keep up!

17. Marc411

Marc411 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've had mine for a little over a month and it works flawlessly. Unlike PB I am not going to lick mine (several times before it did what he wanted) and then say it fires automatically. Mine has gotten wet, had juice on it and it works fine. I do not allow my battery to discharge down to zero either because it's not good for the batteries.

Beyond PB and the folks that have purposely tried to get it to fire I am not seeing a whole lot of complaints about this device. I really like mine and have used it quite a bit without any problems.

18. auxsend

auxsend Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have an IPV2 and I just disabled the touch sensor (it does allow you to disable it). And you're not going to believe this. It's been great!

19. Zealous

Zealous Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yea that's a totally messed up defect & I'm glad to know about it. I wasn't planning to buy this any time soon but I was looking at it & had no idea about that problem. Thanks for mentioning it.

20. cocuZZa00

cocuZZa00 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    That's why you have to get an upgradeable chip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.