not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all. I have recently recieved some 510 XL clearomizers at 2.4-2.6 ohm for my riva 1100 but I must say I am not impressed with them at all. Flavours seem muted and all have a bit of an underlying taste to them plus I get a bit of a burnt atty taste too. What is the problem??? Thanks for any replies.

If possible, and $ allows, grab some XL Low Resistance 1.5 Ohm Dual Coil 510 cartomizers from vaporcaststore. They're $10 for a 5 pack and they are the only cartomizer I've had in 1 year of vaping that actually wick @ 3.7v, and taste only like the juice you put in. Love them and so do many others!

ice

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the reply. How do you get the inner plug out??? I can get out the big one at the top and the thin grooved one below it but I cant see how I would get the white one out. It doesn't look like it comes out to me...

I was watching a video and they seem to use a bent paper clip and sort of fish hook the end and remove the cup. I haven't tried it myself. There are so many clearomizers out it's hard to know if it's the same one people are talking about.

This is the video I watched
CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com - YouTube

j21blackjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2010
Georgia
I picked up some 1.25 ohm Dual Coil XL cartos from Clouds of Vapor last week. Delivered in 3 days. I used to be a die hard CE2 user, but these dual cores are just as good, if not better. I'm fully sold on dual coils after using them for the last week. I vape pretty fast, and haven't had any wicking problems or burnt tastes like I did with CE2's. They were pretty cheap if I remember right for the 5 packs. I need to go order more before they are out of stock!

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Hi all. I have recently recieved some 510 XL clearomizers at 2.4-2.6 ohm for my riva 1100 but I must say I am not impressed with them at all. Flavours seem muted and all have a bit of an underlying taste to them plus I get a bit of a burnt atty taste too. What is the problem??? Thanks for any replies.

Joye 510 carto or Joye 510 tank.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I might take a look at the Joye 510 tank as I could really do with something more convenient than dripping. I think I will probably sitck to dripping for now then look at other options when I get a provari, I need to get saving!!!

Let me bend your ear with with some unsolicited advice :)

Think about what material is the best insulator. Plastic or Metal? I tried the 510 tank. I love it for my thick juice that won't flow through a carto very well. But the metal case of the atty gets very hot--too hot to hold. That means a lot of heat is being lost to the outside air. A plastic carto body will do a better job at keeping the heat where you want it to be. So do try the geniune JOYE 510 plastic carto. Get it in white because the white is transclucent making prefills a lot easier.

HTH,
Dave

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago

Hi, have you tried these on a regular 510 battery? I had the same experience, got a crappy burnt taste and my awesome everday vape's flavor was muted. I was using a 1000mah ego-t battery. I didn't know what the heck was the matter. Just before I gave up on them, I threw it on a 150?mah Joye 510 battery and the taste of my juice camr back and the vapor was huge. I don't know exactly why, but I believe the volts on the bigger batteries are too strong for the 2.4/2.6's, try getting the 2.8's for the bigger batteries. Don't give up on these just yet, it took me ruining TEN of these before I got the hang of them, now this is all I am going to be purchasing from now on.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm still kind of stuck on Boge LR 510 cartos. I filled up an XL clearomizer the other day and the vapor was good, but the taste was muted. I actually like the XL clearos for the ease of filling and the juice capacity.

Using the condom fill method on the Boge 510s really saturates the filler and gives me great taste. I'll always keep some around in spite of what else I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread