Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I will not use them at present myself because of the same information @r055co posted but for me the jury is still out. I am hoping for more information or more study but at worst I will never use the one ceramic coil I have for my Atlantis.

Glad I asked!
Same reason why I won't use Silica Wick.

SS and Kanthal is perfect for my Vaping needs, simple to build, Koh gen Do perfect wicking material and flavor/Vape is perfect.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I won't vape with them, here's a doc from Uwell why they won't make them.

The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils
I gotta call a little BS on uwell here, plus not like they are known for making great coils. we all know of the issues with crown coils
but when i did my review of the cerabis tanks (seen below at the 18:50 mark) I try tearing into the ceramic on the coil with a pair of needle nose pliers and not only did no powder fall off, I couldn't break it. I also boiled and dry burned the coil with no residue breaking or anything

Now not that i believe this 100% either, but here is the side of ceravape who makes the coils i show in the video
Is the Ceramic Wick healthier
Time:2014-11-13 Hits:1399 Compile:admin

Yes, the reasons as below:

1. The Raw material is Ceramic, which is mainly made up of Clay, Quartz and some monoxide, The Oxide structure is pretty stable, there wont any harmful substance when vaping .So as the reason why ceramic applied widely in kitchen ware.

2. Ceravape Ceramic Wick is sintered over 2700℉, the structure is very stable ,there won’t micro powder and particles when you vape.

At present, the common use Glass Fiber Wick has low tenacity and stickiness, which will produce micro powder and particles in the vaping course. And It will make unknown gas ,which is possible harmful for the smokers.

While Cotton is easily burnt and you have to replace it once get burnt.

I've used a few ceramic tanks personally (freemax starre pure which has cotton between the ceramic, and the cerabis 44 and 45 which has no cotton) plus the iron maiden (which IIRC you have as well that has a ceramic cover that goes over your coils)

So for me, I have no issues with ceramic, it gives good flavor but it's a lower watt type of coils. as in under 60 IIRC. for most premade ceramic coils

For notch coils, personally I think they suck, it's either no flavor or burn flavor. never a good inbetween.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I gotta call a little BS on uwell here, plus not like they are known for making great coils. we all know of the issues with crown coils
but when i did my review of the cerabis tanks (seen below at the 18:50 mark) I try tearing into the ceramic on the coil with a pair of needle nose pliers and not only did no powder fall off, I couldn't break it. I also boiled and dry burned the coil with no residue breaking or anything

Now not that i believe this 100% either, but here is the side of ceravape who makes the coils i show in the video

I've used a few ceramic tanks personally (freemax starre pure which has cotton between the ceramic, and the cerabis 44 and 45 which has no cotton) plus the iron maiden (which IIRC you have as well that has a ceramic cover that goes over your coils)

So for me, I have no issues with ceramic, it gives good flavor but it's a lower watt type of coils. as in under 60 IIRC. for most premade ceramic coils

For notch coils, personally I think they suck, it's either no flavor or burn flavor. never a good inbetween.

Thanks so much for the info!

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Nope, Ceramic I won't trust due to the particles and that UWell report lays it out very well. You can barely get wire from China that isn't filthy so there is no way in hell I'm going to trust mass produced ceramic's to Vape on.

As for Ceramic decks/chamber Apples and Oranges. Big difference between a ceramic "coil" and a "deck".

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Nope, Ceramic I won't trust due to the particles and that UWell report lays it out very well. You can barely get wire from China that isn't filthy so there is no way in hell I'm going to trust mass produced ceramic's to Vape on.

As for Ceramic decks/chamber Apples and Oranges. Big difference between a ceramic "coil" and a "deck".
Fair enough, I was just saying we'll u may personally not trust it, I wouldn't personally condemn all ceramic coils based on the report of 1 company who makes crappy coils anyway and has their own best interest to protect. They basically gave this report as a reason their coils don't work as well as ceramics.
If the report came from a better source I'd be interested as in someone who doesn't make coils, an independent 3rd party

Reactions: ChelsB

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Fair enough, I was just saying we'll u may personally not trust it, I wouldn't personally condemn all ceramic coils based on the report of 1 company who makes crappy coils anyway and has their own best interest to protect. They basically gave this report as a reason their coils don't work as well as ceramics.
If the report came from a better source I'd be interested as in someone who doesn't make coils, an independent 3rd party
Crown had a problem with one set of coils which they corrected. I call bull.... to you saying Uwell make crappy coils. They are known for having excellent coils all the way back to the Crown I which BTW is legendary.

The paper is their study of why they won't make them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Crown had a problem with one set of coils which they corrected. I call bull.... to you saying Uwell make crappy coils. They are known for having excellent coils all the way back to the Crown I which BTW is legendary.

The paper is their study of why they won't make them.

I know they've corrected them recent, but both you and i know people with dozens of packs of unused crown coils because most of them were duds and they gave up. plus their TC coils had different metal in the leads.
Even if they are the greatest coil maker out there, I'm sure you can agree that they greatly benefit from "debunking" ceramic coils.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I know they've corrected them recent, but both you and i know people with dozens of packs of unused crown coils because most of them were duds and they gave up. plus their TC coils had different metal in the leads.
Even if they are the greatest coil maker out there, I'm sure you can agree that they greatly benefit from "debunking" ceramic coils.
One set for one Tank Anthony and that was the 0.25 coil for the Crown II which they have corrected.

Hardly justifies saying the entire company makes crappy coils. Especially a company that produced one of the best Tanks ever made.

Also BS to trying to say that they are slanted in their study. They could have easily produced them.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
One set for one Tank Anthony and that was the 0.25 coil for the Crown II which they have corrected.

Hardly justifies saying the entire company makes crappy coils. Especially a company that produced one of the best Tanks ever made.

Also BS to trying to say that they are slanted in their study. They could have easily produced them.

Fair enough for crown, but the study still doesn't work well. small sample size of unknown coils. If you purchased 3 types of crap SS wire and said SS wire all sucked, it wouldn't be fair for the makers of good SS wire. and we both know some wire is much better then others.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Fair enough for crown, but the study still doesn't work well. small sample size of unknown coils. If you purchased 3 types of crap SS wire and said SS wire all sucked, it wouldn't be fair for the makers of good SS wire. and we both know some wire is much better then others.
The information is out there and reading the report it makes perfect sense. One needs to make their own decisions, me I won't use Ceramic Coils due to the concerns backed by logical analysis. That's also why I will not use silica wick, breathing in fiberglass doesn't appeal to me just like the concerns surrounding Ceramic coils or even for that matter Nickle coils.

Couple that with the very well known problems China has with Q/C thus why I also won't use Chinese wire. The vast majority I have used has been filthy, you don't know what else was produced in that factory like lead or what ever.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
The information is out there and reading the report it makes perfect sense. One needs to make their own decisions, me I won't use Ceramic Coils due to the concerns backed by logical analysis. That's also why I will not use silica wick, breathing in fiberglass doesn't appeal to me just like the concerns surrounding Ceramic coils or even for that matter Nickle coils.

Couple that with the very well known problems China has with Q/C thus why I also won't use Chinese wire. The vast majority I have used has been filthy, you don't know what else was produced in that factory like lead or what ever.
I don't disagree with you, I guess my only point was i tried beating the hell out of that one ceramic coil and no power , dust or anything came off and it wouldn't break. I also boiled it and dry burned it without issue and no residue left behind. Their link says to scratch the coil over a black surface to see the powder but the ones I tried haven't left said powder. Just like their is different quality of wire, there is different quality or ceramic.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I think I will have to take the written documentation from an actual study done by a manufacturer with more worth than one persons opinion with no documentation but that is just my personal feelings.
I'm not saying to take my opinion, I'm saying that wiring off ceramic as a whole based on 1 company who doesn't make ceramic coils using 3 unknown coils in a test is a poor example and sample size.

and mind you I'm not even a fan of ceramic tanks. they are ok but generally don't produce the vapor I like to get from my vape. I much prefer using SS wire and cotton bacon myself

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Maybe research the long term effects of heating/cooling on ceramics or possibly do a more extensive testing procedure before offering the results as fact. From what you said your testing was not very exhaustive. You are concerned with people getting hurt but you have not done a scientific study have you?

Reactions: r055co
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread