Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
For any Geekvape fans, gb has the black Avocado 24 on a flash sale for $18. I ordered one for the black mech pro.

The Av 24 was the only tank I used for 6 months, in single coil mode. Excellent flavor, durable, easy to build for.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Apparently lost vape is still using the same cruddy fire button that bit me on my first Therion BF and Bov on her original Therion. Tony mentioned that he had stuck button issues, had done a cleaning with 91% isopropyl alcohol, thought it may have cleared the issue. Sure as could be, he was doing a test puff on the video and his fire button got stuck.

I posted a rant, noted it was not at Tony or the generous giveaway sponsor, that a premium mod line had no right to release three mods in a row (Therion, Therion BF, Drone) with the same faulty firing button problem.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
It isn't a matter of crud build up on these faulty buttons, Mark. It is bad design on them. There is a video or two on how to take the Therion apart, and when you see how the button works you will understand why they fail so easily. The outer button has a small leg on all four corners, the inner button it pushes is small and round. It's easy to see how those little metal legs either slip out of place or even get bent, making it stick inside the housing. Glad to hear you had a rant over there :)

Morning folks!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I figure anyone can have a design whoops. Repeating it is what isn't acceptable. Going from the base Therion to the BF they already had to do some rework, so should have picked up the button fix. The Drone is a truly different form factor, no excuse at all to retain a problem that is known.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Mark, can you post a link to Tony's vid, please? Al is not having any luck with Lost Vape responding to my complaint, or the several others of us who bought Therions from him. He wants to email the link to them to back up his claim that this is not just one or two failed buttons.

He did tell me today to bring mine back to him and he'll replace it :banana:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Mark, can you post a link to Tony's vid, please? Al is not having any luck with Lost Vape responding to my complaint, or the several others of us who bought Therions from him. He wants to email the link to them to back up his claim that this is not just one or two failed buttons.

He did tell me today to bring mine back to him and he'll replace it :banana:

At 10:00 he talks about it having stuck and trying cleaning with isopropyl. At 15:40, on the video, his button stuck on. In his case he could get it to stop, by pressing it again. Mine was a hard fault, button would tend too really stuck (remove the battery to not torch the RDA coil).

It seems pretty well known in the world at large: therion fire button stuck - Google Search

Multiple vape forums showing complaints, YouTube videos. Lost Vape can't reasonably say they have no idea there's a design issue.

In my case it was a day 1 fault, I went right back to FastTech, and used their ecf rep, to get it replaced.

For comparison, my SDNA DNA75 has never had a firing issue - they use a small round fire button [emoji5]. The SDNA gets really harsh use, when I'm doing woodwork, or in bad weather, etc. The Therion gets gentle treatment, only used in a nice office environment.

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Dang!!!!! I would love to have a drone....Complications tho...........

After mucho research/testing electrics/driving all over the State collecting parts.tearing the whole top off the Cub's engine.....She's charging again...Put the golf course finish on Mom's yard just before dark.....Whew!!!!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Given Bov, I, and Tony have had problems with the three versions of LV product using that square button, it's an iffy proposition.

I'll be happy with my $30 Mech Pro and new Avocado tank. That Mech is built like a brick (& weighs about as much as one [emoji5]), should stand up to hard use.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
That button is a design flaw....Ray Charles could see that...I guess it's protected but still dangerous IMO

Bov you may not have had doubts but I surely did....I had a basic grasp of small engine charging systems last week....This week I'm a full blown expert....more likely a know it all....Dang sure glad it's fixed that's for certain...Now for my next trick

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Suhweet Jesus!!!
I just opened my front door, spun around to see if my next door neighbor had her front door open (she didn't) and low and behold, that WONDERFUL AROMA was coming from my very own mailbox!!!! <3

Mark, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to find those surprises from you waiting in my mailbox. Thank you so much!!! Your generosity amazes me!
Now off to have a cuppa! :)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I had already tried the 91% alcohol trick...I think every retired Buzz owner knows that one!! It wasn't until I watched the tear apart video that I understood the button design flaw. Other than that, it has been one of my all time favorite mods. And I laughed at the Ray Charles crack too ;)

Dee, I had no doubt in your abilities because I knew you would research what you didn't already know, and combine that with your vast knowledge of big engine mechanics.

Haha, Tracy! We have a new, young fella as our mail man, and he mentioned how good my mail smelled the last time Mark sent coffee :)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
9pm and I just downed 20 ozs of coffee...No problem sleeping here!! Well....it'll be at least 3am so I guess it will be worn off by then....

Hot tip of the day....Never trust USPS tracking....Said delivered at 1:28 yesterday....More like 1:29 today....hell yeah I was out there at 3am checking the box to make sure....

The discontinued HD Ace of Spades belt buckle is back in production....I saw a couple at 48 and won mine on the bid at 31....Got a padded envelope with a note saying the shipper had found damage on my buckle prior to shipping...Was listed as used....I looked it over under magnification and GOOD!! Shipper said they were gonna have a new one drop shipped....I'm not buying the damaged story....With all that it still got here lickity split and I'm good either way....

May 3 I got a job that will take at least 2 weeks....I decided not to rush the timing belt on the Tacoma and just get all my other ducks in some kinda row prior....I wanna get a new fishing rod and have never been in the Bass Pro built nearby 2 years back....They feed the fish in the giant aquarium Tuesday at 6pm....I'm gonna be there...I was once pretty heavy into aquariums...not so much anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread