Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Treated framing lumber will have a plastic tag stapled on the end...If it's ground contact it will be clearly stated...As long as the wood is dry and out of the sun it should be good to go...Most treated around here is still dripping chemicals in the store....store it in the sun for a day and it warps like the devil...If I know I'm gonna be using treated I get it as far in advance as possible....lay enough short pieces of wood to evenly support the length and stack it against the wall in the shop...

I knew when I got the Tacoma it had a leaking cam seal on the driver's side....the seals are on the rear of the heads....couple inches space between the firewall/seal....Mirror and great feel required I got them in two days ago....Found yesterday the valve covers were also weeping so now I've got the whole top off the engine...a kazillion hoses/wires and the upper and middle intake plenums....Got new valve cover gaskets/spark plugs and wires going in tomorrow...As usual I'm crossing the Ts and dotting the Is....

I've been going straight to the source when looking at Crown 3s....MyUwell.com....I looked at Orgin and dna .... none had coils....I'm gonna make the order with uwell whenever the rush subsides....Made the trip to the Bass Pro and got my new rod and reel...Spooled with new to me braided line....Last night I learned how to tie an FG knot that attaches @3feet of invisible flourocarbon line to the braid....Now if I could only give it all a whirl....When I do at least my ding dang valve covers won't be leaking.......

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Thank you Bov! (About the girls :)) They never cease to amaze me. Kind of like "I did that?!??" Lol people give ME lots of credit, but aside from a few gray hairs, they're pretty great kids, and the choices they've made are ALL their own.

The crown 3s have arrived but no time to take them for a spin until the weekend. Will report back my thoughts. :)

Saw that engine post on fb ElDee. I don't know how you do it!!! (But I know you will) :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Congrats on having the Therion back, Bov!

I reset the magnet on my Therion bf body 2 days ago. Epoxy hadn't worked well.

This time I scratched up the body side of the magnet and used loktite plastic bonding system, a 2-part adhesive (activator + the glue) that was mentioned by a magnet specialty company. Hopefully it'll be a permanent fix [emoji5]

(Even when the body magnet is loose, comes out when I take off the door, the door fit itself is solid, stays on nicely. This is a nit rather than a performance item.)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Fingers crossed....I use Loc-Tite all the time....not the glue though....Should be a good product....

Here's hoping the Therion button works like it should for a long, long time.....

Got the Tacoma out of the shop with a pain in the azz valve cover job complete...So far it looks nice and leak free...Gonna get it back in for the timing belt in @ 2 weeks....Then it should be good to go mechanically...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Dee, I know you're glad to be almost finished with the Taco on the mechanical side.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Crown III, Tracy. I haven't ventured into the rdtas, I'm just too lazy to build :blush:

Got the sonotube forms dug in and concrete footers poured this morning for the deck. Hopefully this time next weekend, we'll have deck and pergola built and ready to stain.

deck footings.jpg

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Dee, I know you're glad to be almost finished with the Taco on the mechanical side.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Crown III, Tracy. I haven't ventured into the rdtas, I'm just too lazy to build :blush:

Got the sonotube forms dug in and concrete footers poured this morning for the deck. Hopefully this time next weekend, we'll have deck and pergola built and ready to stain.

View attachment 653227

I meant to tell you that I absolutely love that you're doing this for Katie Bov!!! <3 you ROCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread