Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hubs saw spine dr today. I liked the dr. Male,40ish,with a sense of humor and not surgery happy.
    He had the pics of the actual MRI and hubs spine is in bad shape. Bulging discs on all levels of the spine with the bottom levels being the worse. Also degenerative disk (bone) disease,spinal stenosis moderate to severe bilateral foraminal stenosis and advanced arthritis. Pinched nerves are causing the pain he gets down his legs. Dr, has 4 options with surgery in last place. 1st option is chiropractor,acupuncture,therapy etc etc. Option 2 is try to treat the inflammation. Since hubs has been seeing a chiropractor for years he's moving to option 2 which is 600ml of ibuprofen 3 times a day. Hubs had to ok that with his own dr first. 2 weeks only and he has to call and let spine dr if it helps or not. Option 3 is a steroid shot.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    I hate to hear all the bad parts, but glad to hear the spine Dr sees surgery as a last resort. The biggest concern with the ibuprofen is it's blood thinning properties, and the possibility of stomach/upper GI bleeding. I know you already know all this, but it is a very good anti inflammatory. My script is 800mg twice a day, but I only take it as needed since my 2 ER visits for bleeding. I so hope Hubs can get some relief without surgery! Much love to you both, Fran :wub:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Quick flyby, a busy week. A contractor was supposed to do some jacking of both buildings at camp, plus a window install. One building is fine, the other they only did half of the agreed work (suspect their boss hadn't given clean direction), this was the easier building to do.

On the window they installed it, but it doesn't look like they did any flashing or caulking, a huge no no given the rain and snow we get.

The price for the work is non trivial, and they get a lot of business from BIL who owns a gorgeous seasonal house on Skaneateles Lake (projects at his house are featured on the contractor's site).

I hope/expect the contractor will make good - he has a good reputation, messing up on a relatively simple job would get around.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Fran I hope your Hubs finds some relief soon......

Also hope the contractor make the job good Mark.....Sounds like they left out some crucial steps...I'd be holding that check myself......

It's hot and wet around these parts...More rain and flooding predicted for the weekend...Pretty sure the weekend storms are gonna be generated by Tropical Storm Cindy.....Should be OK unless tornadoes start popping up....Dang storm came in somewhere in Louisiana and it's gonna take a turn and end up going out through Virginia....Oh well.....Everything else is going somewhat smooth so I'll take it and move on....slowly move on...To dang hot to get excited.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread