Nothing About Us. Without Us. (Title Edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 9th

Wednesdays News at a glance:

Surreal Stuff In The Lords – E-cigarette ban wins support – vaping – is the jury still out? – Stop saying it’s not an e-cigarette ban – Does a tobacco-free world need to be nicotine free? – Half of North-East smokers used e-cigarettes – Vapers, ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated? – Campaigns and counter campaigns – Belgian vapers mobilize against the Royal decree – Health Effects and Demographics of Electronic Cigarette Users. – WHO Urges All Countries To Ban Smoking – Taxation: Electronic Cigarettes – E-cigarette ban monstrous – vaping ban defeated in Ansonia – Tobacco Harm Reduction Update – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Wednesday, 9 March 2016
RI-16-768x438.jpg

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
From the Half of North-East smokers used e-cigarettes article...

A recent poll of smokers and vapers in the North-East for No Smoking Day showed that 72 per cent of all e-cigarette users have now given up smoking completely.

THAT is just astounding!

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 10th

Thursdays News at a glance:

A Day In The Strife Of Wales – When horror pictures top-trump evidence: a lose-lose situation – Applying the Precautionary Principle – Bristol mobilizes to convert smokers to vaping – Big Pharma Scrambles As E-Cigs Become Most Popular Way To Quit – Vapour Trails TV – Survey Shows Doctors Are Split On E-Cig Benefits – Selling e-cigarettes remains illegal – FDA Reveals First Wave of E-Cig, Tobacco Study – California’s Tobacco Tax Initiative Can’t Justify A Tax On Vaping – California’s War on Vape – E-cigarette industry leaders meet with Brown administration – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Thursday, 10 March 2016
Brown-Bag-66-768x479.jpg

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
In the News March 10th

California’s War on Vape – Thursday, 10 March 2016

"He lost his rhetorical point, and e-cigs were added to the list of banned devices on flights. Shortly thereafter, the e-cig vote appeared: Signs boldly proclaiming "I Vape I Vote" appeared at Donald Trump rallies in Texas. A few weeks later, on Feb. 24, Hunter became the first House member to endorse Trump."

Pretty sure Hunter was actually the second House member to endorse Trump, but both endorsements were the very same day. Still think he would be a great VP choice! For anyone not just Trump. Not that a Dem would pick him but still...

Reactions: Jessica99

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Jessica, maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get the Wed March 9th page to show any links to the Wednesday articles.

You do fabulous work, keeping "In the News" going! Thanks so much many times over, for all your hard work. You're a treasure! :)
Thank you very much Lara :) Your likes are very much appreciated too :)
I'm sorry that Wednesday didn't work - that's odd, it does work for me. I wanted to replace the link anyway, but it wouldn't let me - I'll put a fresh one in here instead: In the News March 9th

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 11th

Fridays News at a glance:

Sacrificial Lambs – Round and round we go – When is smoking socially unacceptable? – Mixed reaction to proposed e-cigarette ban – The Ecig less dangerous than smoking – Metals: Do we have to be wary with ecigs aerosols? – Electronic Cigarette Age Restrictions May Drive Teens to Traditional Cigarettes – CVS to Spend $50 Million on Antismoking Program – New SubOhm Vaper Danger – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Friday, 11 March 2016
Brown-Bag-67-768x493.jpg

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
"He lost his rhetorical point, and e-cigs were added to the list of banned devices on flights. Shortly thereafter, the e-cig vote appeared: Signs boldly proclaiming "I Vape I Vote" appeared at Donald Trump rallies in Texas. A few weeks later, on Feb. 24, Hunter became the first House member to endorse Trump."

Pretty sure Hunter was actually the second House member to endorse Trump, but both endorsements were the very same day. Still think he would be a great VP choice! For anyone not just Trump. Not that a Dem would pick him but still...
Trump disgusts me.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 14th

Mondays News at a glance:

Brexit: utopia, dystopia or PONCE? – Hong Kong Ecig Broadside – Vaping creates a boost for Scotland’s high streets – Sleeping with the enemy (or as I prefer – you’ve got to be in it to win it) – Harm reduction, State, and Utopia – The views of under-18s to e-cigarettes – Stunning Reversal – Ontario Pulls Trigger On Anti Vaping Regulations – Why are Some Massachusetts Health Boards Willing to Protect Youth Smoking? – Will New State Law Kill California’s Vape Industry? – Restricting how vape shops operate – Why are people so illogical about vaping? – Scientific Research on Vaping – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Monday, 14 March
RI-17.jpg

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News 15th March

Tuesdays News at a glance:

See How They Run – Huff & Puff – Open letter to Pembrokeshire County Council – Huffing and puffing – Dr. Margaret Cuomo: Credibility. Hoax Alert! – Physician in Huffington Post Video Declares that Smoking is No More Harmful than Vaping – EU: Towards a tax increase on vaping products – EU TPD: All member states might not be ready – No cell stress from Vype vapor – California anti-nicotine package vaporizes common sense – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Tuesday, 15 March 2016
Devices-50-768x512.jpg

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
In the News 15th March

Tuesdays News at a glance
Huffing and puffing

First comment: I do not know who nisakiman is but I like the way they think!
"Desperation is setting in, and the bottom of the barrel is being scraped clean – in fact they're scraping so hard I fully expect them to end up going right through it to the empty void beyond.

E-cigs have really sent them into a tizzy; all their carefully crafted lies are in danger of being exposed, and the harder they spin the more credibility they lose. It's really quite entertaining to watch. I'm rather hopeful that the advent of e-cigs will ultimately result in the discreditation and demise of the whole sorry shower that make up Tobacco Control. I sincerely hope it is a complete and humiliating rout. They deserve everything that's coming to them. And some."

Hope I did not exceed fair use? But I just had to quote that much! And yes there is more...

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 16th
Welcome-to-Wales-02.jpg

There’s Only One Person To Blame, Drakeford – Welsh Government Vaping Ban FAILS At Last Hurdle! – Harmonised classification – Toward Automated E-cigarette Surveillance: Spotting E-cigarette Proponents on Twitter – Ontario’s vaping policy: Did smoke get in their eyes? – Association of Youth E-Cigarette Bans – Tobacco tax affects state revenue – Anti-smoking bills treat everyone as kids – Experts Come Out Of The Woodwork – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 17th

Harmful and negligent to ignore unintended consequences of e-cigarette policies – Welsh Government Vaping Ban FAILS At The Eleventh Hour – Vapers just wanna have fun – Ending on a high – A Triumph For Repulsive Anti-Social Snobbery – The Hungarian ecig – Vapour Trails TV – Adam Tredwell: Let smokers quit their own way – Public Health Bill defeated in the Welsh Assembly – An old letter to the editor about Glantz’s ad hominems – Buttout Ontario! Vaping saves lives – Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? – How much nicotine kills a human? – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Thursday, 17 March 2016
Devices-51-768x512.jpg

Reactions: LaraC

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 18th

Fridays News at a glance:

Vaping bans – asking the wrong question – The Day After Tomorrow – Another TPD Implementation – Introducing your new ECITA – Finnish TPD implementation draft was updated – E-cigarettes are less harmful than smoking – Should we switch from tobacco to e-cigarettes? – E-cig study at the University of East Anglia – A change that seems to be aimed at vaping bans – WA smokers denied the most useful aid to quit – Zeller’s Balancing Act – E-Cigarette Bill Creates Mandated Monopoly – Vaping: Survival of the Indies – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Friday, 18 March 2016
Devices-52-768x512.jpg

Reactions: bigdancehawk

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 21st

Mondays News at a glance:

Why I Love E-Cigs #497 – Tobacco21: Raising the Bar. Again – The Death of Public Health – Convenience and competition are key for emerging products – Open letter to Pembrokeshire County Council: Response – Propylene glycol classified as toxic? There’s no scientific proof for that! – Fiscal health before public health? – HuffPo Scrambles To Fix E-Cig Story Amid Torrent Of Criticism – Second e-cig study finds raising age limit may have backfire effect – Academics Devise Surveillance System – Are Anti-Vaping Zealots Breaking The Law? – Consumers and businesses should set vaping rules – Vape shops to cough up fee to protect youth – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Monday, 21 March 2016
Devices-53-768x512.jpg

Reactions: nicnik

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 22nd
Tuesdays News at a glance:

‘Public Health’ Fascism: A Glossary – Vapers: Ten Things to Remember When Meeting a Legislator – An excellent indictment of public health paternalism – The war on nicotine: Why we shouldn’t be so quick to ban vaping – An uncertain future for vaping – Ecigs.Our right not to smoke Tobacco – New method measures nicotine delivery from e-cigarettes – Vaping supporters rally against new state law – Read This Before Investing In E-Cigarettes – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Tuesday, 22 March 2016
RI-18-768x438.jpg

Reactions: LaraC

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 23rd

Barking mad – Freak Show…Happy to Oblige – The Man Behind The Finding That Vaping is 95% Safer Than Smoking – Public Health Malpractice? – A threat for European vapers – Why e-cigarettes have an image problem – States Planning To Hit Vapers With E-Cigarette Taxes – Vapor Products and Tax Policy – Taxes Discourage Smokers from Switching to E-Cigarettes – Clinical Trials and Errors Blur Consumer Tobacco Preferences – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Wednesday, 23 March 2016
Devices-54.jpg

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News March 24th

The implementation of the EU TPD may be stricter than required – Wiley & Sons puts emphasis on ecig study – Some thoughts on morality, disease and addiction – Celebrity Doctor Margaret Cuomo Insists On Misleading Smokers About Vaping Hazards – Professional disruption in health regulation: electronic cigarettes in the European Union – New method measures nicotine delivery – Tobacco Harm Reduction Update – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest – Thursday, 24 March 2016
Formal-Casual.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread