Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Did you guys change this deliberately or did something go wrong by accident perhaps?

I'm talking about that part of the menu bar on top right of the screen, where it used to say our forum handle, inbox and alerts.

Now I only see my forum name and have to click that to get to the alerts and from there on I have to open the alert page before I can see my actual alerts. Super annoying, the old system worked much better and was a lot more user friendly imo. I hope you guys will consider changing it back.

Reactions: ENAUD

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
It doesn't matter if I put it on full screen or make the window smaller, the problem remains.

But you're saying the problem is on my end, you guys didn't change anything?

I did just update firefox the other day, maybe that caused it then.

Sorry to bother you with this, I thought there was an actual issue with the website.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Nope, we didn't change anything in that aspect. I'd start of with clearing the cache and cookies, then if that didn't fix things, start looking at addons that may affect how scripts are run.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to look in to that this afternoon, but it's all back to normal again all of a sudden thankfully. When I checked in earlier this morning it was still messed up like yesterday so not sure what happened.

The only thing I did before I logged off this morning was reset the zoom back to normal on my browser and then zoomed in 3 times again like I had it set to for this website before, but at that time it didn't change anything. Just when I came back later today it was fixed somehow.

I'm seeing the same thing. It started this morning.

Do you use Firefox version 49.01 as well perhaps?

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to look in to that this afternoon, but it's all back to normal again all of a sudden thankfully. When I checked in earlier this morning it was still messed up like yesterday so not sure what happened.

The only thing I did before I logged off this morning was reset the zoom back to normal on my browser and then zoomed in 3 times again like I had it set to for this website before, but at that time it didn't change anything. Just when I came back later today it was fixed somehow.

Do you use Firefox version 49.01 as well perhaps?
Thanks for the tip, I reduced the zoom from 125 to 100 and it's fixed. I'm on Win 7 with Avast browsing with Google chrome. I have lots of issues with this machine, it crashed about six months ago after upgrading to win 10.

Edit, the tab only works at the 100% setting, going back to 125% the lightning bolt is gone and the dropdown does not work.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So this is really confusing me. The notification dropdown is active at 110% screen size, it goes away at 125% screen, and it works at 150% screen size :confused:o_O

It had worked perfectly well ever since the transition to the new forum software, and the day this thread started it quit working for me at that 125% setting, which is my preferred size to view the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread