Novus Twigs: a non-digital alternative to ciggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsuhashi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
an island
I just received my free samples kit and wondered what other people's opinions of them might be.

If you haven't yet heard of it, it's another alternative cigarette product which looks and weighs pretty much the same as a cigarette, but it has no batteries, no nicotine, no tobacco, and doesn't require you to light up. Their "botanical formula" is meant to trigger some of the same pleasure centers in the brain the way nicotine does when you take a drag.

It's definitely different from ciggies and e-cigs. I found I had to just suck with my lungs to get any effect. No vapor to hold in your mouth or anything like that, as there is no vapor production. There is a small bit of throat hit, as true to their advertising, the air flow seemed to cause their formula to get cool and in turn cool the air you inhale (but it's not the tingly type of throat hit from nic). If you're curious, they're giving away 4 free samples (one of each flavor) to 5000 people, and you just pay for shipping.

I could see how someone who requires no nicotine or vapor, just the hand-to-mouth and a little bit of throat hit, could get into it with a little effort. Don't think it's for me, though, as there's no fun without vapor.

Anyone else tried these? Any thoughts?

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Wow, ya mean I can put some VapoRub in a straw and sell 'em on da web?
highfive.gif

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Why can't they sell it to teenagers? Explain this to me, is it illegal to sell everything to teenagers? Even products that there is no law stating that they can't do so?

Just wondering.....

I am against selling anything to teenagers . .or even talking to them or looking at them. In fact, I think they should all be sent to an island somewhere until they are 21 so they don't bother us. Just kidding . .sort of.

mitsuhashi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
an island
I am against selling anything to teenagers . .or even talking to them or looking at them. In fact, I think they should all be sent to an island somewhere until they are 21 so they don't bother us. Just kidding . .sort of.

Hey.... We don't want em either. =p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2. Only took 10 minutes to type the post.

mitsuhashi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
an island
Heh, I have an update. My first post was after trying the Lemon flavor.
Tried the Smooth, and it's really funny, in a better way. There's some good tingling on the tongue, not a lot on the throat lol.

Tongue hit? Is that gonna be a new thing?

I think the second time felt far less weird, because I expected no vapor to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread