Now Fortified with Vitamin C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Here's an idea...
How about adding some vitamins to the e-liquid?

We need to start taking the offensive against the anti-smoking/anti-vaping lobbyists.
Non-smokers don't get the difference between smoking and vaping and the lobbyists are using it to their advantage. Its really difficult trying to explain the benefits of vaping over smoking because we are always talking about what vaping doesn't have vs. analogs. (No tar, No carcinogens, etc.)

Now if we could say we were vaping our vitamin fortified e-liquid, it might be a different story!

Hey...They already make liquid vitamins.
If you can drink it, you can vape it!

Think of the advantages in advertising...NOW FORTIFIED WITH VITAMIN C!
It might make the ridiculously uninformed reporters to take pause and actually do their own research about the benefits of vaping vs. smoking! All they are doing now is buying into the FDA and anti-smoking/anti-vaping propaganda.

Everyone could then relate to the difference between smoking and vaping!
"Hey...Those things have vitamins!"

Your thoughts?

lariders

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
MI
Yes and no. It would be great to get some vitamin C. I don’t think it ever hurts. I think I did hear of a place that is putting it in the liquid. I can also get my kid a drink that says 100% C. Does that make it good for him, not really. It is still full of sugar, calories, artificial everything and so on. It would sound and look better though.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
I think we should be very selective about what we put into our lungs especially after years of analog abuse. The stomach functions differently, has acid to dissolve food, drinks, etc. I am thinking that even though it would be a vit in vapor, not sure the lungs would appreciate something as acidic as vit c. I don't know that all vitamins would be an issue but we do know ascorbic acid can destroy tooth enamel and our lungs are not that tough.
But, it might even make for a good throat hit instead of nic, lol. Just thinking here!
Judy

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Judy and Shery,

Do you really know what is in the nic juice you use now?
I know... I know...Nicotine, PG, VG and flavorings. Pure and simple!
Ladies, just what are the flavorings made from?
Are they all natural like poison ivy or poison oak?
Or are they chemicals?
Have the essential oils been manufactured using the distillation process or have they been chemically stripped from the leaves and plants?
I'm just sayin...We don't really know what is really in our nic juice.
We all eat at McDonald's and there are tons of chemicals in their food.
There are 9 different chemicals in their oatmeal!
We all still buy it and eat it.
I'm talking vitamins, and you really have a problem with that, and not the nicotine which is commonly used as an insecticide!
I thought vitamins might actually help improve our health and make vaping more understandable to our friends and neighbors.
I know...I know...
We should keep it simple and limit it to 4 man made chemicals; Nicotine, PG, VG, and manufactured flavorings.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Awesome!
Thanks for the link!
I'll have to try some!

I apologize for the rant earlier.

Its just so disheartening to read news articles that try to link smoking and vaping.
For every positive article I read about vaping, I seem to read 10 that are propaganda from the FDA, Big Tobacco and Anti-smoking Nazis.

If those people get their way (and it seems to be going that way) I fear the following will happen:

Licensing requirements to make and sell nic juice. (Will increase costs)
Taxed as cigarettes. (Really increase costs)
Discrimination against vapers. (How did the social ostracism feel when you smoked analogs?)
Make it too expensive and difficult for Mom and Pop nic juice suppliers to stay in business.
When was the last time you purchased analogs from a manufacturer that employed less than 1,000 people?

Can you say: "Hello Mr. Big Tobacco!" (I know my congressman can!)
Soon vaping will be just as expensive as the analog habit.

We all need to find ways to keep vaping and smoking separate or we will lose this really great opportunity that we have right now.

We need to make sure vaping ALWAYS has a positive spin on any news articles.
I just thought adding vitamins might make the habit a bit more healthy and socially acceptable.

Ten years from now we might be looking back and reminiscing about the "Golden Age of Vaping".

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
According to Dekang's website, they offer over 50 flavors including:

DK-vitamin A, DK-vitamin B, DK-vitamin C, DK-vitamin E, DK-coenzyme Q10, DK-coenzyme Q10 + vitamin A, DK-coenzyme Q10+ vitamin B, DK-coenzyme Q10 + vitamin C, DK-coenzyme Q10+ vitamin E.

Now, how does the vitamin get absorbed into body? I'm already vaping VG that's in vitamin pills. :)

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Okay...I'm gong to try and post the link to the news article that had me so fired up.
I hope it works.
Read the comments after the article. Normal people get it. I'm afraid that our government doesn't!
(So what else is new! LOL The sky is blue too!)

Ban proposed on electronic cigarettes on planes | cleveland.com

Let me know if it worked.

Pete

sheryder

ECF Veteran
We do know that our eliquid contains less harmful substances than our cigs did. Why add more stuff that we have no real control over? I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. theory. Vitamin C can be problematic for people with specific health problems so it isn't good for everyone. Nicotine is beneficial for people with some illnesses. There are no absolutes in vaping. If you were a smoker, you were already using the 4 man made chemicals either in your cigs or foods. Vaping is (hopefully) to reduce harm for those who most likely would still be smoking without ecigs. It is also an incorrect assumption that everyone eats McDonalds (fast food).

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Shery,

Please...
Why are you trying to rain on my parade?
I started this thread stating:

"Its really difficult trying to explain the benefits of vaping over smoking because we are always talking about what vaping doesn't have vs. analogs. (No tar, No carcinogens, etc.)"

Non-smokers don't get that message. There eyes start to glaze over after about 30 seconds. I don't know if you have noticed or not but they start daydreaming because it really is of little interest to them. Its like when you are approached by a Scientologist. You smile and try to be nice, but you are thinking, "Who is this wacko?".

Just what malady would vitamin C be bad for? I have never heard of someone having to restrict their vitamin C intake.
Nicotine is bad for everyone's cardiovascular system. You could look it up. So why would you choose to voluntarily ingest or inhale it?

Any child born in the USA, by the age of ten, has been to McDonald's and eaten their food and chemicals. I GUARANTEE it!

Let's all be nice now.
Can't we all just get along and play nice?

Pete

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Sdh,

I'm relatively new to vaping and never encountered a site that offered a vitamin add-in.
Thanks for turning me on to Vaper Renu. I'm going to have to try some!
I can't wait to tell people, "I'm vaping vitamin fortified e-juice."
(Shery are you listening?)
I GUARANTEE after I tell them that, it will spark their curiosity and interest. Intelligent conversation is sure to follow.

Thanks again Sdh!

Pete

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Sdh,

I'm relatively new to vaping and never encountered a site that offered a vitamin add-in.
Thanks for turning me on to Vaper Renu. I'm going to have to try some!
I can't wait to tell people, "I'm vaping vitamin fortified e-juice."
(Shery are you listening?)
I GUARANTEE after I tell them that, it will spark their curiosity and interest. Intelligent conversation is sure to follow.

Thanks again Sdh!

Pete
Your Welcome! Hey if you decide to order from them. Some folks love them-some hate it. So YMMV. They have a discount code for first time ordering. I can't remember the code. However, I do remember the regular discount "renu" for 10% off.
Pinellaspete do a google search of Nissan cars and vitamin C. It is a interesting idea. I have read papers on Vitamin C via nebulizer.

I vaped Vitamin C for a good 5-6 months. It did help me. At the very least it did not cause any adverse effects/side effects. I diy now but if I needed something I would order from them.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Okay...I'm gong to try and post the link to the news article that had me so fired up.
I hope it works.
Read the comments after the article. Normal people get it. I'm afraid that our government doesn't!
(So what else is new! LOL The sky is blue too!)

Ban proposed on electronic cigarettes on planes | cleveland.com

Let me know if it worked.

Pete

did you notice that an article published on 9/14/2011 is still referencing an Air Force Surgeon Generals Warning that was issued to the AF over a year ago? And that they also sited this supposed study of (Chinese made) ejuices that had diethylene glycol, a study which was done about two years ago, and was not at all representative of the juices available currently? Unfortunately all that article does is highlight the need for some real scientific study, which I hate to admit, we are lacking.

sheryder

ECF Veteran
Sorry that you view my post as not playing nice. You asked for our "thoughts" so I was only sharing mine. Don't want to appear argumentative as my opinion differs so I will just move on after saying that I hope that whatever helps you to succeed with vaping comes your way. Good Luck!

Moving on.....

Shery,

Please...
Why are you trying to rain on my parade?

Let's all be nice now.
Can't we all just get along and play nice?

Pete

Last edited:

MollieA

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Santa Monica
It'[s already out there. Vitamin C, ones with ginseng, etc. Here's one example: 30ml eLiquid Florida Orange + Vitamin C

Yep, been vaping that. Tastes just like Tropicana orange juice to me. Not sure if the vitamin C makes a difference since I take supplements anyways. I've tried ones with valerian or tryptophan for my insomnia (no nic) and they taste horrid, especially the valerian. Yuck. But, anyway- I really do love the Florida Orange. It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread