Now that I have a good APV,I need something for in car and more 18650's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
If it stays in the car anyway, and you have a cigarette lighter/power outlet, you could always forgo the battery compleatly and just use a pass-through. If you want to be able to choose between nominal voltages of 3.2, 3.7 or 4.2, (basically fully charged, regulated eGo, or robust stick/cig-alike) this is a very reasonable alternative Variable Volt 900 Passthrough - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop and it will allow you to take it out of the car (like into a store or restaurant) without having to carry a second vaporizer when you're just out running errands. Vision Spinner - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop is not a pass-through, but it is very light-weight and will let you go up to 4.8 volts. My wife has one and I was actually surprised at how well the performance at 4.8 volts compared to a regulated 5 volt mod and the Provari at a 4.8 to 5 volt setting. It's also got enough power that it should last you a full day of driving and can just be plugged in to recharge overnight (or maintained by charging whenever you make a stop).

If you're wanting to stick with something that uses the 18650's and keep the variable voltage/wattage functions, though, the Zmax is really one of the lightest options out there. The bulk of the weight in it is the battery itself--the Zmax is even lighter than any of my mechanical mods. If you don't mind losing the adjustability, there is the Smoktech Bolt which is available in either anodized aluminum or plastic. The aluminum version requires an extender to use 18650's, but the plastic one doesn't. Search results for: 'bolt' (I can't personally vouch for the Bolt, but a lot of people love them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread