• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW what are you doing, Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So I just got the dreaded slip saying to pick up my package tomorrow after 1pm.

Thing is, I don't want to wait till tomorrow.

Anyone had any luck sweet talking the cp people into letting you pick up same day?

Its more a matter of whether its actually at the pickup point ... If they have it they will give it to you.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Chinner, I always go and pick-up from the Shoppers postal outlet the same day I get the notice, even if it says not until the next day. Trick being that you should go at about 30 minutes prior to their closing. When they get the item dropped off at the pick-up spot they have to enter all the items into their system and they usually do that at or after closing that evening.

So put on a big smile and your sweetest voice and .... give them some story that your out of town for the next 2 weeks and need the package for your trip .... it's a matter of life and death!!!!

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Chinner, I always go and pick-up from the Shoppers postal outlet the same day I get the notice, even if it says not until the next day. Trick being that you should go at about 30 minutes prior to their closing. When they get the item dropped off at the pick-up spot they have to enter all the items into their system and they usually do that at or after closing that evening.

So put on a big smile and your sweetest voice and .... give them some story that your out of town for the next 2 weeks and need the package for your trip .... it's a matter of life and death!!!!

Ya, this plan works sometime, but not always. Last time I tried this tact, I got nothing but attitude from the clerk, almost going out of her way to let the people behind me know that I might be holding her at gunpoint or something! After 5 minutes of watching her play hackey sack with the packages and almost have a nervous breakdown, she threw the card back at me and said the package hadn't arrive yet.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario

Anyone had any luck sweet talking the cp people into letting you pick up same day?

Become your own human package tracker, find that truck and retrieve your package.

Best of luck. They held my Reo over the weekend

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
When I have used a private courier I have it delivered to my wife's place of work. They do a huge amount of biz with her company and they will go to any length to make sure the package is delivered because it's a corporate customer.

Funny story ... guy I worked with on a contract in a Govt. of Alberta Bldg would get stuff he ordered off the internet delivered to the mailroom in the bldg, which at the time no one said boo about. He ordered a case of some special powdered cleanser ... it came in cardboard cans (like comet) and UPS did their usual beating to death routine on the box. When it arrived in the mail room it was leaking white powder ... this was around the time of the anthrax scares so the entire 10 story bldg was evacuated ... man did he get in trouble. Fire department took the package away and he never saw it again ... though he thought better than to push the issue considering. He re-ordered and in bold letters told them to address it to his house this time ... the email shipping confirmation came back with the govt. bldg again ... he had to go have a heart to heart with the mail room manager to make sure there wouldn't be another incident.

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.

Yes. It is always there for me same day. Call the phone number on the card and ask.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I'm heading out any minute now to try to sweet talk my packages out of the post office, left for half hour and of course mail got delivered, missed 2 packages :(

I am pretty sure they hide in the bushes and wait for you to leave, then run to your mailbox to leave the card of dooom. Hope you get em :) I missed my Telus internet guy, but he left a new modem on my doorstep so I am happy

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Constantine, that is absolutely ridiculous and there is no way in hell it should cost more than $20 to ship those, especially with your Venture One card. You'e getting ripped off.

17" Length X 12" Wide X 8" high, a whopping 1.5Lbs for the two dream catchers. They were in the same shape of a ball, and in the center sat a wolf and the other had a eagle, complete with feathers and what have you. Cost me $34.20, loss of faith in people, pack of smokes (on my special day today :facepalm:) -- oh and one very large :censored: headache. But they are shipped and on the way.

YAY! Got me packages :) It was just my Venture One card from Canada Post and the Hunger Games series :D
Hunger Games DVD? Or the book?

Just noticed this on the CP web site in VERY small print
Notice to Canada Post Customers – SPAM with a Possible Virus

Canada Post has received a number of recent reports about spam emails that appear to be notifications about unsuccessful delivery attempts by Canada Post. These emails typically contain tracking numbers that may or may not be legitimate numbers in our system.

Do not click on the link and do not provide any personal information. These fraudulent messages are known as “phishing” and are becoming increasingly common. They usually include urgent requests for money, financial or personal information and often contain design flaws such as incorrect logos, poor grammar or spelling, and deceptive links.

If you receive a suspicious email, delete it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but this whole may or may not be legitimate numbers in our system. raises the hair on my neck in a negative way. The only way to get this email with a correct tracking number with your email address means CP data base has been compromised....

in my 40 years on this earth is by far the largest screw up they have done IMHO

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I know the thread is a bit old, but i thought this was funny as :censored: and we could all get a laugh, as it seems mind field's worm hole has shown up here....

I got a delivery card notice under my door (bare in mind i am in a rooming house, one mail box and one......twitter with the key that delivers the mail in the house) . The mail man i have is awesome, he already asked me if i was not outside to stalk him, and there was parcel's if i wanted it dropped in the mail box or delivery card.....

Now seeing as i am not expecting any deliveries (maybe honey ville? but that is stuck at the border from what i heard), i went online to enter the card number to pin point the origin so as i know who sent what....

Nothing on their site...so i called the toll free number.......and they have no record of my card.......

so i MUST have the delivery card that Mind Field was waiting for.......now the question is.......who is going to have his parcel actually delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread