• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW what are you doing, Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Recent mishap with CP occured that I found interesting.

I recieved a card for pick-up and then 2 hours later recieved the actual parcel.

It seems that there have been enough complaints in my area to warrant a second post man being assigned to my area so I was getting mail twice a day.

I didn't know the pick-up card was for the parcel I already recieved, so the next day I went down to the local PO center and presented the card, this created some problems.

The postlady who dropped off the card lied about the delivery attempt and created a logging error that hid the 2nd postmans actual delivery so an investigation had to be mounted to find out what happend to my parcel.
A week later I recieved a call with an apology and explaination that there was a processing error and that I already should have the parcel, WWI? the item was a car shaped computer mouse from E-bay (1 of 3 seperate orders).

Caught red handed lying to superiors, forging documents and not performing her duties.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside..

Attachments

• 1269839630721s.jpg
    1269839630721s.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 13

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
This expresspost is starting to turn into expedited

Track Status
Product Type: Xpresspost
Expected Delivery : 2012/06/28
Updated Delivery : 2012/06/29
Delivery date changed : Item was received by Canada Post after cut-off time.
Reference Number 1: 1361
2012/06/27 19:43/07:43PM MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2012/06/27 15:31/03:31PM OSHAWA Item accepted at the Post Office
2012/06/26 18:20/06:20PM OSHAWA Order information received by Canada Post

Howie from CV can have a expresspost delivery at my doorstep in under 16 hours from London Ont':ohmy:, this delivery is showing 26th to the 29th, approx 65hours.:glare:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Yup. I had a package from Canvape -- literally an hour away from me, if that -- mailed on a Friday not turn up 'til Tuesday, a day after its listed ETA -- or rather, the pickup card. And I had to wait another day to pick the damn thing up at the post office that's a 5 minute walk from my place. This was just last week too. Stupid...

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yup. I had a package from Canvape -- literally an hour away from me, if that -- mailed on a Friday not turn up 'til Tuesday, a day after its listed ETA -- or rather, the pickup card. And I had to wait another day to pick the damn thing up at the post office that's a 5 minute walk from my place. This was just last week too. Stupid...

Anything happen with that package that disappeared into the ether?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Anything happen with that package that disappeared into the ether?

Nope. Didn't hear anything about Adam getting it back, though I understand he filed a claim for it. Unfortunately he couldn't claim for the VMax because it wasn't on the invoice. (So how do ordinary citizens claim if they're just sending stuff with no money changing hands?)

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Nope. Didn't hear anything about Adam getting it back, though I understand he filed a claim for it. Unfortunately he couldn't claim for the VMax because it wasn't on the invoice. (So how do ordinary citizens claim if they're just sending stuff with no money changing hands?)

Good question. I would expect Canada Post has to act with some good faith on something like that.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, did you ever get that Fabergé egg I mailed you? Looks like I'll have to file a claim with Canada Post if it hasn't arrived.... :evil:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Good question. I would expect Canada Post has to act with some good faith on something like that.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, did you ever get that Fabergé egg I mailed you? Looks like I'll have to file a claim with Canada Post if it hasn't arrived.... :evil:

Yes. It made a terrible omelet. I'm sticking to century eggs from now on.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
In response to the original post in this thread the same thing occurred on a delivery from CanVape to my office.

When I called to "inquire" the nice lady told me that CP didn't have enough hand held scanners so that when the item was placed in the truck to be delivered it was considered to have been successfully delivered.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I'm reading the thread and just shaking my head. I live in a rural area where the Postmistress knows my name, as well as all the posties, and I have had no problems. Lately, I got a delivery from Happy Vaper - in BC - that was delivered the NEXT DAY!!! What everyone needs to do is to move back to the country :)

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
*More pissin an moanin*

Made the order Monday night, paid extra for expresspost. 25th
Order dropped off by retailer Tuesday at 6:00PM. 26th
Item is placed IN THE BACKPACK OF A MIGRANT HOBO TRYING TO HITCH A RIDE TO SASKATCHEWAN. 27th
Item in transport. 28th
Item in transport. 29th
Item in transport. 30th
Item in transport. 1rst of July
Item in transport. 2nd
Recipient not home card left in mailbox. 3rd
Attempted pick up #1, failed still on truck 4th
Attempted pick up #2, failed still on truck 6th
Nervous breakdown, check self into mental institution 7th
Quit vaping, switch to licking paintchips off window sills...

Actual status
2012/06/27 23:19 MISSISSAUGA Item in transit
19:43 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
15:31 OSHAWA Item accepted at the Post Office
2012/06/26 18:20 OSHAWA Order information received by Canada Post

We should have a sticky just for ranting about mail.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I am doubting this is going to be a rant about the mail but more of a "Oh :censored:"

I made a COD order from Vaporus Sunday night, and if it was not for Fête nationale du Québec (litteral word for word translation: birthday national of Quebec aka: Quebec's Birthday -- i would make my parents proud knowing i am speaking french at last) it would have been mailed Monday night :facepalm: anyway that is not the issue.

As you can see from this tracking, the delivery is not the issue:

2012/06/29 13:40 WINNIPEG Item successfully delivered
Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2012/06/29 13:40 WINNIPEG Item successfully delivered
08:21 WINNIPEG Item out for delivery
06:32 WINNIPEG Item processed at local delivery facility
2012/06/28 19:51 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility
2012/06/27 03:57 MONTREAL Item in transit
00:17 MONTREAL Item processed at postal facility
2012/06/26 15:47 BELOEIL Order information received by Canada Post

so what is the issue?

Remember i said it was COD right? I am beginning to wonder if the mail man walked off with the $64.00? As you can see here:

Tracking Number

Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.
Track Status

This is a Collect on Delivery (COD) Remittance (return of funds collected) item.

Show original COD item:8036027048601786

2012/06/26 15:47 Waiting for COD Remittance return
Track History
2012/06/26 15:47 Waiting for COD Remittance return

If this is up to date information, and 1:40 central it was in my paws, and i am writing this 12 hours later.....does this mean that CP's Faux Pas (fake step) is a issue with them and Song? Or is it me and Song? Me and Cp?

I mean the dude is cool, and i finally got some great LR carts for the DCT....and some other things....so not sure on this one

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
exactly CP doesn't do e-transfers

All these silly Canadian way's..i tells ya.....next you are going to tell me that you cannot get Paypal credit cards here, or Bank Card that act as Visa/Master card's (two separate uses in one, rather convenient)or that walmart's here do not have a self service section/full deli, the corner stores do not sell beer, or brick and mortar businesses for E-cigarette stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread