Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Angie, I should have an idea how they do with KDG by tomorrow with my second Nuppin' due for delivery today (probably won't be picked up until tonight). Have decided it's first build will be a simple micro/KGD to compare it to the RxW in Nuppin 1. I'm sure it will be great with KGD.

Like BH said, the AFC works perfectly. While I don't get a whistle I do hear the air going in. I'm also trying a longer wick than my first RxW Cyclone build (it's air hole is drilled to 7/64" and works well for my long lung hits). With the longer wick and the AFC am getting far more flavor rich vapor from the Nuppin' even with it's larger chamber. But I haven't done much tweaking with my RxW builds yet, so I also probably don't have it even close to optimum for that wicking material yet.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Guess I'll be the materialistic .... here but... There just isn't anything sexy looking about the Nuppin. Coming from pdib and those gorgeous Sumpins I would have expected the cap to have stylish machining.
Meh...maybe that's just me ,[emoji18]

Oh.... So maybe something like this?

d1fa806ff5b994d549592889b2c6c5a4.jpg

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Guess I'll be the materialistic .... here but... There just isn't anything sexy looking about the Nuppin. Coming from pdib and those gorgeous Sumpins I would have expected the cap to have stylish machining.
Meh...maybe that's just me ,

Imma have to disagree with you, MsLoud... I think it's damn sexy! The copper sleeve looks SO good with my sparkly blue grand. I like the simplicity and lack of a huge, garish logo. Plus, the size is perfect.

Hi reonauts

I ordered mine and waiting for it to get to me. I've been looking for a small atty to use on my mini, tried a bunch but haven't found one I love yet. Hoping the Nuppin is the one. How's the Nuppin for flavor?

For me, flavor is perfect. As always, it depends on your build, but I can get just as much flavor outta the nuppin' as my Divo.

This size looks perfect. And since I'm lazy/ADD kicks in and didn't read the entire thread so if this is a repeat question, I apologize. I want one of these but it looks complicated to build on. I don't get where one end of the wire going into the hole. Is this really hard to build and can a single coil also be used?

It's WAY easier than it looks at first... wrap your coils the right way and they just fit right in. My first build was my go-to dual 7 wraps of 28g @ .5ohms, and it was amazing. Tonight I did a single coil build with quad twisited 32g, and it is equally amazing. The chamber is small enough to really shine with a single coil (high or low res) and the AFC is big enough to allow for low res dual builds. I do M-L and for me it's important to be able to get the draw tight enough for that. The Nuppin' is perfect because you can really dial it down to a super tight draw or open it all the way up for lung hits.

I have to say, I am really impressed with this... the flavor is outstanding- on par with a small chamber atty, and the vapor quality is also great- like with a 22mm... it's like the best of both. Plus it fits well on a grand or mini, squonks & drains perfectly, and I think it's super easy to build on.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just to give an idea of how this atty vapes, here's a comparison to my Mephisto that I just received a few days ago... I am really diggin' both of these atty's...

Nuppin' 27g dual 1/16" 6/7 tension micro coils @ .44Ω
Mephisto 24g dual 1/16" 7/8 tension micro coils @ .24Ω

Even with the Mephisto being .2Ω less, the Nuppin' might just be a tad bit warmer vape. That would be due to chamber size of course, but the chamber on the Mephisto is the smallest of any 22mm diameter atty I have vaped. The vapor between the two are very equal as well. I have not only sold all my authentic Odin's, but now have shelved the clones I had replaced those with...

I also forgot to mention to this point I have had zero leaking with either atty...

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Got my built and loaded and really loving it :) Wasn't as hard to build as I thought it would be. Getting the second coil seated was just a tiny bit tricky but once I held my mouth right, it was good to go. Came out to 1.0 ohm. ( This build normally comes out to .9. Not sure what made the difference this time)

4e299f5c7470507705618f5eafc77b74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Last edited:

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Im considering one too now that next week I will be getting a new mod that will be able to seat any size RDA. I might have to contact Chowderhead if I see a dripper that catches my eye. So many to choose from and everyone has a different favorite.:unsure:

Sounds like you are.......(wait for it).......... unsure.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Loving the Nuppin and the red REO has a new outfit to match :)

6c89e90a9da294e7c826a1cb60b437eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

I'm normally not much into bright colored mods or mod bling... haven't even tried the copper or brass AFC sleeves on my 2 Nuppin's yet. But this Reo really rocks. Good job.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Angie.....

I finally got down the list to do the KGD build on my other Nuppin. Used my two LP Grands, the two Nuppin's with identical DT's, two fresh batts, and the same ADV... but the goof I made was doing it at 3AM. Without thinking I built #2 with .5 ohm dual micro coils for the KGD. So it is not a good "all else being equal" test since I forgot that #1's RxW build is a single .8 ohm. I'll have to do another RxW build on #1 as a dual .5 ohm to be a more equal comparison of the wicks. Not tonight though.

It'll be a long night yet since I can't sleep, but two fisting my favorite ADV in Nuppin's will make it a lot more fun. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread