Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I'll ask my question again in hopes that it creates a new page - what can I clean the copper AFC ring with to make it shine?
I use Noxon 7-- metal polish for 7 metals, or something like that. Got it at Menards. Any hardware store or walmart should have a selection of metal polish.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Pretty much any copper or brass cleaner/polish will work. Personally, I use this stuff:

product.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
OK, I need help now!
AFC stuck!

I cannot BUDGE it - can't turn it, take if off, nothing.
And it's a matched pair - black, not like I put my V2 AFC on a V1 or anything.
It's pretty much brand new - I think I used it for a few minutes, then set it aside. I know it DID turn, but now...locked up.

Any tricks??

Nevermind - got it.
Tricks still may be handy in case of repeat...lol

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
New o-rings sometimes need to be worked in.

On the rare occasion one of mine gets stubborn I get a grip on the AFC sleeve, just use a finger/thumb to push the top cap out.

Won't be an issue if you keep your o-rings lubed. Due to my VLLH's joose condensation trapped between the AFC/top cap usually keeps them from getting stuck.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Single parallel coils mounted high center with 2 or even 3 AFC slots wide open for my LDLH's are starting to win out as my preferred build on the Nuppin's now days. Easy builds that are all but foolproof after trying several wire gauge combos. I've been doing my parallel builds with two wire gauges... 24/26; 26/28, 27/29, 29/32, etc with both standard and twisted wires for the advantages of both gauges, plan to try some with ribbon wire as well, flat and twisted. Could be they'll end up in all 6 of my Nuppin's. :)

Might be worth the effort to try one or two in a Nuppin' (especially if you are a lung hitter) to see if they also work well for you.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Single parallel coils mounted high center with 2 or even 3 AFC slots wide open for my LDLH's are starting to win out as my preferred build on the Nuppin's now days. Easy builds that are all but foolproof after trying several wire gauge combos. I've been doing my parallel builds with two wire gauges... 24/26; 26/28, 27/29, 29/32, etc with both standard and twisted wires for the advantages of both gauges, plan to try some with ribbon wire as well, flat and twisted. Could be they'll end up in all 6 of my Nuppin's. :)

Might be worth the effort to try one or two in a Nuppin' (especially if you are a lung hitter) to see if they also work well for you.
ooooooo... see, now ya got me wanting to try one of these in a Nuppin'. I've not done a standard parallel with 2 different gauges before and I haven't tried a monocoil (my term for those single top mounts on the Nup') yet, either. Tomorrow's a holiday up here and I think I've just settled on how I'll spend some time.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
ooooooo... see, now ya got me wanting to try one of these in a Nuppin'. I've not done a standard parallel with 2 different gauges before and I haven't tried a monocoil (my term for those single top mounts on the Nup') yet, either. Tomorrow's a holiday up here and I think I've just settled on how I'll spend some time.

I've tried your monocoil and both same gauge and different gauge parallels mounted center high... like the 2 gauge parallel the best. Gauges and ohm values are still being figured out though for what is the sweet spot for each of my ADV's.

This will be a 3 day weekend for many of those still working here in the US because of the 4th... but everyday is a holiday of sorts for me. ;)

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Hi nuppin fans. Back when I first bought my nuppins someone gave me a link to a nice allen wrench with a handle. I think it may have been on a hobby website? I really like it a lot better than those little wire ones.
Do any of you know it, or can tell me the number of the proper wrench for my friend who bought one second hand and did not get one. Thanks

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Those are supposed to be the best and won't strip from what I heard.
I almost bought one but remembered I had an extra pin vise hanging around so I took the allen key that came with the Nuppin and snipped off at the bend and inserted into my pin vise. Works great, much better grip and turning action than trying to tighten with that tiny key!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Those are supposed to be the best and won't strip from what I heard.
I almost bought one but remembered I had an extra pin vise hanging around so I took the allen key that came with the Nuppin and snipped off at the bend and inserted into my pin vise. Works great, much better grip and turning action than trying to tighten with that tiny key!

^^^ this. So this.

I have the Thorpe for the Nuppin' (and anything else that size) and it's excellent, but rudy's hack is a winner (I'm looking at you, 4 other size hex wrenches sitting on my desk feeling smug - your days are numbered).

Reactions: rudy4653

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Yup, my pin vises are my work horses. I have one with a 16g needle for coil winding, and the other with the hex shaft for the Nuppin. I always get tempted to get the latest & greatest gizmos, coil winders, jigs, etc. but fight off the temptation and go back to my old pin vises.They serve me well. Nothing fancy they just work for me. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
What, like this????
LOL!

nup-nup-nup-1.JPG

Got me a nuppin off the classies the other day.. now it's all I vape on!

Just ordered a full brass cap/sleeve and black top cap from pdib that's now on the way. I need another nuppin! I'll take 3 if I can hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread