Not open for further replies.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Nuppin at work today ;)

imhlcb3hyc2cch56g.jpg

The centered Parallel coil build that TurboCad shared is still my favorite Nuppin build of all time, since I tried it I havent built my Nuppins any other way.

This one is at exactly 0.5 ohms, perfect flavor and vapor production for me :)

n2o3c75sbzgn7pb6g.jpg

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Nuppin at work today ;)

imhlcb3hyc2cch56g.jpg

The centered Parallel coil build that TurboCad shared is still my favorite Nuppin build of all time, since I tried it I havent built my Nuppins any other way.

n2o3c75sbzgn7pb6g.jpg

Umm.. coil diameter? 2mm? And what's that drip tip?

Reactions: The.Drifter

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Nuppin at work today ;)

imhlcb3hyc2cch56g.jpg

n2o3c75sbzgn7pb6g.jpg
I am going to try that a try. Thanks

Reactions: The.Drifter

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
I am going to try that a try. Thanks

Thanks.. I'll try that tonight.

I think you will like it, it heats up pretty fast and produces good vapor and flavor after you dial in your airflow. I use both slots and like my airflow wide open but you do get better flavor with the both closed off about 1/2 way.

Be mindful of how high you build your coil, you do not want to short out the top of the coil on the Nuppins Topcap or with a drip tip because there isnt much room to work with.

Please share how you like it when you finally build it :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I think you will like it, it heats up pretty fast and produces good vapor and flavor after you dial in your airflow. I use both slots and like my airflow wide open but you do get better flavor with the both closed off about 1/2 way.

Be mindful of how high you build your coil, you do not want to short out the top of the coil on the Nuppins Topcap or with a drip tip because there isnt much room to work with.

Please share how you like it when you finally build it :)

A very good point that can't be stressed enough if you do start doing center high parallel builds in your Nuppin's. The V2's are even more critical than the V1's because if you have the build deck mounted higher off the mod you can seat the V2's top caps lower on the build deck that reduces the chamber size (the V1 has a flange to stop the top cap). IE, on some of my parallel builds the coil is actually centered up into the top cap some... and while perfectly centered it's only reliable protection is the slip fit Delrin DT's I use on some of my Nuppin's. These particular higher builds have other issues as well... the top cap can get very hot very fast, so chain vaping is not a good idea, and it can cook joose (I take a couple of long DLH's, let it cool, squonk and hit it again); if your build spits hot joose splatters could get to you, so make sure your builds do not spit; the coil must be centered to not pinch off the wick and they require a little longer wick tails. Worth all the bother? It is IMO. With 2 or 3 slots wide open I get massive flavor and vapor that is far better than any other build I have tried in the Nuppin's.

Please excuse the dirty Nup/Reo... it's the one I'm vaping Patchouli in right now with a favored parallel build for extra high into the Nuppin' cap for this joose. Parallel build is 27x27ga, 2.5mm, 8 wraps, .63 ohms.

nup-p-build.jpg

wood177.jpg

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ooopsie.
Knocked my Reo off a high counter onto hard tile floor. And YES I'm vaping in a hotel room. Again.
Anyway, can't see any damage, and the coil held.
But I just found out something DID get invisibly bent - the door doesn't want to go down.
I'll check it out - likely very very minor. But in the meantime - good thing it's a Nuppin, cause the door goes UP just fine!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
They can be pretty tight. Wrap a strip of something around the base, leather works well, then clamp the base in bench vise. Use a screwdriver that fits the slot in the base properly. It will turn. I adjust the orientation of the centerpost to best fit the build and keep the leads as short as possible.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
They can be pretty tight. Wrap a strip of something around the base, leather works well, then clamp the base in bench vise. Use a screwdriver that fits the slot in the base properly. It will turn. I adjust the orientation of the centerpost to best fit the build and keep the leads as short as possible.

thanks! I will look for items that are similar to what you describe since I own none of this :facepalm:. Ok, exaggerating a bit. I don't own a bench vise but gonna look for something to get leverage. I was just worried I was gonna strip the screw of mangle the screwdriver slot thingy on the bottom of the atty

I got it built and wicked/vaping but the off center post drives me crazy.

Reactions: muzichead

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Off to the right in relation to what, the negative "hole"? As in approximately 90 degrees to the right of the negative holes. If that's what you mean that's they way they all are. Recheck the how to build pic I posted on page one of this thread.
thanks! I will look for items that are similar to what you describe since I own none of this :facepalm:. Ok, exaggerating a bit. I don't own a bench vise but gonna look for something to get leverage. I was just worried I was gonna strip the screw of mangle the screwdriver slot thingy on the bottom of the atty

I got it built and wicked/vaping but the off center post drives me crazy.

Not sure I am understanding what you are calling off center right on the positive post (maybe I'm having one of your blonde moments even though I am not blonde gal pal). ;)

The center post holes are pretty much 90 degrees to the line between the negative deck holes on all 8 of my Nuppin's.

Reactions: AngiBe

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think a pair of channel-lock or vise-grip pliers would do in lieu of a bench vise. The key is to wrap something around the atty to keep the vise or pliers from buggering up the atty, and to use a screw driver blade that fits the slot in the post well so you don't damage the slot either.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I haven't used my Nuppin in a while and went to build a new coil on it. I remember why I haven't used it in a while....my Nuppin was shipped to me with the center post hole off center towards the right. Anyone have a way I can re center the center post/hole?

Yeah that's the way they are designed.. all 3 of my v1s are like that.

Reactions: AngiBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread