Nurses told not to recommend e-cigs as a means of quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture-9-300x188.png

In a review article just released online, prior to being printed in the Journal of American Association of Nursing Practitioners, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania Nursing School, makes the recommendation that electronic cigarettes are not be endorsed as a cessation device, and that Nurse Practitioners should understand how the perception of the health effects motivate use. It is suggested that by understanding the perception, they can confidently recommend against their use....Read More

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Not new news to me...

Couple months back, had to see a doctor about some issues and I brought up vaping. "As far as medical science, there is nothing to support that it helps and actualy is worse.... at this time we can't recommend you to continue using it, your better off going back to the real thing"

Couldn't even tell me to just quit. :/ guess they need their money too

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Not new news to me...

Couple months back, had to see a doctor about some issues and I brought up vaping. "As far as medical science, there is nothing to support that it helps and actualy is worse.... at this time we can't recommend you to continue using it, your better off going back to the real thing"

You need to find a new doctor.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
So, the fact that we do feel better is all in our head. Even the progressively better scientific lab tests from doc's ofc visit......are all in our head. It's like saying, "Don't believe your lying eyes."
We are anecdotal evidence. We don't count. They need 'Science' to tell them what we already know by how we feel. How we feel doesn't matter to them. They need proof by testing.

Problem is, they are trying to shut this down before all the evidence can be gathered! :censored: idiot :censored:

At least the longer it takes for the FDA to come out with their deeming, the more evidence that is being gathered and a LOT of doctors are getting on board.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Not new news to me...

I wouldn't let that doctor treat a hangnail.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
We are anecdotal evidence. We don't count. They need 'Science' to tell them what we already know by how we feel. How we feel doesn't matter to them. They need proof by testing.

Problem is, they are trying to shut this down before all the evidence can be gathered! :censored: idiot :censored:

At least the longer it takes for the FDA to come out with their deeming, the more evidence that is being gathered and a LOT of doctors are getting on board.

That's just it, Robino. Millions of us ARE being tested in the doctors' offices. Our blood work sent to labs. The reason more and more docs are climbing aboard vaping is they see the results of all this testing in the real world where the tests are not manipulated and results skewed to fit a political purpose. Anecdotes my fat fanny! There's NO science when large corporate and government interests are involved in the outcome.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013

Science eh? I have a strong feeling the science will be bought and paid for to say what they want it to say, just like all the "studies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread