Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I've got a nutz (careful how you read that).

With stock air holes on both, they are really similar in terms of vape qualities, with the slight edge in flavour going to the RM2.

The RM2 is also easier to mod the air hole, should you want more air, and it's got a more forgiving build deck (wider posts, ceramic deck, bigger build space).

If you like that family of 14mm flavour-first atties, I'd also recommend...

RM3
Viper
Matrix (has afc)
Graal (has afc)
Speed

Many would also recommend the Chalice (I, II, or III - the last version is available on Rob's site).

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks Papa,

I am a confirmed tootle poofer... so I run my attys at about 1.6 ohms single coil. RM2 was spot on really until I drilled it!

I have a clone of the chalice 3 but the gurgling got on my nerves so I ended up modifying it, by removing the inner chamber, drilling the top cap and blocking off the AFC. I am not keen on the wire trapping arrangement, especially as the nuts on the top of my clones posts are brass. I would not really want to spend $140 on an atty then butcher it.

I like the screw on caps as I often pocket my mod and have never been comfortable with the pull off caps.

A stainless RM2 would be perfect for me, I might visit the machine shop and get them to make me a copy.

Thanks for the info, I will take a look at the other options that you listed...

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Given those preferences, I'm thinking the Graal is prolly the best fit. It's made of ss, has a screw on cap, post hole wire traps, and the afc can be dialled down to MTL tootle puffing heaven.

Rob's RM3 deserves consideration as well. Friction fit cap, but it's tight and at a very reasonable price.

Reactions: Joules_Verne

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks again Papa,

I think you may be right on the Graal, can't seem to find a new one anywhere. Not sure if they are available new anymore, so I will keep an eye out in the classified's. I am reasonably happy with the setup I have, so not in a massive rush, it will happen as and when one comes up at the right price.

I contacted the maker of the Nutz and asked him to mail me some pictures, not to keen on the posts. @ £50 I will give it a miss for now. I prefer the posts on the RM2 and the price is a lot lower.

It seems I have ended up in a niche corner of a niche market, but all good things come to those who wait. My Grand is proof of that.

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Hope I m okay bumping an older thread ?

Yep I have a few Nutz attys including a 14.5 that now lives on my Grand :) . I rate them very highly .

I can't comment on flavour too much because I believe all the small chambered bottom feeders give great flavour mtl .It's all variations on the theme of 'tasty' :smokie:. I really enjoy mine anyway .

These skinny 14 mm atomizers are a bit of a 'thing' in Europe because of the high numbers of fancy Italian squonkboxes that have the sunken connectors ...So we have some really good stuff to choose from . No Name , Hellfire and Nutz seem to be the popular modder quality choices in this class .

I ve known Jhonutz for years from the forums . He made his name with electronics in tubes . He did a regulated 4 v , a VV , a touch switch . That got him into lathe work ..into hybrids and drippers . Eventually the atty work took over .

He's working out of Romania , he has a day job and a family and steals a couple of hours to mod in the evening :D . Bizarrely Jhon doesn't squonk , he uses his own tubes and big drippers . After requests from customers he developed the bottom feeder line . .

He isn't a 'batch' modder like some . Each piece is handmade to order . So you get to choose your airhole , look etc and other custom requirements . For instance I quite fancy a taller 14.5 than the latest version so the base sits proud of the Grand dripwell . I m not the only one , he does that sort of thing to order. He also does a 'dual purpose' squonker/dripper that I haven't tried . He loves his modding ...which I really appreciate .

Whichever you choose you get a small simple reduced chamber with a threaded topcap . It's quality machining .. a really nice modders piece . The 14.5 is the only size that doesn't feel like a hefty piece of rod . He's skimmed off all the nonessentials with those :D .

I am mad for the 20mm size , I have a dripper , an AFC and 1.3mm squonkers ..all excellent performers . They are substantial bit of metal ,durable and nice to handle . They aren't cheap by mass produced standards but for handmade work they are well undervalue .

For me personally , they are the best atomizers I have ever used . I just love them :wub:.They re simple to build , no-nonsense mtl gems . Set 'em ; forget em :) They have a very 'oldschool' feel to them , just like the Reos . I genuinely knew from the first toke I was going to be using a lot of them . A giant bottle of juice later and I m certain . :D

I think they match up well with the Grands ...they re both similar quality items , both simple design 'classics' . I really enjoy the pairing for my modest mtl vaping . I quite fancy an 18 or 19 mm AFC custom job one day to look a bit more 'sleek' on the LP plinth .

This isn't spam , just wanted to share what I do with me Reos :) .

Last edited:

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
UK
If you want off the shelf attys from a trader , there's Midlands Vaping . I don't know them myself but they have good rep .Ivapour have started stocking Chinese stuff but they re the only mainstream vendor .

Otherwize mate I d recommend looking at the Italian vapeshops for bottom feeder .Their scene is much more mature than ours so it's well worth going EU .Off the top of my head there is tuttalofumo , Smo-King, Svapimo and others that escape me right now .:rolleyes: They do budget stuff too :)

Hellfires 'The attysmith' is always worth a gander and he really is embracing the squonk now . Expensive but silky machining :thumb: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread