• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NYC vaporers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY JETS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NYC
www.CitySmoker.com
Hey Mike I tried to catch you through the chat module on your website just now.

The clerk at Barclay-Rex just said they were waiting for "the dust to settle" or something to that effect. I am probably behind on the latest current events, but I assumed he meant waiting for the products to either clearly fall under the FDA's domain, and the subsequent approval of individual products, or for a definitive ruling putting an end to the FDA's interference. Would a positive ruling in the SE case mean the latter?

It would definitely help! The Waxman Bill is also a major obstacle, but a favorable ruling in SE's case should disallow the customs holdups, at least for now.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Hey all - After 35 years of tobacco smoking, rolling my own Bali Shag for the last five years, I'm a brand new Manhattan e-cig user now. I think it's the greatest thing ever for smokers. Being the manic-compulsive that I am, I'm obsessed with it, and I've been talking to a neighbor that owns a magazine and smoke shop on the block about importing from China and retailing e-cigs and supplies in his shop.

Anybody seen a retailer in the city selling these products? I think people would come from all around to his shop if the price and selection were right.

Please share your thoughts - would it work?

sorry for the super late reply as I never even new of this thread until now and just read through all the pages. There are 2 e-cig retailers that I know of in manhattan 1 is called the Grande Cigar, it is in the Grand Central Terminal Mall, they only sell the Crown7 Hydro and that's where I got it from. Another is called Cigarillo's or something.. You can find it at the Crown7 website the addresses. I am also selling my Crown7 Kit with many extras including juice in the Classifieds section now. The Hydro is not that bad since they redesigned their atomizers, which I have. It does not vape as hard as a 901b but it looks nice and is much more reliable because my battery's are still working since Jan. 09 and I don't think that many other e-cig batts can last that long.

Oh, And I Vape everywhere even on the busses but I stay on the very back of the bus just to make sure theres no one behind me making faces at me or whatnot. So Far so Good. But then again I have the e-cigs that do not look like an analog.

Harry, Happy Vaping ALL

BaronWVS

Dec 26, 2009
New York
Former resident of the Lower East Side and Brooklyn here, currently residing in Rockland County. I was never a heavy smoker (maybe 6 ciggies a day), but last year I dropped my habit down to one ciggie and cigar a day. Last month I bought my first E-Cig, the Crown 7 pen-style, and have impressions of it. I enjoy the tast and sensation of "vaping", but find I really have to suck hard to get a decent draw off the thing.

Anyways, I stopped going to bars when the smoking ban went into effect and thought I might actually give them a whirl again (not a big drinker, but when I drink I smoke like a chimney) if this e-ciggie thing works out, but I guess we're going to have to wait for that FDA verdict. Even if they get the green light, I can't see the Yuppies (who rule and dominate NYC these days) tolerating their use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread