o-ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Just go my mini and am thrilled to say the least. However, when filling up the juice bottle, the 0-ring came out. On trying to get it back in,(EXTREMELY slippery) it fell and bounced somewhere and I can't find it. I pmed Rob and he gave me the measurements so I can get a new one and even offered to send me a new one. I'll be going to the hardware store today but I'm not sure how to seat it in the cap. Does it go in the threading or further up closer to the small end of the cap? Any suggestions on a tool to use to get this done quickly? For now, I blew out the tubing and snugged up the bottle and it worked for awhile, now I have air bubbles again:(. I thought I'd try here with this question so I don't have to keep bothering Rob, obviously a very busy man. Thanks to all...

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
Hi Keesie. The o-ring goes further up, above the threads, and just below where the cap begins to taper off to a cone shape. You can use something small, like a tooth pick or dental pick to get it started. Then try screwing the bottle on even though the ring isn't in all the way yet. Screwing the bottle on should help get the ring in there all the way. Hope that helps.

Just go my mini and am thrilled to say the least. However, when filling up the juice bottle, the 0-ring came out. On trying to get it back in,(EXTREMELY slippery) it fell and bounced somewhere and I can't find it. I pmed Rob and he gave me the measurements so I can get a new one and even offered to send me a new one. I'll be going to the hardware store today but I'm not sure how to seat it in the cap. Does it go in the threading or further up closer to the small end of the cap? Any suggestions on a tool to use to get this done quickly? For now, I blew out the tubing and snugged up the bottle and it worked for awhile, now I have air bubbles again:(. I thought I'd try here with this question so I don't have to keep bothering Rob, obviously a very busy man. Thanks to all...

Last edited:

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Thanks so very much,CJLite. I found the oring, cats got it and put it on a book but no harm done. Cats are fine as I wiped it dry before any attempts at putting it back. Anyway, I tried the toothpick idea and got it started on the first threads and used the extra bottle to push it in place. Now I'm happily vaping once again without any air bubble problems that wouldn't allow the juice to come up the tube. What a wonderful group you all are. By the way, I just purchased another mini for a friend. Can't wait for it to arrive and watch her face as she takes her first vape!

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
Woo-Hoo! :banana:

Glad it's on there back where it belongs, nice and snug. That's great you got a mini for your friend. Yeah, she'll be in for a surprise, won't she? Hehe.

Congratulations again, Keesie.

Thanks so very much,CJLite. I found the oring, cats got it and put it on a book but no harm done. Cats are fine as I wiped it dry before any attempts at putting it back. Anyway, I tried the toothpick idea and got it started on the first threads and used the extra bottle to push it in place. Now I'm happily vaping once again without any air bubble problems that wouldn't allow the juice to come up the tube. What a wonderful group you all are. By the way, I just purchased another mini for a friend. Can't wait for it to arrive and watch her face as she takes her first vape!

convict3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
La Porte, Texas, United States

i also have air bubbles going up the tube to the atty the oring is all the way up and bottle is on good and tight. so when i squonk it splatters out of the air slots in the atty cup. is that normal?

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
i also have air bubbles going up the tube to the atty the oring is all the way up and bottle is on good and tight. so when i squonk it splatters out of the air slots in the atty cup. is that normal?
You will sometimes get air in the tube, especially if it turns upside down in your pocket or something and you have vaped enough juice that the lowest end of the tube is exposed to air...but that shouldn't matter- it self-corrects in no time. If you squonk and you're "splattering" out the air slots, you're squonking too much. You want to push (or squonk) gently enough that you barely see a glimmer of your juice out those air holes.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
i get a little squonk happy and make a small pond of juice. so if i see one bubble pop in the air slots then thats enough squonk?

Hi Convict! Actually...you don't have to put that much juice in the reservoir. Just squeeze enough so it just peeks out the wholes in the atty connector. I often squeeze more than that because I like my vape to be wet. So my atty gurgles often and I'm running at just a hair under flooded. But that's just me. :)

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Well, the continuing saga... I had the oring in the right place and after about 2 refills on the bottle it fell out again. This time, no luck getting it back in the cap. So, I had the bright idea of putting it on the bottle below the threads and guess what? It works well, except now it seems to be a self juicer. I'm using 100%vg but the juice still seems to just keep coming up even when it's just sitting the cup gets full. Not sure what to do about it but at least I'm getting juice. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread