Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Curious, but not enough to go through the entire thread again...
For those who are not getting flavor;
Power or TC
Kanthal, SS 316L, SS 430, NiFe52, other
Single wire coil or other
Cotton or Rayon
As I said, just curious, might shed some light and keep people from buying a tank they won't like if there is something in common regarding the lack of flavor.

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
This 1mb picture, maximum upload, is killing me, I had to crop my picture like 4 times. Anyways I found a setup that is working well for me. Twisted 26ga ss316l, 2.4mm ID, coming in at just over .3ohms. Firing in power at 34 watts, organic cotton going through the holes and just barely resting on the base of the deck. I was attempting both power and tc when i was having trouble, spaced and contact. It's hard for me to admit, but I feel I must, in defense of the Nano! :) I was struggling to get my flavor back, and then I tried my juice on my rda. I was in fact a victim of vapers tongue. I had been vaping my Honeydew Custard for a couple of days, with other juice as well, but I assumed the flavor loss was because of the Nano. That was not the case, I couldn't taste it in my rda, or my big baby either. I feel stupid, but that's what happened. The Nano doesn't have the flavor that the big baby puts out, but it's also not 6 coils in 1. It took quite a bit of tweaking, (and a change of liquid) but I am enjoying this tank a lot now! It does have a lot of airflow, but it also closes off to next to no airflow if that's what you are looking for. I say if you give it enough time, and enough variations on what you're doing, this tank will work for you! Or it won't, and you will use one that will. I am however, a massive fan of the Nano!

Attachments

• 20170221_013314-1-1.jpg
    20170221_013314-1-1.jpg
    970 KB · Views: 175

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
This 1mb picture, maximum upload, is killing me, I had to crop my picture like 4 times.

I don't do mobile uploading so if that is your thing try the advice above.

From a desktop I always use imgur so I can inline pics instead of attaching and usually reduce the overall resolution of any image to ~800 x 1000 pixels before I upload it to imgur.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I don't do mobile uploading so if that is your thing try the advice above.

From a desktop I always use imgur so I can inline pics instead of attaching and usually reduce the overall resolution of any image to ~800 x 1000 pixels before I upload it to imgur.
If I can't crop them small enough I use "Paint" to shrink them. I have to look at imgur now

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Anyone know what size hex head wrench is used for the grub screws on these? I want to either buy or make one with a handle. I see that FT has 1.5 and 2mm ones.
1.5mm driver for the Nano grub screws. Took the extras to the hardware store over the weekend.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Soyish

Jan 17, 2015
wmANylf.jpg

I did a quick coil. SS316L 26g 3mm 7 wraps spaced. Couldn't wait. The flavor is good, not as good as the Supreme, but the Supreme is dual coil. I got a plug for the Supreme so I can run it in single coil mode. Gonna try it with same juice and same coil and compare.

The airflow is nice, a little tighter draw than the Supreme and the sound is more "swooshier". I'm a DTL-guy. Now I got to get back to the kitchen renovation :D Sorry for the large pictures, guys, I'm new to this forum.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Just got mine delivered today too :) This is my first OBS engine, and man it is just love at first sight/use! I can understand all the hype of the dual-coil previous version for sure now. I just threw a quick 8 wrap 2.5mm ID kanthal contact coil in there and airflow little over half shutdown and amazing slight restrictive DL experience at 25 watts! I probably have to play a little with most optimal coil-placement and such, since the flavor probably can be improved and is currently just little above average. My merlin is better in that regard imho, but probably just a placement issue. Anyway, I vape unflavored so flavor isn't that important for me and just vape for the nicfix and to nhaling something. Anyway, it's a nice smooth draw and really great feeling to me this great little stumpy tank! Also, it's so nice and easy to build on and wick. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
wmANylf.jpg

I did a quick coil. SS316L 26g 3mm 7 wraps spaced. Couldn't wait. The flavor is good, not as good as the Supreme, but the Supreme is dual coil. I got a plug for the Supreme so I can run it in single coil mode. Gonna try it with same juice and same coil and compare.

The airflow is nice, a little tighter draw than the Supreme and the sound is more "swooshier". I'm a DTL-guy. Now I got to get back to the kitchen renovation :D Sorry for the large pictures, guys, I'm new to this forum.
Don't be sorry, we can see better lol! And welcome! Now back to work lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread