OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I've been having massive wicking issues with the Engine Nano over the past couple days :( I don't know what I'm doing differently. I'm getting flooding and super fast ramp up speeds in TC with loud popping. It's been so bad that I had to go back to my Merlin rta. I put the same type of coil in there and everything's good right off the bat.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've been having massive wicking issues with the Engine Nano over the past couple days :( I don't know what I'm doing differently. I'm getting flooding and super fast ramp up speeds in TC with loud popping. It's been so bad that I had to go back to my Merlin rta. I put the same type of coil in there and everything's good right off the bat.
When does the flooding happen?. Do you have any pics of your build?

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
When does the flooding happen?. Do you have any pics of your build?

It's been happening as soon as I start vaping. In a very bizarre event, the ohm reading went from .4 to .07 only when I screwed the tank on. I double checked the readings with two mods and my ohm reader. The readings went back to .4 with the tank off.

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow. I don't feel like messing with it anymore today. I've wasted a lot of my liquid with the three or four different coils I tried.

I'm down to my last precious MLs. I have more but it's supposed to steep for another two weeks. I'll have to start using it earlier than expected. On the bright side, now that I'm using the Merlin RTA (which I haven't used in a couple weeks) I can confirm that the flavor is just as good if not better on the Engine Nano.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ran into a similar problem with the engine mini. I had .27 on the tester and when I assembled the tank then it would either be super hot or show shorted. What I finally figured out was that I was mounting one of the two coils too high and it must have been hitting inside when I screwed it together. I pushed the higher coil down some and it's been working perfectly ever since.

man00ver

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    In a very bizarre event, the ohm reading went from .4 to .07 only when I screwed the tank on. I double checked the readings with two mods and my ohm reader. The readings went back to .4 with the tank off.
    Whenever this has happened to me, I had to reposition the coil (either closer to the posts, or lower, or both). It doesn't always show up as a short if your coil is brushing the housing.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I ran into a similar problem with the engine mini. I had .27 on the tester and when I assembled the tank then it would either be super hot or show shorted. What I finally figured out was that I was mounting one of the two coils too high and it must have been hitting inside when I screwed it together. I pushed the higher coil down some and it's been working perfectly ever since.

Yup, that's usually the problem. I build on a 521 tab for a nice solid base and burn in. After the coil is all nice and glowy and the wicking all nice and fluffed, I reassemble the tank. I remount it on the 521. If the resistance is not the same, I know I screwed up and I disassemble to find where I screwed up. It saves from mounting on the mod, filling, and then finding out I've got to start over. At least with the Engine you can get the base off without dumping the juice.

janne303

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2014
    Sweden
    After reading through this thread I seem to be wicking differently from every one else

I'm wicking it like a RDA
    cutting to the edge of the deck
    fluffing the ends
    tucking it gently under the coil
    no cotton in the juice holes
    but covering the holes
    coil is at the top of the left post hole
    1mm from the post
    ---------------------------
    Black Nano

coil - 1 7 wraps spaced
    material - 26 AWG 316L SS
    Ohms - 0.46
    Watts - 35
    Volts - 4.6
    Temp - 460F
    ---------------------------
    vapes just like my OBS engine
    full flavor dense clouds
    Same wicking as in mine since day one :) I love it!

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Yup, upside down. For rewicking I just flip the tank, unscrew the base, put the tank on the table upside down, do my cleaning/rewicking, line up the tabs, screw back down and flip back up for use. It actually stays pretty clean doing it that way. Of course if I manage to knock the upside down tank onto its side, I'll have a spill to clean up (theoretically, I'd never do something like that :facepalm: ).

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Yup, upside down... Of course if I manage to knock the upside down tank onto its side, I'll have a spill to clean up (theoretically, I'd never do something like that :facepalm: ).

Easy peazy... Put the upside-down tank into a shot glass... Boom! :thumb:

Vaperx

ECF Veteran
    Jul 26, 2016
    I've actually been using the Nano a lot since last Friday. I brought it with me on weekend trip. Did a 3.5mm SS316 Clapton 26/30 and noticed a few pages back someone saying make the wick kinda tight. Did that with cotton nice and tight with not a lot of play. Thinned out the ends and presto it's good.

Just rewicked today and bang did it the same and it's great. Getting some very good Flav now. Finally

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
    Sep 22, 2009
    Just got mine yesterday. This thing is badass. What I've found is for better flavor, line the coil up with the top of the posts. For better wicking, don't put the cotton in the holes. Just lay on top like so..

2hxajxi.jpg

AL85 + OBS Engine Nano = Best combo ever

w9bn9k.jpg

9/10 RTA. Just wish they put silicon on the fill port to make it less messy.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Just got mine yesterday. This thing is badass. What I've found is for better flavor, line the coil up with the top of the posts. For better wicking, don't put the cotton in the holes. Just lay on top like so..

2hxajxi.jpg

AL85 + OBS Engine Nano = Best combo ever

w9bn9k.jpg

9/10 RTA. Just wish they put silicon on the fill port to make it less messy.

How much is the nano overhanging on the AL85, hard to see in the photo?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread