Observations from 3 years of vaping off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerL

Sep 27, 2014
Buffalo, NY
i began my vaping experience with a Blu e-cig that a friend gave me. I took about 5 puffs and that was that. Tasted horrible. Then I tried a Vuse, just as bad. Then I tried a smooth battery with a cartomizer. Okay, little bit better, more flavors, but that 24mg nicotine, wow. But it got me curious to what was out there that was better. So I wound up with a Aspire K-1 tank and dropped down to 18mg. I had tried all kinds of tobacco flavors and they all were pretty bad. From the K-1 I went to a e-leaf 50 watt battery, which I still have and works great. Then I switched to the Atlantis tank and sub-ohm vaping. Ahh, now we're getting somewhere.

Through this time I still smoked a few cigarettes a day. Using the sub-ohm tank I dropped to 6 mg. Okay, sub-ohm, this was a bit apprehensive for me. I frequent two local vape stores and the staff at each broke down the mystery, and warned me about the dangers of mods. I was told if I went with mods that were pre-built, such as Kangertech or other companies they were safer. Warned about carrying them with metal in my pocket and charging them correctly. So they had the Kangertech NEEBOX on sale for $14.99 on Black Friday so I grabbed one and a pack of coils. Was using Teleos Remixec and it was okay.

Then I found Black Note, which is a Naturally Extracted Tobacco e-liquid. Wow, this was as close to a cigarette as I ever had vaping. It's not cheap at $29.00 a bottle, but they have good rewards program and it ships really fast. Now I was down to three mainstay juices, Teleos Milk 2, Teleos Crunch and Black Note, Forte. Of course I add other juice to the rotation. So here I am 3 years later, I tried the Drip Box and the Drip Box 160, both are good and a good easy way to try dripping, but I leave them home because refilling them is a bit of a chore.

So now I have 3 devices that I use exclusively. They are all by Smok. I have the pen, nice small unit, fits into a shirt pocket. It took about a tank to break in the coil, but wow. Flavor city! I also use the Smok 8 pen which has a baby beast tank and a bigger battery. These are unregulated mods so as the battery drains the wattage drops. Finally I have the Smok Alien 230. This is my go to device, it goes with me. It's not huge, I got another tank to go with it. I can carry it with ease.

If I were starting today I'd just go and ask people at vape shops for advice. I'd also go for a Nautilus tank and move up to sub-ohm. Great flavor. I'll admit I still reach for a Marlboro once in a while, but nothing like I used to, pack and a half per day, now about 5 per day, or less.

One thing I'll say about vape shops, most staff are friendly, and the customers can open a world of knowledge to you. So if you're on the fence pass the Blu and others and get a decent setup. By the way, my e-leaf is still going strong 2 years later.

Reactions: Eskie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
One thing I'll say about vape shops, most staff are friendly, and the customers can open a world of knowledge to you. So if you're on the fence pass the Blu and others and get a decent setup. By the way, my e-leaf is still going strong 2 years later.
Welcome and glad you joined. My e-leaf istick 40 (best mod secret out there) is in it's second year too. B&M are excellent when their employees are well informed.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Welcome and glad you joined. My e-leaf istick 40 (best mod secret out there) is in it's second year too. B&M are excellent when their employees are well informed.
dropped my Evic Vt at work broke couldn't get it working... Picked up a used istick 40w 20$, works great still, almost 2 years later. Whats funny is that's the last mod I bought have owned around a dozen since then... Until recently I picked up a Noisy Cricket \ii-25 for 15$

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread