• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Obtaining Grace Through Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Grace has made it available to all!
    free will is a free gift of God. - Faith is a free gift of God. - Salvation is a free gift of God.

Each man is given a measure of faith.
    how can they hear unless - Google Search

Faith comes by the word of God.
    Faith comes by the word of God. - Google Search

Faith is encapsulate in the word of God.

For the world was made by His word!

Then it is the word we hear that is our foundation in the faith. Which allows us to overcome the world.

I will show you my faith
    I will show you my faith - Google Search

To show my faith I have to show the word of God.
    master of our faith - Google Search

No man lacks or has no faith! God grace has made it available to all along with free will.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    In Ephesians 2:8, Paul says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” It’s God’s grace that saves us, but not His grace alone. If that were so, then everyone would be saved because God’s grace has come to all men (Tit. 2:11).

We have to put faith in God’s grace, but the faith that we use isn’t our own human faith. This verse says that faith is the gift of God.

There is a human faith that is inherent within every human being, and there is a supernatural faith of God that only comes to those who receive the good news. Faith Of God - Andrew Wommack Ministries

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Apostle Peter said in 2 Peter 1:1; “Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” The Greek word that was translated “like precious” in this verse is “isotimos,” which means “of equal value or honor.” We have the same faith that Peter used when he raised Dorcas from the dead (Acts 9:36-42) and when he made people whole by touching them with just his shadow (Acts 5:15).

We also have the same faith that Paul had. Paul said in Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Paul did not say that he lived by faith IN the Son of God but by the faith OF the Son of God. The measure of faith that Paul had was the same measure that Jesus had. It was Jesus’ faith. If there is only one measure of faith (Rom. 12:3), then we also have the faith of Jesus.

We have the same quantity and quality of faith that Jesus has; therefore, we can do the same works that Jesus did, if we receive this truth and begin to use what we have (John 14:12). Because many Christians have not understood this, they have spent their time asking for faith or for more faith. How is God going to answer a prayer like that?
    Faith Of God - Andrew Wommack Ministries

Reactions: Saintscruiser

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    *** I submit to you. When did you receive the faith that save you, was it before you confessed and asked for God's forgiveness or was it afterwards?

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 10:17 - Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

17 So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    So faith comes when you hear the Gospel, because something within your soul and spirit KNOWS that you have just heard the TRUTH! That is the BIGGIE. However, faith grows the more you depend on Jesus. The Holy Spirit comes to live within us and He helps us to learn and realize more and more truth....as much as we are able to withstand, and our faith grows. It's growth depends on you. How much do you want it? Hmmmmmmmm?:wub:

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2 - Amplified Bible
    So also no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the [Holy] Spirit who is from God, so that we may know and understand the [wonderful] things freely given to us by God. 13 We also speak of these things, not in words taught or supplied by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual thoughts with spiritual words [for those being guided by the Holy Spirit].

14 But the natural [unbelieving] man does not accept the things [the teachings and revelations] of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness [absurd and illogical] to him; and he is incapable of understanding them, because they are spiritually discerned and appreciated, [and he is unqualified to judge spiritual matters]. 15 But the spiritual man [the spiritually mature Christian] judges all things [questions, examines and applies what the Holy Spirit reveals], yet is himself judged by no one [the unbeliever cannot judge and understand the believer’s spiritual nature]. 16 For who has known the mind and purposes of the Lord, so as to instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ [to be guided by His thoughts and purposes].

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    16 For who has known the mind and purposes of the Lord, so as to instruct Him? (from Mightymen's post above.)

Now I realize that the unsaved, meaning those who haven't accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour, do not respect and revere Almighty God, Blessed be His Name, but any true children trying to instruct Him? I realize I've questioned, asking why.....but 'instruct Him? I'd be leery a lightning bolt would have my name on it! (Not really.) That's one of the lines none of us would cross knowingly. Am I just throwing words in the wind, here?????? :danger:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread