Oceanus isub tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It sounds like your coil is getting flooded when you fill. If it's a topfill, you may have inadvertently squirted some juice into your coil shaft, which will cause flooding and juice in the mouth. If you have bottom air, you can blow gently through the airholes and the extra juice should come out, just catch the excess with a paper towel or bar mop. If it's top airflow, you can turn your mod upside down, and any juice or residue left in the mouthpiece should come out. That should also help with your vaping experience. It's not unusual to have some flooding when filling so it's nothing to worry about though you may want to try and concentrate very hard on only filling in the appropriate slot/area, and not anywhere else, as well as not overfilling.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

Geoneo551

Oct 22, 2017
Welcome to ECF.
Be careful to not overfill. Always leave an air bubble up top. Some tanks do better if you close off air flow (af). Anna is right, you do not to empty tank to correct a flooded coil. You'll get the hang of it. We all have, just persevere. :)

Welcome to ECF.
Be careful to not overfill. Always leave an air bubble up top. Some tanks do better if you close off air flow (af). Anna is right, you do not to empty tank to correct a flooded coil. You'll get the hang of it. We all have, just persevere. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
George, it's possible your juice is to thin....What is the PG/VG ratio? What type of juice are you using? If it continues I might go to a vape store and see if anyone can help you with this issue-- it sounds a bit like user error, but it could be something to do with your tank. How tightly are you screwing in your coil? What is your wattage settings. Does it ALWAYS happen, or only sometimes? The more information you can give, the better we will be able to help.....

Anna

• Agree

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Sounds like a deal is either missing or it's not tightened enough.

Check all the o-rings and be sure the coil is tightly seated (finger tight is fine) and not cross threaded.

I'm not familiar with the tank, but check the o-ring at the chimney (where to top screws into the coil), the o-ring on the bottom of the coil as well.

If you're not overfilling or getting juice into the coil itself has to be a seal somewhere that is missing/loose/twisted.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Top fill? Close the air and JFC, if equipped, completely before opening the top of the tank. Then open and fill about 3/4 of the way. Start the top on the threads until it's about a half turn from being seated. Then invert the tank and wait until the air bubble displaces the juice by the wick ports. Seat the top completely and wait a couple seconds. Open the air and JFC, holding the tank inverted about 10 seconds. Then turn it right side up and vape.

Welcome to the board.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi thank you for all your help just found a juice that's 70vg/30pg cleaned out the tank and tried it. No mouthful so hopefully that was the problem? I'll know next time I top it up
Many thanks
george
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below can help with additional tank problems, you never know.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread