ODY using Nextel XC-116 without Moding Ceramic...

Discussion in 'The GG' started by MrKrinkle, Jan 25, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Using Nextel XC-116 without moding ceramic... The photos should explain it all... very simple and works great... bonus uses very little XC-116... Keep in mind I only use 100% VG based juice which is very thick results may vary with PG or thin juices...

033.jpg 037.jpg 038.jpg 035.jpg 036.jpg

2. MrKrinkle

Some more pics not the greatest but with coil 3ohm using 36g Kanthal-A1 you cant really see it but its in there I pinky swear.... I use this 3ohm coil between 8.4v to 7.4v using AW IMR High Drain batteries only...

039.jpg 040.jpg 041.jpg

3. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow, you got your ODY, finally :thumbs:

I assume you don't get any leakage this way since you are endorsing this method, right?

4. Shaitaan

Shaitaan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

yes, grats K.... I saw in your other thread that Bruce gave you his own personal Ody for you, it shows what a great person he is.... Bruce and Imeo are a couple of the best suppliers/builders out there and I'm glad to be part of this big family too

5. MrKrinkle

This is my buy 2 ODY get 1 screw up by the USPS so its a magical $250.00 ODY so it may not work if you didnt pay double for it...LOL but hey even the $250.00 dollar ODY has a broken ceramic it broke the bottom half of one of my channels but I found the piece and just put it back in and the NR wire hold it in place so its not the end of the world...

No leakage works great of course prime your wick as usual and also make sure the juice control is closed when filling and make sure that the top cap is loose when putting the top back on then tighten everything all the way down and slowly open your juice control till you get your desired juice level... with this method I have not once gotten a dry hit until the juice runs out... I think that the channels being open allow the Nextel to be saturated much easier then when using a longer piece of wick... Also note take extra precaution with your wire to make sure it is in the channel all the way to prevent any short circuits as there is no wick to cover your NR wire from touching something it shouldn't...

I have also used this same method with the Dual Coil set-up using 32g Kanthal A1 @ 3.7v and it also worked flawlessly...

6. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Cool, thanks!

7. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks for posting this I am going to try this out once I get a new multi meter

8. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mr. Krinkle delivers again!

9. MrKrinkle

simple solutions for everyday livin....

10. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I'm just glad you finally got an Ody Krinkle! I say it daily but I still swear by it - The best vaping device I have used bar none!

I think one reason Imeo has gone to developing a new style PV is even he will be hard pressed to come up with a better device than the Odysseus! :)

11. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would think you would want to protect yourself against shorts by putting Ody wick in the channels to cover the wire. Hope the newbies don't see this and try it. Safety first.

12. MrKrinkle

Its not brain surgery nor is it complicated... just keep your wires neat and in the channels... if you can wrap a coil you can use this method... so easy even a caveman can do it...

13. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

Perhaps we should have more cavemen buying the Odyss. since alot of diff. people are having problems with wrapping and feeding the device.

They said the Titanic woudn't sink too.

14. ainako

ainako Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

looks like a viable way to use ssmesh wicks as well, or is there another method I haven't seen.

15. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I would use 2 pieces of the original Odysseus wick and put them on each side of the ceramic when using the XC116 or SS Mesh. This would do several things such as

1.) Prevent a bunch of the juice from running down into the base where it could not be wicked back up to the coil.
    2.) Cover the exposed NR wires to prevent any possibility of a short.
    3.) Provide a way to use the juice control.

16. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Interesting, but how does the juice find its way to the piece of wick? :confused:

Gravity would take it down the channels and into the base reserve once the feed control was opened.

17. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Krink!
    You got an Ody!. You made my day man. Everytime I would vape mine, I would remember your situation.

That is just too cool.

18. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Agreed, let's just hopes he makes lots more soon. The first 300 didn't go very far. I think the Ody has really revolutonized the vaping industry. The GG is great, don't get me wrong, I have several but the Ody is Unique in it's simplicity and performance.

19. MrKrinkle

I have been using this method for over a week now and it works for me perfectly... Try it, dont try it, make it more complicated if you must...

20. MrKrinkle

Thanks Torque I think I can say I have the only ODY I can sell for $250.00 because thats what I paid for it and be legit... but it wont happen nobody will get my precious... I went through way to much to get this thing...

: kayfun, vapor pro