ODY using Nextel XC-116 without Moding Ceramic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Using Nextel XC-116 without moding ceramic... The photos should explain it all... very simple and works great... bonus uses very little XC-116... Keep in mind I only use 100% VG based juice which is very thick results may vary with PG or thin juices...

033.jpg 037.jpg 038.jpg 035.jpg 036.jpg

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
This is my buy 2 ODY get 1 screw up by the USPS so its a magical $250.00 ODY so it may not work if you didnt pay double for it...LOL but hey even the $250.00 dollar ODY has a broken ceramic it broke the bottom half of one of my channels but I found the piece and just put it back in and the NR wire hold it in place so its not the end of the world...

No leakage works great of course prime your wick as usual and also make sure the juice control is closed when filling and make sure that the top cap is loose when putting the top back on then tighten everything all the way down and slowly open your juice control till you get your desired juice level... with this method I have not once gotten a dry hit until the juice runs out... I think that the channels being open allow the Nextel to be saturated much easier then when using a longer piece of wick... Also note take extra precaution with your wire to make sure it is in the channel all the way to prevent any short circuits as there is no wick to cover your NR wire from touching something it shouldn't...

I have also used this same method with the Dual Coil set-up using 32g Kanthal A1 @ 3.7v and it also worked flawlessly...

Wow, you got your ODY, finally :thumbs:

I assume you don't get any leakage this way since you are endorsing this method, right?

Last edited:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I would think you would want to protect yourself against shorts by putting Ody wick in the channels to cover the wire. Hope the newbies don't see this and try it. Safety first.

Its not brain surgery nor is it complicated... just keep your wires neat and in the channels... if you can wrap a coil you can use this method... so easy even a caveman can do it...

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Its not brain surgery nor is it complicated... just keep your wires neat and in the channels... if you can wrap a coil you can use this method... so easy even a caveman can do it...

Perhaps we should have more cavemen buying the Odyss. since alot of diff. people are having problems with wrapping and feeding the device.

They said the Titanic woudn't sink too.

Last edited:

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
I would use 2 pieces of the original Odysseus wick and put them on each side of the ceramic when using the XC116 or SS Mesh. This would do several things such as

1.) Prevent a bunch of the juice from running down into the base where it could not be wicked back up to the coil.
2.) Cover the exposed NR wires to prevent any possibility of a short.
3.) Provide a way to use the juice control.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
I'm just glad you finally got an Ody Krinkle! I say it daily but I still swear by it - The best vaping device I have used bar none!

I think one reason Imeo has gone to developing a new style PV is even he will be hard pressed to come up with a better device than the Odysseus! :)
Agreed, let's just hopes he makes lots more soon. The first 300 didn't go very far. I think the Ody has really revolutonized the vaping industry. The GG is great, don't get me wrong, I have several but the Ody is Unique in it's simplicity and performance.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thanks Torque I think I can say I have the only ODY I can sell for $250.00 because thats what I paid for it and be legit... but it wont happen nobody will get my precious... I went through way to much to get this thing...

Krink!
You got an Ody!. You made my day man. Everytime I would vape mine, I would remember your situation.

That is just too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread