ODY using Nextel XC-116 without Moding Ceramic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I agree....but with the exception of making the side channels fit the 116 because it, my opinion, provides the best wicking. Also, I finally got time to make a coil using the "kiln fired" 116 and it's FAR superior to torch firing it. The material, for whatever reason, is more flexible so I don't have to be nearly so careful in handling it. Awesome job you did....many thanks.

I know a lot of people love the Genesis and use a mesh wick, but I don't like it; never have and haven't found a reason to change my preference from the 116. But, that's what makes us individuals...some like blondes and others like brunettes. ;)

Para, I'm glad you finally got a moment to get to use it! It really is WAY different than the reggae 116. I'm not a fan of the mesh either, it's just not my thing. More power to those who like it, I'm gonna stick with my hardened nextel :D

I decided not to mod the channels on the side, as I was having some "over" wicking occuring, it was just working too well. LOL Works perfect (to my liking) with just the top section modded, and only wick in the very tippy top. No dry hits, and better control over how wet the wick is. If you got the thing running the way you like it, then there's no need to change anything you got going on. :lol:

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I have to say that nextel is way better than mesh Rick. Mesh has a lot of work to make it right (if you make it right at the end) and it doesnt wick like nextel. The only reason I prefere my wick against nextel is that it has CE and ROSH. But nextel is the best out there for sure. If it had a ROSH then it would be the only way for all atomizers.

Penelope's channels are at 2mm in depth (like Ody's are) but 2,5mm width so it will fit the nextel even better

Last edited:

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I agree Imeo, Maybe one day it will be fully certified for our use, and available worldwide. I meant to tell you... Thanks Imeo, I've made it over a year without smoking, largely to the contribution that you have made to the vaping industry. It's been a good ride, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it! :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
This is something we have to do as soon as possible Rick. Maybe I can send nextel to the same Germany laboratory like BG did with the first Iatty wick and we can have our results. We will also become independent from China too and we will have the best wicking material ever.

Thanks for your nice words buddy. The next very big thing that will come and will stay for many years on the market and maybe for ever is the VIR.

Last edited:

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
...Maybe I can send nextel to the same Germany laboratory like BG did with the first Iatty wick and we can have our results.

imeo, is there a link or thread somewhere for this test?

Thanks for your nice words buddy. The next very big thing that will come and will stay for many years on the market and maybe for ever is the VIR.

what is this VIR coming to the market? ohm's law or is this something else?

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I just received 20 feet of Xc-116 from omega.ca and I'm loving it. Thinking of trying it instead of mesh in a genesis style mod as well...

For some reason it fits in my ceramic without any modification. It's like the Ody was built for it.

Maybe you got XS-116 instead XC-116, according to my meassurements the XS-116 is 2mm outside diameter and the XC-116 is 3mm outside diameter (maybe I'm wrong).

I use XS-116 in my Ody (MrKrinkle's method), and it fits the ceramic like it was specially made for it :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
i will try to find the link but its hard BuGG.

Vir is a crazy project and its not based on ohms law. I hope that I will soon be able to saw it to you buddy
imeo, is there a link or thread somewhere for this test?

what is this VIR coming to the market? ohm's law or is this something else?

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just gave it a try, but mine is a bit longer. Mine is burnt enough to get the coating off, so when I cut it the ends fray. I found that I can get it pretty much all in the channels that way, and a little gets shaved off when I put the ring on it... so far it's working really well.

I'm glad its working out for you... and I now purposely make my wick's a mm or so longer so that it sticks out a tad past the ceramic housing... I find it to work better this way....

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Hey guys, I just got my first Ody last night and all I can say is WOW! My question is about the nextel. I have a 1' length of the XC-116. I also have a torch. So if I understand correctly I need to torch the Nex. B4 using it, correct? I am well versed at mesh, so its pretty much the same process, just torch the heck out of it. Does it change colors or something? How do I know I have cooked it enough?
Imeo, you are truly a master of your craft. When you say you will satisfy every vaper, know that you have satisfied this one.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey guys, I just got my first Ody last night and all I can say is WOW! My question is about the nextel. I have a 1' length of the XC-116. I also have a torch. So if I understand correctly I need to torch the Nex. B4 using it, correct? I am well versed at mesh, so its pretty much the same process, just torch the heck out of it. Does it change colors or something? How do I know I have cooked it enough?
Imeo, you are truly a master of your craft. When you say you will satisfy every vaper, know that you have satisfied this one.

Yes, it will change color. When you start torching, it will glow bright red. After a few seconds the red will start going away. When you are finished you will notice that the overall color of nextel changed from a "dirty" white to bright white... I love this stuff, that's all I use!

And btw, MrKrinkle's method works awesome and has become my preferred method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread