Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
And this is with the Krinkle method?

No, I haven't tried the Krinkle method yet, just a doubled wick with only one down in the side channels (the other either trimmed just at the outer edge of the slots or left long and sticking out into the tank from under the mouthpiece, I'm currently using the former)

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Same here, I vape my tank dry also

I use double wick in ceramic and wick down both channels

Thanks dspin. Everything is working great for me now :D have made two more successful coils since!

No, I haven't tried the Krinkle method yet, just a doubled wick with only one down in the side channels (the other either trimmed just at the outer edge of the slots or left long and sticking out into the tank from under the mouthpiece, I'm currently using the former)

That's what I was using too, but then it stopped working for me. Believe it or not I have decided that I was actually not wrapping the coil tight enough and the coil was just burning without touching the wick. Everything is working as it should now, but I prefer the Krinkle method as I get to save on wick :D

Now I need to develop something so somebody will name something after me!

Awwww you guys... warm fuzzies... and a funky break...

oh and OMG I made my own Reese's Peanut Butter Cup tonight to vape and its so delicious...

Haha, sounds awesome and thanks for the Funky Break dude. You always bring the funk!

Best method for wicks/coils too!

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Lol...I think he has done that in his avatar :D

Haha, that was my old UFSv2 that I essentially traded for the Ody, sold it for the cost of my Ody kit really. I'm so glad everything is working now. I just need to buy a Kick and I'm all set. Does anyone use a kick with their Ody in a GGTS? Does it work? I just got a PM from somebody that told me the kick wasn't working so well for him in his GGTS...

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
Haha, that was my old UFSv2 that I essentially traded for the Ody, sold it for the cost of my Ody kit really. I'm so glad everything is working now. I just need to buy a Kick and I'm all set. Does anyone use a kick with their Ody in a GGTS? Does it work? I just got a PM from somebody that told me the kick wasn't working so well for him in his GGTS...

I use my Ody with the Kick in my SS GGTS and have never had any issues with it,you just have to make sure it's nice and clean in the tube where the Kick sits.I love the fact that as long as my coil is between 1.4 and 3.0 ohms I can dial between 5-10 watts to it.I like a slightly warm flavorful vape and keep mine set at 8 watts and it's perfect for me.It also worked great with my UFSv2 before I traded it for the Ody.I think what I like the most with the Kick is the vape is exactly the same from the first to the last pull,and the built in protection it provides.Get your hands on one to see if it's for you,if not it will sell in a flash.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO

I love my GGTS Kick Ody combo. Battery life is only about 60% what I expected 2.5-3 hours with Panasonic 2250 IMR batts 2-2.5 AW 2000 Mah and 1.5-2 hours with 1600 mah AW's.

The nice thing about it is no more stacking batts and multiple chargers and carying around 98765432123456789 3v batts. Also same vape every time. About the same batt life as I was getting out of stacked 3v. I can wind the coil any way I want less wraps more wraps different wires it doesn't matter as long as I don't go much above 3v or below 1.5 but I have never been able to make a 1.5 ohm coil anyways. However it is a litle finicky if my GGTS gets to dirty it doesn't always work but my sonic cleaner is great for this. Also buttons can be odd. They all have to be nearly spottless and I find myself having to clean it a couple times a week slightly less with my new brass flat top adjustable throw though. With all of the buttons I've tried (old brass adjustable throw round top round, 2011 style button, 2012 style, and new brass flat top) when the battery starts getting low (below about 3.75ish volts) sometimes you have to play with the press a bit to make it fire however a new battery always fixes this issue.

All in all I love my kick and plan on getting a second as backup once they are more readily available unless the GGVV addon is released before then.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
"With all of the buttons I've tried (old brass adjustable throw round top round, 2011 style button, 2012 style, and new brass flat top) when the battery starts getting low (below about 3.75ish volts) sometimes you have to play with the press a bit to make it fire however a new battery always fixes this issue."

I noticed the same behavior on my Kicked GGTS, I normally use 18350 batteries + kick, when the batteries get low, that happens, I thought it was a problem with the switch, but is not, replacing the battery with a charged one fixes that behavior :)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Does anyone use a kick with their Ody in a GGTS? Does it work?

Yes, with a normal Ody setup I usually use my Kick. Currently I've got a dual coil setup going, so I'm running 6v instead. Since I got my Kick, the only times I run without it are when I'm either doing 6v or Stealth. It has worked great for me except for that first week or so where I just didn't have all my contact points clean enough (including the inside where the Kick contacts the tube), it can be finicky sometimes if the conditions aren't perfect

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Yes, with a normal Ody setup I usually use my Kick. Currently I've got a dual coil setup going, so I'm running 6v instead. Since I got my Kick, the only times I run without it are when I'm either doing 6v or Stealth. It has worked great for me except for that first week or so where I just didn't have all my contact points clean enough (including the inside where the Kick contacts the tube), it can be finicky sometimes if the conditions aren't perfect

Thanks dude. I've heard that too. Will cleaning it and polishing with something like "Mother's" work fine or do I have to use an ultrasonic cleaner?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Heck, just a little elbow grease and a clean cloth should do, but polishing doesn't hurt as long as the surface is good and clean afterward. I just give the inside of my top tube a good rub with a Cape Cod cloth while I've got it torn down for cleaning and polishing, just an extra minute added to my regular routine

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Heck, just a little elbow grease and a clean cloth should do, but polishing doesn't hurt as long as the surface is good and clean afterward. I just give the inside of my top tube a good rub with a Cape Cod cloth while I've got it torn down for cleaning and polishing, just an extra minute added to my regular routine

Oh perfect. I just snagged a pack of Cape Cods so that works out great. I really appreciate the advice, my friend.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Oh perfect. I just snagged a pack of Cape Cods so that works out great. I really appreciate the advice, my friend.

If you are cleaning contact points make sure to wipe them off well with something that doesn't have polish on it afterwards. Polish can leave residue that can caus issues. I use polish on the outside on non threaded parts and a dry shammy on threaded parts and any interior part.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
If you are cleaning contact points make sure to wipe them off well with something that doesn't have polish on it afterwards. Polish can leave residue that can caus issues. I use polish on the outside on non threaded parts and a dry shammy on threaded parts and any interior part.

Will do fright, thanks for the tips as always. The Kick is en route. Just need another top tube now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread