• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Good to hear its getting better Fran. Overcast and low 60's here so far. Never got the mower started yesterday!:grr:

Get to go to Des Moines, Iowa tomorrow for 2 nights, moving from my former region and meetings in Denver to thinking at least we will meet in Kansas City to this!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Did the mower not start or did you not get to it? A shot or two of starting fluid into the air cleaner can help get them going sometimes unless it's not a fuel problem.

I got it to work today after draining the float bowl on the carb. I did not want to do this as I took the mower in last October for a season end tune-up and blade sharpening!!!!
I take it in every 2 years or so and automatically know I will have to do something after they are done with it! I tried to start it yesterday for 45 minutes, yes even with starting fluid. If this was 30 years ago no problem tearing the carb apart but I am too old for this now. Oh and the drive-train won't work so its a manual push mower now.

Reactions: FranC

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I got it to work today after draining the float bowl on the carb. I did not want to do this as I took the mower in last October for a season end tune-up and blade sharpening!!!!
I take it in every 2 years or so and automatically know I will have to do something after they are done with it! I tried to start it yesterday for 45 minutes, yes even with starting fluid. If this was 30 years ago no problem tearing the carb apart but I am too old for this now. Oh and the drive-train won't work so its a manual push mower now.

went with a toro with the honda motor without the honda blades. The honda blades are nicer, the honda motor is quieter( want to hear later in life), wish the toro with both was lighter for turning.Got the aluminum deck but it seems to have issues under deck not positive yet( bout 8 months old)the personal pace option is really nice.

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    PT, I have a Toro that I've had for 8-10 years and it always starts at the beginning of the season with one or two pulls. Do you use fuel stabilizer? A mechanic at the local Honda dealer told me years ago to use stabilizer and keep it topped off for storage over the winter. That's where I made the mistake with my snowthrower last year and had to replace the carburetor. I didn't top it off and the engine hunted like crazy even with new gas.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I emptied my snowthrower this time. I followed the directions step by step and if it doesn't run right this fall then I'm going to take it to the shop. It's only two years old. The carb thing was my fault so I bought one and installed it. A mechanic I know recommends using non ethanol gas but it can be hard to find. I only have one or two here that carry it and it doesn't say non ethanol at the pump. It's just labeled as premium. I had to look online to find it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hi Fran. Getting any better weather there? I think we're going to get a break from the rain for a few days and warm up into the mid 70's by week end. I'm still playing around with diy eliquid. I made some lemon lime yesterday that came out mediocre. I have some flavors coming today and am going to make Bill's lemon pie recipe. I'm looking forward to it. I hope it comes out good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread