• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. My oldest is in Nebraska this week at a national acting conference. She's auditioning for a scholarship today. She is usually her own worst critic but I was surprised when she texted me this morning and said she was feeling confident. I thought " who is this young woman texting me? It doesn't sound like my daughter." I hope she is finally starting to see that her years of hard work are paying off.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks. I texted her to see how it went and she said that she thought it went really good. She said she had a five minute interview afterwards also. I'm not sure when she'll find out if she got a scholarship.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I hope you work out of it PT. I'm sure every little bit helps for retirement. I'm fairly aggressive with our 401k. I contribute as much as I can right now but hope to max out when I get our house paid off. I feel like I got a late start since I didn't start til I was 27.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Hey all, good evening. With my new boss, the end of quarter and having to wait till next week to head back to Spain is really taking its toll.
    Hitt my 401k is fine but I have a lot more in paid for properties, could not even contemplate retiring this early if all my investments were in 401k as the penalty would kill it.
    At this point I would only miss out on half years pay which wont hurt, Ms PT has some stocks vesting next year and will have to wait to quit as its a small fortune.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm happy for you that you are able to retire early. I doubt that I will. I have a handful of stocks and a couple mutual funds but they don't amount to much. I've had to sell some to pay for stuff for the kids. I don't regret it. I'm just glad to do what I can for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread