• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. We got a call from my MiL about 2:30 that my brother in law was at the hospital with heart problems. I don't know if he actually had a heart attack or not but had a blocked artery. It's my wife's bday today and we are going to have to go over to the hospital a little later.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I picked up the oldest and all four of us went to see my brother in law. He was in good spirits.

We have to leave no later than six in the morning to drive to college orientation for my oldest. It's a three hour drive. Why does everything there have to be early in the morning? We are just getting started and I'm already tired of the drive. At least there won't be a snow storm this time.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. The bed in the dorm was awful. I think I hardly slept. Also after the financial meeting yesterday I'm kind of freaking out. I just wish I could have saved more for the kids college. It's still better than what my dad had for me which was nothing.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    College is expensive. My oldest nephew has scholarships and financial aid and is still 12K short for his first year. I don't think he's fully explored the federal student loan options, but he's not going to have a choice. sigh.

My parents couldn't help me either. I got my student loans paid off 6 years ago (from undergrad in 85 and master's in 87)

The beasties and i made it to the park in back just before the thunder started. good timing :)

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread