• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's not a huge deal for us but I try to get any loose ends taken care of to get billed for the month. I have a few customers that like to bring stuff in for repair and then let it sit here for weeks before they pick it up. My boss told me that if that happens to go ahead and bill them if they have an account. Not much I can do about cash customers. I have a couple of those sitting here now that I'd sure like to get billed for month end.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    God morning Hitt and Fran

I've got the second day of a two-day workshop for my second job, Hitt. It's ok though, since it's being run by a friend of 30+ years who's up from Miami. The owner of the facility met my friend at a conference that we were all at in early July, and immediately started to set up this staff training. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I didn't realize you had a second job. I've actually given that some thought myself but don't know when I'd fit it in besides weekends. I'd like to be able to help pay more of the kids college but my current situation doesn't allow for a lot. Luckily we saved enough over the years to pay for at least the first year and a little more.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I've worked two jobs for most of my adult life (maybe i'll try to make my 3rd profession one that actually pays a lot). My second job is only about 10 hours a week right now. One evening and on Saturday mornings. The extra money does come in handy. :)

Glad you were able to save. The weekends and time with your family are precious, so shouldn't be interfered with except in dire need :)

Heya, almost-retired and almost-expat PT :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I wouldn't mind 10 hours extra a week. I tried to get my boss to let me put in some overtime but he said no. I do pick up a side job doing electrical work every once in a while. They pay cash so I don't have to claim it. It's probably not enough to claim anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread