Official Dark City Vapors Thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
I am a low level tinkerer. Tempted to buy a kit and play with it, but I am still explaining the spending influx over the last two months to the wife. The Cinnamon might be because they did not clean or vape the remnants of the previous juice out of the atomizer. Maybe!!!

I have enjoyed the low level tinkering, but mostly to stop burning out atties and find the perfect sweet spot witch seems to be on the low end 1.5 lrs on 3.7 and on the joyous end which is 2.5 atties on 5 volts. So somewhere between 8-10 ohms I would guess is my sweet spot for most juices.

LOL...I went through the spending spree myself, (avoiding the wife when the mail comes) when I purchased a Buzz and Silver Bullet..Course my SB switch dont work correctly even after trying the bump method..but the buzz works great..I am currently using a tekkeon mod with a boge LR cartomizer vaping some mountain 55..Think my sweet spot is around the 4.2 to 4.5 volts under load..So yea im near the 5 volts mark myself..

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
There are some nice kits out there with all the parts included if you wanted to try making your own mod. Some of them look really nice. I am tempted to play with one, but my soldering and mechanical skills are definitely low level.

I can solder pretty good but my mechanical skills are only my eyes..I just cant actually get it to work..lol

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Wow, that thing looks cool. Did your SB button not work out of the box? When I first got mine in it had the black button and it did not work right at all. Within hours it stopped working. Same thing happened to todd at Vaperite. I eventually got a hold of chad and he had me send it in and he replaced with a silver button. He is very good at taking care of issues with the Silver Bullet, almost seems like he feels personally responsible for every unit. So in the end it worked out for me, I have a nice shiny working silver button on my black silver bullet, combined with the a super t drip tip and my soon to be coming in hex designed drip shield, it will have a very nice look to it.

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Wow, that thing looks cool. Did your SB button not work out of the box? When I first got mine in it had the black button and it did not work right at all. Within hours it stopped working. Same thing happened to todd at Vaperite. I eventually got a hold of chad and he had me send it in and he replaced with a silver button. He is very good at taking care of issues with the Silver Bullet, almost seems like he feels personally responsible for every unit. So in the end it worked out for me, I have a nice shiny working silver button on my black silver bullet, combined with the a super t drip tip and my soon to be coming in hex designed drip shield, it will have a very nice look to it.

Well I got mine from the sellers thread not direct from Chad..And it has the silver button..its weird like I have to press the button on the side or press hard for it to fire..If I bump it then I have to find where it moved to..lol..Still have to press it hard..Like the mode just wish I didnt have to press the button so hard

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Usually they are sold by altsmoke, but Chad is the one who handles all issues with them. From what I understand is the creator of the unit. You could contact him and send it back to have him fix it. Also, he is very active in their forums regarding the SB.

Thanks may have to give him a shout !!

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
There is a whole section there he watches over like a hawk. I think he only asks for shipping to be covered. Talked to him for like an hour when he was trying to help me see if my unit could be fixed without sending back. Since mine was new, they took care of shipping. Love it now.

Thanks Chatter..May have to look it up believe I seen the thread you speak of...I never really thought about getting it fixed because I have these other mods here..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread