Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut

This reminds me SO much of this cover...

image.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
its a double rainbow but ole funky camera doesnt do it justice

Don't feel alone on that one...

Rainbows are just light refracting ( reflecting ) back off of the water at certain angles and that type of light is unique how it can be captured... This is one of the reasons I'm wanting/getting the polarizing filters I mentioned... By rotating the outer polarized lens on the filter, you are changing which angle of light is being let through which can help enhance the color of the rainbow or get rid of it... In addition, you get additional contrast which also helps colors come out stronger. A polarizer can also help get rid of glare and reflections off of water, glass and other objects.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ok...

I've got to get back to processing pics from the birthday party. I took 88 of them, I went through and quickly preselected the ones I liked... now I have to process the raw images into finished ones... I think I've narrowed them down to 36... but still working on them and may kick some more out as I go.

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    A polarizer can also help get rid of glare and reflections off of water, glass and other objects.

That's what I originally bought the thing for taking pic's of rainbow trout in the water :lol:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Welcome back to 1992...
    View attachment 594117

And here I thought Pepsi was only doing a super limited batch of this stuff! :laugh:
    I seen that in the store the other day, almost picked one up. Opted for water instead. I remember when they first came out, couldn't get it in Florida, so My Sister sent me a bottle form Colorado,,,,,,,, i don't remember how it tasted

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    I seen that in the store the other day, almost picked one up. Opted for water instead. I remember when they first came out, couldn't get it in Florida, so My Sister sent me a bottle form Colorado,,,,,,,, i don't remember how it tasted
    I was living in Colorado at the time it came out the first time. I remember really liking it and being disappointed when they pulled it from the shelves. It had a different taste than the reboot does though, and the original stuff didn't have caffeine in it like the reboot does. I still think it's cool that it's back in stores though. :)

Anyone remember Pepsi Blue? I liked that stuff too, but they pulled it too soon as well. :laugh:

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    this........... is the best Cola in the world, ever. But i sure have a hard time finding it. If You ever see it get it, you'll be glad you did
    66a403cb-34a5-4305-8916-a24a46e1e916_1.51b37222c837294b0ae7045ead1ae921.jpeg
    Thanks for the tip Moonwater, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

Sent from Doomite Central!

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Finished up on the bday pics probably an hour or hour and a half ago...

I'm pretty sure I dehydrated myself on this one... Came home worn out, dizzy and couldn't seem to drink enough to get rid of my thirst until I had probably at least 32oz or more... It wasn't particularly hot at only around 90° and I was only out for a couple of hours... so I suspect I've been slacking all weekend on drinking and it just caught up to me finally.

As for the pics... I'm fairly happy with what I ended up with. Took 88 shots, thinned that down to 36 when quickly previewing them... and ended up with 25 that I liked. I did the standard cheat... took wider angle shots that I was going to use and cropped down to the subject I wanted. With how the kids were running around, if you did it any other way you'd end up with much fewer good shots to select from. I also took some of what I call "snapshot" pics... basically a shot of the whole thing that you'd see from anybody's home collection of pics... but it's the best way to show how the area looks.

I'm tired and I'm not going to try to pic just a couple of favorites... If you want to check them out... use the link below. It's to my FB page ( shared publicly ) and should show the square thumbnails in the album... to see the whole shot you have to click on the pic.

Cohen's 3rd Birthday P-tay | Facebook

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread