Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Go Cubs Go !
In 1969 the so called (amazing mets) broke my heart and many times afterwards - sigh.........
Well maybe "wait till next year" is finally here all they need is 1 more win out of next 2 games to be in
the World Series.

go cubs go song

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Go Cubs Go !
In 1969 the so called (amazing mets) broke my heart and many times afterwards - sigh.........
Well maybe "wait till next year" is finally here all they need is 1 more win out of next 2 games to be in
the World Series.

go cubs go song

2rr7wps7_zpsie3veluj.png

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I been watchin shameless one episode after another :lol: it's addicktings

:D:DIt's awesome aint's it? We're on Season 6, bout halfway through. This show has gotten better and better with each season. An all time favorite!

I guess I'll see what they are about... seems there are two shows both named that

Two versions: Shameless (UK) and Shameless (US)
IMO (and half the world's:D) the US one is FAR superior. Far

Now where did you ever get the idea to watch such a show :D

i'm also about 1/2 thru season six, it is awesome

yes UK was the original US is FAR better

and with a Theme song like this how can ya go wrong?

Think of all the luck you got
Know that it's not for naught
You were beaming once before
But it's not like that anymore

Count all the moods you've known
Know they're not stuck in stone
You were patient once before

What is this down side
That you speak of
What is this feeling
You're so sure of

Round up the friends you got
Know that they're not for naught
You were willing once before

The time that you would never trade
Is equal to the effort made
You were simple once before

What is this down side
That you speak of
What is this feeling
You're so sure of

What is this down side
That you speak of
What is this feeling
You're so sure of​

Netflix carries the UK version also, but it's far from the same. Of course that's subjective.
But...I AM a card carrying Shameless connoisseur:D.
I also am a recent fan of this show. I do enjoy the US version better, but there are some parts of the UK version that are better (I won't go into that here). I'm starting series 5 of the UK version today, and am up to date on US. UK had 10 series, and is done, but Netflix says it's leaving Nov 1st. Hope it's going to Amazon so I can finish. I have to say though, I'm sick of Frank's hijinks (particularly US version)... just ruins it for me sometimes - he goes too far too often these days and it just annoys me now. I imagine the US version won't last much longer, but hopefully I'm wrong. :)

And Moonie, thanks ever so for posting the vid and lyrics to the US theme! I love that song, and am happy to now have that on my YT playlist! :)

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I also am a recent fan of this show. I do enjoy the US version better, but there are some parts of the UK version that are better (I won't go into that here). I'm starting series 5 of the UK version today, and am up to date on US. UK had 10 series, and is done, but Netflix says it's leaving Nov 1st. Hope it's going to Amazon so I can finish. I have to say though, I'm sick of Frank's hijinks (particularly US version)... just ruins it for me sometimes - he goes too far too often these days and it just annoys me now. I imagine the US version won't last much longer, but hopefully I'm wrong. :)

And Moonie, thanks ever so for posting the vid and lyrics to the US theme! I love that song, and am happy to now have that on my YT playlist! :)

I'll have to give the UK version another try, and quickly since i only have Netflix. I think the first time around I was just disappointed that it wasn't the US version. Guess I better hurry up on that one, Huh?

If I'm not mistaken I believe Season 7 will be the last for the US version, I think I heard/read that some where.

Frank being annoying is not only part of His "charm" but his means of survival , Just my opinion but I know what you're saying.

You're Welcome about posting the song, I love that song as well. And as many of y'all know it dont take much prompting for me to post a song :D

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Frank being annoying is not only part of His "charm" but his means of survival , Just my opinion but I know what you're saying.
Yes, and it was fun for awhile, some of the scams and tripping over him passed out, etc. was fun. But the past couple of seasons he's just gotten to where I don't enjoy him like I used to. I guess perhaps I'm sympathizing for the rest of the kids too much.

As for the UK version, I had to work at first to try to forget the US version, so I could see it for what it is without comparing (especially since it was first, really). There's a lot of great characters there though, many not in the US one, and I always enjoy the accents, so there's that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread